League of Motorsports 26 members · 10 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3

Three races in, it's still RBR's and Max's championship to lose, but:

1. Has Ferrari fixed their car? Can they challenge?
  2. Has Haas fixed their car? Can they rule the back of the field?
  3. Can Lando and Oscar get wins? I hope so, I love McLaren.
  4. Can Perez put in a solid performance or will he humiliate himself again?
  5. Will Danny Ric make it to the summer break or will we be seeing Lawson soon?
  6. Can Mercedes unfuck their car and not be a midfield team?
Swift Comet
Group Admin

1. That really depends on if Ferrari can keep it together and not screw up their race strategies or the reliability of their cars. Even Fred Vasseur stated that the team shouldn’t get too excited just because they got a 1-2 in Australia.

2. I don’t have much to say about Haas but as long as Magnussen and Hülkenberg aren’t tripping over other’s feet they have a chance to do well this season.

3. Let’s hope so. McLaren haven’t gotten a win since Italy 2021 and they still have more to do to bridge that gap until they become a major competitor again.

4. That’s debatable. Given that this is Perez’s final season with Red Bull until his contract expires at the end of the season he really has much to lose if he doesn’t perform better.

5. Don’t know man. Marko wasn’t exactly pulling any punches when he sacked de Vries back in 2023 and if Ricciardo doesn’t step up his game soon the same thing could happen to him as well.

6. I’m gonna be honest here Mercedes have completely screwed themselves over with these regulations. After having most of their highly experienced engineers poached by rival teams during the last few years they have fell down hard. Even if they do pick themselves up this season they probably won’t be able to challenge for the championship because of how far they fell compared to the likes of Red Bull and Ferrari.

1. I think Ferrari is certainly in a better place now then they were last year, and they have been talking up the upgrade potential. Hopefully that means we see a fight at the top.
2. I don't believe Haas fixed anything, I think teams like Sauber and Alpine have just fumbled their car so badly that even Haas are a bit surprised they've got points on the board. Haas notoriously is strongest at the beginning and then struggle with mid-season upgrades. I wouldn't be surprised if Williams and RB get their acts together to surpass Haas before the summer break.
3. As a McLaren fan and Lando fan, God I hope so. I think it's possible at least with some stellar upgrades.
4. Australia aside, due to damage, Perez has been doing a good job so far. But now with Sainz on the market, I'd be worried if I was Checo.
5. 100% if Danny Ric keeps up these performances, he'll get booted by the summer break. If he doesn't start outperforming Yuki, he's gone.
6. If this was the end of 2022, I'd say it's a certainty that Mercedes returns to the top. But with Hamilton jumping ship before 2024 even started, I'd say the future of Mercedes does not look good. I don't think Mercedes realistically has a shot at fighting for championships until the regulation change in 2026. They just can't seem to get a handle on these current regulations.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3