The Musical Theatre Group 26 members · 4 stories
Comments ( 19 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 19

Post youtube videos of songs from musicals here! :unsuresweetie:

--Sweetie Belle

Thanks! I do like listening to music from musicals, though sometimes I end up knowing songs from musicals I've never seen1 (but I'm pretty likely to go back and watch the musical at some point, if there's a good recorded version, anyways).

--Sweetie Belle

1. I've watched three out of four in this post, one live, but with different performers...
sunsetshimmer_13
Group Admin

Alright:twilightsmile:

My favs are Hamilton, In The Heights, and Rent

I've been meaning to watch Hamilton. I've listened to the polka a million times and the individual songs. Pretty sure I've heard a song or two from Rent in passing.

I've watched the original broadway version of Into the Woods a number of times, and love it. Actually saw EFX live once, and "The Magic That Surrounds You" section was great. Love Little Shop of Horrors (own the movie(s), the movie soundtrack and the broadway soundtrack.... Never actually got to see Wicked, but I've seen clips, read the book, and listened to the soundtrack many many times. The Wiz is one of these ones where I love the music, but the actual movie could've used work...

--Sweetie Belle

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Oh yes. They even got the original director to do the role of the 'Piragua' guy and even got the original Benny/George Washington as Mr. Frostee himself.

sunsetshimmer_13
Group Admin

Miranda was the best as Piragua
Chris Jackson cameo sold it too

You know, I posted two songs from the Wiz, but this one is still so good...

--Sweetie Belle

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 19