Offprint 40 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2
Krickis
Group Admin

Offprint updated to version 0.6 today, which brings a long-awaited feature: notifications. This and story tracking (which we're still waiting on) have been the main things I've been waiting on for Offprint, so it's great to see this get implemented. Here are the full patch notes:

Hey everyone, and welcome to Alpha 0.6.0!

We’re one step closer to the beta launch in June, and we couldn’t be more excited to see the level of enthusiasm for Offprint that we’ve seen grow over the last few months. Honestly, you guys make working on this project worth it, and we hope you’ll stick with us as we push forward with new updates and better performance as the year keeps ticking by.

This update was focused squarely on mobile optimization and bug fixes—over 40 issues and pull requests were closed over the last few weeks—so don’t expect too much in the way of new features. But we hope you guys like the changes regardless, and we’re always open to hearing feedback in #the-bulletin-board! [Krickis's note, this refers to the Offprint Discord, but this forum thread can be used in its place]

So let’s get this party started, yeah?

Features

• Notifications Are In—Notifications are finally here! Right now, we only support notifications for comments on your content, but this is only the beginning. Over the next series of updates, we hope to add more and more functionality to the notifications system, such as watchers, collections, comment replies, and more! NOTE: Notifications for existing stories won't work yet. This will be fixed in 0.6.1.
  • A Fresh New Look—The site’s navigation experience has been redesigned to better transition between desktop and mobile. Portfolios have also been heavily redesigned for the same purpose.
  • Site Staff & Supporter Pages—The Site Staff and Supporter pages are now up and ready for viewing. If you wanna get on the Supporter page, donating to the Patreon is the surest way of doing that, and it’ll also help us out with keeping the site running for everyone.
  • Expanded Collection Creation Options—Creating and editing a collection will now allow you to set the privacy option right from the start, without fussing around with the lock button on the collection page.

Fixes

• Long usernames should no longer exit the bounds of their container on comments
  • All docs pages—i.e. site staff, terms of service, code of conduct, etc—have had their stylesheets fixed
  • Improved load times when going from a section that had used the old editor to another similar section
  • You can now save a new section immediately after making a new section without having to refresh the page
  • Content stats on the My Stuff page are now more clearly visible in Firefox
  • Rearranged toolbar on the My Stuff page to be more clear about what options are available for your content
  • Added hamburger menu icon to left of user avatar in the site header to provide more visual cues for how to open the side menu
  • Going to a portfolio from another portfolio will now properly switch out the user’s information
  • Story and chapter titles will now display properly on browser tabs
  • Pages will now scroll to the top whenever a route change occurs

Known Issues

• The Insert Media button in the editor has been temporarily removed pending an investigation into how to safely handle `iframe` content
  • Loading bars may fail to finish successfully even though no errors occurred when fetching site content
  • Clicking on a comment notification will not direct you to that exact comment on whatever page its on, only to the content that comment belongs to
  • Sometimes selecting content might fail. We think we caught all instances of this, but if there’s any remaining problems trying to select content, please let us know.

I like that notifications are here

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2