The Musical Theatre Group 26 members · 4 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3
Dramamaster829
Group Admin

GOOD AFTERNOON, FIMFICTION FANATICS! This is the Dramamaster829; Critic, Actor, Writer, Motivational Speaker, and Occasional Singer, keeping you up to date with the latest news on musical theater discussions and beyond. You know I've been pondering around the sight for quite some time when I've been hearing word about this new fangled broadway style comedy series set to air for the Apple TV+ program today (If not already). As you know, I am a sucker when it comes to Broadway musicals and this particular series takes inspiration from some of the musicals of the olden years with a rather familiar story.

For your viewing pleasure, I'm hoping to strike up a discussion on the show simply entitled:

Schmigadoon!

Based on the title and concept of the 1947 Broadway musical, Brigadoon, the series centers on a couple, Melissa Gimble and Josh Skinner (Respectively played by Cecily Strong and Josh Skinner), who go on a backpacking trip in an attempt to patch up their failing relationship. As we expect, they only find themselves arguing and it seems this trip was a waste of time. Just then, they discover a magical town called 'Schmigadoon', which is perpetually trapped in the Golden Age-style musical. The two slowly realize they cannot leave this mysterious town until they do one thing that can set them free: Find true love.

To get an idea of what to expect from this musical, we have three 'preview' clips of the show to get an idea of what you'd think. And while we're on the topic, how it would be if the MLP cast was somehow involved. Please feel free to leave a comment below and let me know what comes to mind when you see this at work:

And as a special look, a first look video that goes into slight detail of the show and it's all star cast:

Till next time, this is the Dramamaster829... signing off!

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

There were other videos... but for some reason this site wouldn't show it.

But there are more available to find on YouTube in the event you don't have that Apple TV thing.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3