The Musical Theatre Group 26 members · 4 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11
sunsetshimmer_13
Group Admin

Gotta go listen to the soundtrack and read up the plot to see if anything gonna be changed to fit the film adaptation.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Already ahead of you:

While the film is expected to be a faithful adaptation of the musical, changes were made to the portrayals of the show's characters, as mentioned above, along with the omission of four of the songs: "Anybody Have a Map," "Disappear," "To Break in a Glove" and "Good For You". Additionally, Ben Platt revealed that the ending was altered for the film, describing it as "A kind of extended third act in which we get to see a little bit more of Evan’s repentance and redemption and the work that he does subsequently to make amends and really get to know who Connor was and try to help the family heal .. He’s not, like, quite as off the hook as he is in the musical, where you’ve been sitting in a theater for two and a half hours and you’re kind of ready to wrap it up." The film does not use elements from Val Emmich's 2018 young adult novelization of the musical, which featured material from cut scenes and songs from the musical's development to expand upon its own version of the story.

sunsetshimmer_13
Group Admin

Thx for the info my musical friend:twilightsmile:

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Figured you wished to know about what to expect in advance, in case you'd wonder, 'Why wasn't this song in the movie?'.

sunsetshimmer_13
Group Admin

Honestly if they have their reasons to cut then so be it

Likely with In The Heights as to how they cut songs like Intúil or Sunrise (I honestly think they could’ve made a scene with Hundreds of Stories somehow to put before The Club number which is partially why I gave it an 8.8/10)

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Maybe they 'did' film those scenes and will be featured in the 'Deleted Scenes' section in the bluray or some shit.

sunsetshimmer_13
Group Admin

Maybe maybe

But who gives a shit about my critique In The Heights is truly an amazing summer film regardless of and hate or controversy

My recommendation and my enjoyment level is up to 95%

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

I liked the movie myself personally. I don't think I've ever been to that part of New York before but it seems like something.

sunsetshimmer_13
Group Admin

Me neither but hey it’s an interesting place

Now I’m interested in learning some Spanish

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

For me, it's one thing to understand 'words'. But the language itself is rather tricky. And that says a lot since for thirty years I've grown up in a state where Spanish is rather common.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11