Elden Rings & Soulslike Things 17 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4

'cause I sure as hell am!

Seriously I haven't been this invested in writing, or actively taking part in a fanbase since my early days here on fimfic. But it's been so much fun working on my Elden Ring fics, and people like them!

Share in my Morgott brainrot!

Anyone else had their muse cranked up to 11 from playing the game?

For some weird reason, I don't want to write Elden Ring Fanfictions.
Not sure why.
Maybe it's because I don't do high fantasy?

I'm more interested in doing fanfictions for Grim Dawn.

Did start writing a fanfiction combining MLP+The Division and Vermintide.
There was something about the story in The Division that meshed nicely with Vermintide.

Why do you write Elden Ring fanfiction?
What grabs you about the story?

I write mainly because the lore is interesting, I want certain characters to get a better ending than what they got, and I'm also fangirling over one of the bosses lol. There is enough lore present to have fun writing AU's and fix-it fics, there's the potential to write my own take on things, to go beyond the limitations the game presents to us.

And of course, the fun of expressing said fangirling via shipping lol. It too me two playthroughs to get invested in the lore enough to pick a favourite boss, but when I did, the hyperfixation hit hard lol. Been a long time since I've been this motivated to write.

The lore is interesting.
Once I found out how the Loathsome Dungeater got his name, I wasn't such a fan.

The video about the different gods was also very interesting.
How the Greater will and the Frenzied Flame interact shows how things worked in the lands between.

I think I'm not into writing fantasy fanfiction.
Not into writing high fantasy stories either.
That's probably why I won't be writing Elden ring fanfiction.

Elements of Grim dawn could be translated into modern times and or MLP.
Wrote a blog post on that.
It could also be that I haven't gone through most of the story yet either.

The last Fantasy based fanfiction I did was on Skyrim and MLP.
If it wasn't for someone bitching about me sticking to Elder scrolls canon, I would've posted it here.
The problem was that I wasn't just cutting and pasting MLP chars into Skyrim, I was doing my own thing.
There's also the fact that the story shows a one of the characters in a not so flattering light.
But it has been shown in canon episodes.
I did post the story on DA.

I like taking elements from different sources and doing my own thing with them instead of following canon closely except for MLP.

I wish you well on your projects.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4