My Final Pony Fantasy 9 members · 4 stories
Comments ( 14 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 14
Vimtrust5
Group Admin

What the title says. Fire away.

Here's a bit more from what I said earlier in the character suggestions. There's a lot to digest and process I admit, but me and another user have been brainstorming stuff for a Final Fantasy 9 story that would involve the Student 6 alongside Starlight and Trixie. I'm going to copy/paste some of the highlights from our conversations. As of right now this other user wants to say anonymous, but has given permission for me to share these ideas.

Gallus will get nervous about this marriage in Condie Patie, after Silverstream and Garnet agreed to do this. Zidane seems so happy about it, while Gallus looks uncomfortable and shaking about the marriage. Because he and Silverstream just know each other since they attended to School of Friendship for a whole year.

Ocellus will meet Vivi in Alexandria who want to see the show I Want To Be Your Canary, but unfortunately the ticket he has was a fake. They met Puck and and help them sneak in to see the Show. Meanwhile, Gallus will help Zidane and Blank to Kidnap the Princess and while Sandbar stay behind as the Narrator of I Want To Be Your Canary. For the Festival of the Hunt, Gallus and Smolder will participate. Gallus wants a new Sword and Smolder wants gems. Starlight heard that Gallus and Smolder participate in the Festival of the Hunt, she object them not to participate because it's too dangerous for them... But unfortunately, when participate sign up, they can't back out, and Ocellus find out that Vivi was also participate, she became so worried for him. She wants Gallus and Smolder to protect him, because the roster are full and she cannot participate. But they told her, not to worried about him, he can handle the fight.

At the Desert Palace, Gallus and Zidane are meeting with Kuja who wants them to go to Oeilvert to get something for him, and he allowed people to go with them except Garnet and Silverstream, much for their anger. And he warned them if they tried to harm him, he'll perish them. Making them have no choice, in order to save their lives. And Gallus warned him, if he ever tried to harm, touch or lay a finger on them, he'll get what coming from him and Zidane.

I can also imagine some finding the Iifa Tree to be the polar opposite of the Tree of Harmony and the Evil Forest being compared to the Everfree on a bad day, particularly during that time Discord's seeds were fully grown. One other thing is the inevitable "Don't I know that guy?" when encountering Alleyway Jack, doing a double take to see in the Buster Sword on the wall, and thinking of someone else when they hear Garland's name. Not to mention having thoughts back to the earlier fight with Golbez in FF4 when he calls out the Silver Dragon. Maybe someone could also be all "I was a black mage once myself" in regards to any pony with the class in FF3. This user also had this to say on the Evil Forest and the other scenes. I was also thinking that when Freya gets "Kain's Lance" someone would say "He might be looking for that." The idea of Smolder having the most interactions with Amarant and Freya also came up.

I can imagine Starlight taking an interesting any libraries along was Twilight if she is around for this one. I can also imagine Starlight giving some encouragement to Garnet thinking back to whenever she and Twilight thought a situation was too much for them, particularly showing concern to her trauma midway during the story.

Vivi and Ocellus will bond with each other at Evil Forest, and show him her power as changeling, she transformed into him which surprised him. When Vivi gone missing in Dali Village, Ocellus became so worried for him. In Cleyra, Ocellus will protect Vivi from the Family who tried to harm him.

And when Eiko was crying over Mog's Sacrifice to defeat Zorn and Thorn. Sandbar comfort her, and told her to remember all the good times she has with her. And he'll make song for her with Eiko who play the flute.

I believe Silverstream will be traumatized over the war, the destruction of Lindblum, the death of innocent lives and the destruction of Alexandria. This reminds her about Storm King who invaded her home long time ago. And she began to fear that her Kingdom, her family, her people will ended up like Alexandria, and Equestria will have a war against each other. The fear and her worried began to overtake her and she'll go silent alongside Garnet for a while.

