Friendship Is Awesomes 297 members · 14,273 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9

I have some humans, some cats, and some ponies who I call my OCs. I also have a pet dog and some fish irl.

My two main pony OCs are Lightning Chaser, who is a teal pegasus mare with brown eyes and black hair with light blue streaks in it. She’s pretty chill most of the time. She doesn’t like violence or *cough-cough* bad language. But she can be a bit crazy when it comes to some things, and she has a very bad focus.

And Dark Wing, who is a medium-dark blue pegasus-thestral hybrid stallion with a midnight blue shade for his hair. He has green eyes with vertical pupils and his wings are larger than normal. He too, is quite chilled out. But when he starts something, he is determined to finish it. He is also a bit shy at times.

And I ship them. So, I need ideas for a personality for their (not yet revealed to the public lol) kids, Azure Wings and Cool Breeze, both twins and female and male respectively.

And I’m also gonna make another pony OC now. Her name will be Periwinkle Pink. She’s a baby pink earth pony with a beautiful golden mane and tail. She has orange eyes.

I desperately need personality ideas!!

JNKing
Group Admin

Don’t be afraid to take inspiration from other sources.

For example, Celine was initially based entirely on Renamon from Digimon. Even then, she didn’t have that much personality, I just liked how Renamon looked.

Then I played Telltales the Walking Dead, and fell in love with Clementine. And while I initially wanted to make a character from her, I ended up giving her personality to the Renamon character, giving something to flesh her out beyond good looking fox lady.

From there, I got inspired by the idea of Blake Belladonna from RWBY, and how she had to fight against her former friends. But I hated the romance aspect and wanted to shift it to something more platonic, like a sibling relationship. And like that, the budding Celine became the brother to Kodo, who had taken notes from Blake’s mentor Adam.

The important thing is to not let your characters be a carbon copy of the characters who inspire you. Celine is based off Blake, Renamon and Clementine, but she’s not exactly like any of them. She still brings something unique to the forefront. Be sure to do the same for your own characters. Look over characters you love from popular media, and then ask yourself, “how would you write them?”

Hope this helps. I need to go to work and won’t be avaliable for a few hours.

Until next time. :twilightsmile:👋

Okay, thank you SO much!! 🙂

This is very helpful. Y’know, I was having a REALLY bad day today. Yesterday would have probably been my very last day on the site. This was originally a really long thing, but long story short, I was having a really bad day today and was under lots of stress, mainly due to my egghead parents and exams. And I am not an egghead like them, they just didn’t understand that, and I wasn’t in the right state of mind to study. I’ve felt that they don’t love me since June or July 2020, and today that just confirmed it. But thanks to JNKing, and all my amazing friends who’ve been helping me from probably halfway across the world, and OCs, who’ve been sitting in my head and calming me down a bit.

So yeah, long story short, exams are coming soon, my parents’ expectations are too high, and I’ve been under a lot of stress.

I’m fine. And I’m a girl btw =)

It's slang for sibling, we're all siblings here and we gotta care for each other. If you need help with emotional control or any other sort, come talk to me. My mon is a psychologist and I learned a thing or two from her :)

Okay, sure will! Thanks! Clippy says hi.

“Hewo Chilly!”

“Let’s chat in my pewsonal bwog post! It’s in dis gwoup!!”

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9