Bubblegum McGinty 16 members · 1 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2
EdBoii
Group Admin

Alright lads, we have a problem. In the movie there are two instances were Best Pony is Possibly named. One is direct, the other isn't.

The first instance is when Sunny interrupts the fully automated demonstration at Canterlogic and Hitch tries to get Best Pony and Thicc Pony to stop the machine. Here, Hitch refers to them as ‘Sweets’ and ‘Toots’, which is the only instance of Best Pony being named...

But it could be a nickname.

The other instance was suggested to me during the factory scene, where Sprout is bossing factory workers around. Here he refers to a ‘Bubblegum McGinty’ offscreen, which could be Best Pony, because bubblegum.

But yeah, indirect mention.

So! What do you guys think is the best way to proceed? Keep the name used by Hitch, the one used by Sprout, or both?

Don’t mind me popping in!
I actualy sort of came up with a whole different name for her, after seeing her Cutie Mark, I had no idea about either of those mentions, guess thats what I get for having the attention span of a snail. Anywho, I think both suites her, by that I mean use one as a nickname and the other as her real name, like we have Pinkie and Pinkamena, same Pony but different names. I like the idea that she is merely nicknamed sweets and her real name’s gotta do with BubbleGum. :twilightsmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2