In Black Mages Village, Silverstream and Gallus will also sleep with Zidane and Garnet while the others sleep theirs. Zidane tell his Story and after that Gallus tell his Story called "The Orphan Griffin". It's the story where Griffin who has no family or friends to look after him after his kingdom has fallen. Long time ago, there used to be a King who United all the Griffin that they never been United before, until a new king happened. He failed to protect the Idol, when the monster named Arimaspi came to steal our griffon treasure! King Guto tried to fight him off, but Arimaspi managed to get away with the idol. The King became a disgrace to our kind after he failed to protect it. And therefore, the Griffin are now became greedy, mean and selfish to themselves, the orphan Griffin was so sad that no one in the Kingdom wants to be his friend, as he live his life with his guardian who was a cranky old Griffin. Until then, something happened which change his life. He began to attend to school and meet different kinds who wants to be his friends, they began to get along with him and have some fun. Which finally makes him happy and found people who can be his friends.

When Zorn and Thorn extract Garnet's Eidolon, they might as well extract Silverstream's Magic to make the Eidolon stronger because she has the royal blood of Queen Novo. Maybe they will do that to Eiko and Ocellus with their extraction, but they are too young, because Kuja wants the Changeling magic for himself.

In Alexandri after Garnet became the ruler of Alexandria after the death of Queen Brahne, Zidane is unable to say anything to Garnet, and so is Gallus. He has a feeling toward Silverstream, but he cannot say anything to her, because she's now sad after Garnet lost her mother. He wanted to cheer her up about how he feels for her, but unfortunately.... he thinks that it's not enough for her and it won't cheered her up. And he began to think that he's not worthy for her too. And during the battle in Alexandria, Garnet, Eiko and Silverstream are summoning Alexander to defeat Bahamut, but unfortunately Kuja called for the Invincible to steal Alexander and manipulate the eidolon for his own uses, but then Garland took control of the airship and used it to destroy Alexander and damaging most of Alexandria in the process. Garnet, Silverstream and Eiko are about to fall from the crumbling castle tower. Luckily, Gallus and Zidane managed to save them.

In Evil Forest, Gallus declared to go with Zidane to find Garnet and Silverstream, but Starlight objected it. Knowing how dangerous the Evil Forest were, and none of them knows anything about the Evil Forest, it may look like Everfree Forest, but this is more dangerous then theirs, and she doesn't want the students to get hurt or worst. But Gallus doesn't care about how dangerous it was. He told her that he and his friends can able to defend themselves and able to fight their own battle. And he told her that Zidane might help them find Silverstream along with Princess Garnet, and he said about decided to do on his own after he leave Tantalus. And so... Gallus decided to do his, after he graduated the School of Friendship. And this cause Trixie to understand Gallus's word, decided that they should go with Zidane, Knowing that it might be the only option to find Silverstream. But Starlight is so unsure about this, but reluctantly has no choice, but to agree. They decided to go with him along with Vivi and Steiner to save Garnet and Silverstream. But she still doesn't trust him for endangering the students. Like... Getting themselves involved in a play to kidnap Garnet, get attacked by Queen Brahne for escaping, then ended in the Evil Forest, and got Silverstream captured by the Monster.

And during Queen Brahne and Kuja's Battle at the Ilfa Tree. Silverstream will help Garnet to save her mother, knowing that doesn't want to lose her because of Kuja even though she's adopted. She and her decided to find the Eidolon. And Silverstream shall call upon, but unfortunately, she got Aquamarine, much Garnet and Silverstream's shocked. Meaning this eidolon in the statue was a water eidolon that would wipe out opposition with a tidal wave, and thus not suitable for saving Queen Brahne.

On the above, I'm thinking Eiko would have interest in unicorns for having matching horns. Regarding Gallus being a part of the plot, there definitely needs to be a reaction when fighting one of the Griffen enemies in the game. I also think that when meeting Quina one of the group would have a playful jab at Yona's speech pattern which she rewards with "Yona no talk like that!" or something along those lines.

I can also imagine there would be some debate with Amarant on the whole "Friendship is Magic" ideology and I can imagine Smolder would bluntly say "So "dragon knights" are essentially rats here?" at some point. I can also imagine the initial reaction to Cid's Oglop form would be "Well that's the most different Cid we've seen so far" and Steiner being all "Please stop!" if Parasprites and other equestrian insects are ever described to him in detail. I kind of picture at one point that if Starlight ever gave a side mention to her visit to the Equestria Girls universe, Zidane would have an interested eyebrow raise along with a noticeable "Hmmmmmmm!~" likely not improving Starlight's opinion on him.

