Reviewers' Mansion 284 members · 653 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3
Arkane12
Group Contributor

“Luna Angels” by anarchywolf18 is an incomplete story that follows Big Mac after the war on his journey to nowhere on his motorcycle. An interesting concept that hooked me decently early. Warning, Spoilers ahead. And a story on the mature side of the Teen rating. You’ve been warned. 

TLuna Angels
Deemed by society as outcasts, misfits, losers, no good punks. Apart they are nothing together they are Luna Angels
anarchywolf18 · 12k words  ·  19  3 · 893 views

First, a little background. Big Mac is driving through the desert on his motorcycle when he meets up with a trio from the biker gang, Luna’s Angels. They take a liking to Big Mac, so they invite him to stop by and potentially join their gang. In the meantime, the city where the first few chapters take place is riddled with crime and corruption, much of which is the gang’s fault. 

Grammar/Spelling (9/10):
The grammar and spelling are nearly flawless. There were a few instances that sounded awkward, but didn’t break the flow or make me reread it. Well done. 

Plot (6/10):
So, Big Mac joins a motorcycle gang. I think. As I said in the beginning, this story is still incomplete, so we have little more than a setup to a plot. Which is something I’ve noticed in other reviews for this author. The setups are interesting, the plot seems like it could take some interesting twists and turns with just enough violence and darkness to make it captivating. But there is no ending to them. Without really knowing where the story goes, it's difficult to rate it fairly. Because of this, the plot’s score will be a little lower, but simply because nothing besides setup has happened. 

Characterization (8/10):
Big Mac is first on the chopping block. I’m not entirely sure what happened to him before the story starts, but it’s nothing good. Driven out of Ponyville and his family’s farm for a role he played when drafted into a war, he sets out on his own as a drifter. He’s quiet and determined, but still kind and gentle. It’s a fun combination that makes the reader sympathize with him as the only seemingly decent person in a world gone crazy. 

The bikers are up next. Sun Dance is the leader of the gang. And he seems like a bad guy. I can’t speak for the plot (see above) but he’s the sort of leader that I really can’t see Big Mac getting along with. I don’t know if he’ll end up being a villain in the story, but it certainly wouldn’t surprise me. 

There’s also the trio of bikers Big Mac meets. King, Thor, and Coastie. They haven’t had much time to shine, so they’re a little forgettable. Except, of course, for Thor. It’s explained that Thor’s face is quite disfigured, due to something that happened back in the war. The same war that cost Big Mac everything. The two of them have a moment of bonding over their combined pasts that creates a contrast between the two that could lead into either a rivalry or friendship. 

Total Score:
Grammar/Spelling: 9 / 10
Plot: 6 / 10
Characterization: 8 / 10
Final Score: 23 / 30 (7.6 /10)
<For archive purposes: 7.6/10>

Final Notes:
Much like the author’s other stories, this one really hooked me. I was excited to see where it goes next. Which, unfortunately, is also something that this author’s stories have lead me to expect. I don’t know why you insist on torturing me like this. 

I’m kidding, of course. I’ve enjoyed the little bits of these stories that I’ve gotten to review and hope to see more of it in the future. 

Thank you for review. If you want to know more about the characters read my blog also how did you like the music.

Arkane12
Group Contributor

The music?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3