I'm also thinking the equestrian cast would definitely add to the "You're Not Alone" scene significantly. I was also thinking Gallus would go back with Zidane at the end of the game when he goes off on his own to see Kuja at the Iifa Tree. Other than that, maybe Trixie would have some curiosity on Tantulus as a whole, but likely be to stubborn on the idea of trading up to an airship for her acts. Can also imagine some discourse with Amarant on the nature of "friendship" given how much a core theme that is in both series. We also had the idea of Ocellus taking an interest in the car battle, Trixie getting addicted to the auction house, and Smodler getting frustrated from constant defeats against Bellatrix.

He also had a little more to add as far as certain event and the idea of characters getting Trance abilities in the story.

In Lindblum, Gallus and Zidane will hear someone singing and they headed up who it was and and it was Garnet and Silverstream. Garnet teach Silverstream how to sing her song. Gallus will get his Trance along with Zidane when Silverstream and Garnet are captured by Prison Cage in Evil Forest. Vivi and Ocellus will have theirs when Black Waltz 3 killed the black mages. When Eiko and Ocellus was Kidnapped by Kuja, Zorn and Thorn. Sandbar began to panicked and grow worried for Eiko, hten Yona comfort him and reassure him that they will rescue her along with Ocellus. Also during an Active Time Event scene, Yona and Sandbar will have to get through the ceremony to get past the village to Conde Petie.

We also thought that if the Student 6 got into character classes for anything it would be the following. I'm also thinking Black Mage and/or Time Mage for Starlight.

Sandbar - Bard
Gallus - Warrior
Silverstream - Summoner/Dancer
Smolder - Dragoon
Ocellus - Black Mage/Blue Mage/Mime
Yona - Berserker

So yeah, I had quite an extensive discourse. ^^; Feel free to use whatever gels best with the story and your own direction.

Vimtrust5
Group Admin

Hmm... I could actually find something to do with that. Or at least something similar.

Okay looking over a bit more of III during my trip (which was a bit of a washout otherwise) and seeing a bit further. I can imagine the fairies getting compared to Breezies and Twilight being especially determined to get the Elder Tree back after remembering her home tree was destroyed once. I can also imagine Medusa's threats backfiring at the Tower of Owen backfiring with Pinkie giving and excited "Hi!" in response to the first one and going all "Aww ~ I thought you were inviting us in." for the third one. Though the seriousness of the situation would not be lost on the others end they would probably lightly reprimand Pinkie. I'm also curious on everyone's reactions when they have to turn into toads during that section.

Going a little further after beating Hein, I can kind of see some similarities between the Elder Tree and the Tree of Harmony now that I think about it. I have to wonder what strategy the girls will do to counter the barriers Hein has and how much Desch's eventual fate will affect them.

Getting a little further into FF3 now...all while having to remember to save now and then since there's no rest points like later games. Oops. x.x;

In any case I'm up to Amur. Feel that we should have Twilight waking up from a dream vision like Luneth does there. One funny idea I had with those four old men claiming to be Warriors of Light was them either having normal ponies painted to look Equestrian or even some familiar faces from Equestria along as a gag. Maybe someone like Snips N' Snails or the Film Flam Brothers.

So I've made my way in quite a bit, currently at Saronia. I can imagine Dashie would be especially PO'ed at the airship being shot down, which... I realize I'm kind of happens more than you would think for Final Fantasy in general. Heck, I can imagine after a good bit of stories she would relay her stories to Scootaloo who would be all "what's the best airship you've seen so far?" or something along those lines.

As for Saronia, I can imagine that she would likely compare the situation there to the Hoofields and McCoys episode or anytime conflict between cultures in Equestria goes particularly wide scale.

One other thing that got me thinking is that this story will be their first big experience with summons.

Just want to say I'm looking forward to Final Fantasy IV coming up. I do like the NES trilogy but this is really getting towards the big ones I like best with the series. It should be a little easier writing going forward due to more pre-established dialogue and story depth. I can imagine the ponies would be initially pretty shocked with hearing about what happened with Mysidia, but come to understand Cecil's situation. I can imagine Shining and Cadence would bond well with him and Rosa.

I can also imagine Twilight would have especially a lot of interest with Tellah given he's an experienced magic user. He might be a little annoyed with her constant curiousness at first but eventually warm up to her. I can also picture Porom and Pallom reminding the others of the CMC a bit. Probaly be some clash of egos with Edge and Dashie also. Fluttershy and Rarity also seem most likely to comfort Edward through his losses after he joins also.

I can also imagine some Rainbow Dash and Kain team ups, particularly during the Barbaracia boss fight. Though I can imagine she would call him out too given she's the Element of loyalty. I'm hoping Fluttershy will be mentally prepared this time given that there are still a lot of character deaths even if most of them are fake outs. Can also imagine Luna seeing a bit of herself after Golbez's identity as revealed to.

My Final Pony Fantasy VII

Spike hear Aerith's Voice

So... Looks like you've made up your mind, little Dragon?

Yes... Me and Cloud made a promise to Aerith to never leave her side. I don't plan on breaking that promise, even if I'm weak or scared.

Spoken like a True Hero. We're proud of you and Cloud...

Wait... What do you mean "we"?

Hello, Spike.

Aerith... Is that you... Where are-

It's alright, Spike. I can take care of Sephiroth myself, okay.

Aerith... Please tell us where you are, we want to help you...

There's nothing anyone else can do now, Spike. Only a Cetra can stop Sephiroth's Plan.

I mean... I don't see we can't help but... If that's what you want... Aerith... Me and Cloud want to see you again.

I... I wanna see you and Cloud again too, Spike. So I can say goodbye to the both of you.

What... Goodbye?

It was nice having an adventure with you, Cloud and everyone. Spike... Always remember you're-

You're Spike. Never forget that.

Aerith?

Aerith, what's wrong?!!

Aerith? Aerith!? AERITH!!!

Ha ha ha ha ha. Hello... Little Dragon.

No... It can't be... TIREK!!!

That's right... And Sephiroth have something to say to you.

You're Spike... And you're too Late.

Vimtrust5
Group Admin

Grammar aside, I see some potential.

What kind of Grammar?

Vimtrust5
Group Admin

Capitalizing words like true hero and late.

Spike hears a Voice and Meet Aerith

Hey... Are you okay, Little Dragon?

Oh... Where am I... Am I dead?

Not really... But you survived from the fall.

Phew... What a Relief. Wait! What about Cloud?! Is he Okay?

Don't worry about him. He's okay.

Oh... Good. He's alright.

He is... Still.... I can't believe he risk his life to save you.

We were attack by that giant robot, it got exploded. And Cloud tried to save me before the reactor blows up.

Yeah... And I gotta say... You really did a number on that thing. The way you fight with Cloud, was really impressive.

Yeah. I sure did. But what about Twilight and the others.

Don't worry about them. They'll find you and Cloud soon.

Okay... Say... Who are you? And what are you doing here in my mind.

Don't know... I don't know how I ended up in your mind for. But I do know that I might help you out.

Really? How?

I can guide you and your friends journey, give you support and advice for your battles.

Really? Thank you.

You're welcome... Say... Can you make a promise for me.

A Promise?

Yeah... I want you to look after Cloud and stick by his side.

I don't think if I could, I'm just a small dragon to him. And beside he said he's not interested.

I know... But it doesn't about you being small dragon, he might need your help for his problem and his battle. So please, look after him. Alright?

Okay... I try... But... What is your name?

You'll find out soon...

Should I tell Twilight about you being inside my head.

No, don't tell her, along with her friends. They might think that you're not well. So keep this as a secret between us, alright.

Okay... I won't tell them. I promise.

That's a good dragon. Take care of yourself, and look after Cloud.

I will.

Spike slowly opened his eyes and see a girl looking at him with a smile.

"Are you alright?" The girl asked.

"I think so." Spike respond.

"Hooray! You're alright." The girl cheered.

Spike slowly get up and look around the place in curiosity.

"What is this place? " Spike asked.

"This is a church in the Sector 5 slums. You and your friend fell down from a roof. But don't worry, my flowers bed cushion both to your fall." The girl stated.

"Really?" Spike noticed as he look down and see that he's lying on a yellow flowerbed. "Sorry for messing up your flowers."

"It's okay." The girl assured him and look at him. "Wow... You looks so cute."

"R-Really?! Umm... Thank you." Spike replied as he look cheek turn red.

"You're welcome." The girl responds and noticed something. "Say... Is your friend okay?

"My friend?" Spike questioned, as he look over and saw Cloud unconscious lying down on the yellow flowerbed. "Oh! Him!"

Spike walked over to see Cloud is alright, he check on him and heard him groaned.

Spike sighed in relief. "He's okay, he's just unconscious." Spike answered to the girl.

"Oh, that's good." The girl said in relief. "Will he wake up?"

"Don't know... Let's wake him up." Spike decide.

"Yeah." The girl agreed as she walk towards Cloud. "Hello!"

"Hey, can you wake up." Spike called to Cloud.

They all tried to wake up Cloud who is still unconscious from the fall.

Vimtrust5
Group Admin

Again, I see some potential.

Aerith's Leaving

In the Dream

"Cloud, Spike, can you hear me?" Aerith asked.

"Aerith? Is that you?" Spike wondered.

"Yeah, I hear you. Sorry for what happened." Cloud apologized.

"What happen?" Spike questioned then realized in shock. "Oh no! The Black Materia!"

"Don't worry about it, Spike." Aerith said.

"No! You don't understand, Cloud gave Sephiroth the Black Materia!" Spike said in horror.

"...I can't help it... Sephiroth control me, and I gave him the Black Materia... I've ruined everything..." Cloud said look ashamed.

"I tried to stop you... But I wasn't strong enough... Tirek was right, I'm weak and useless to myself... Twilight and the other tried to stop Sephiroth, but Tirek prevent them for interfering, leaving me to stop you..." Spike frowned as he look down. "And I failed... It's all my fault. Now Sephiroth is going to summon meteor."

"Then, why don't you both REALLY worry about it? And let me handle Sephiroth. And Cloud, you take care of yourself. So you don't have a breakdown,okay? Also... Spike, don't blame yourself for being weak, alright." Aerith reassured them.

Then Spike, Cloud and Aerith appeared in the forest, Spike and Cloud look around in curious.

"What is this place?" Cloud asked.

"This forest leads to the City of the Ancients... and is called the Sleeping Forest." Aerith explained. "It's only a matter of time before Sephiroth uses Meteor.

"Really!? You mean there's still a chance we can stop Sephiroth?" Spike asked hopefully.

"We better get the others-" Cloud speak up.

"No, you two." Aerith interrupted and then explained to them. "It has to be me. That's why I'm going to protect it. Only a survivor of the Cetra, like me, can do it. The secret is just up here. At least it should be. ...I feel it. It feels like I'm being led by something. Then, I'll be going now. I'll come back when it's all over." Aerith said.

"Wait.... By yourself!? Aerith, you can't do this without us!? Spike protest.

"I have to, Spike. It's the only way... I have to stop Sephiroth..." Aerith said to Spike. "Your friends magic won't do anything to stop Meteor, but only a Cetra..."

Then she began walk away to the light that leads to the City of the Ancient and then she look back at Cloud and Spike.

"Also... If I don't come back... Then it's goodbye for the three of us..." Aerith said with sad smile. "Take care."

And she ran off towards the light, Spike and Cloud tried to stop her, but unable to move.

"Aerith!? Come back!" Cloud cried out.

"No! Don't leave us! Aerith! Aerith!! AERITH!!!!!" Spike screamed out in tears.

Then she's gone, cloud look down in sadness while Spike slumped down crying to see that Aerith is gone.

"Aerith... Please... Come back to us." Cloud frowned.

"And... What about the promise we made." Spike sobbed.

Flashback

"This journey to hunt Sephiroth feels like it's... Changing all of us." Spike noted.

"Yeah... When I get close to him, or even think about him, I feel like I lose a bit of myself." Cloud sighed. "What if when I meet him again, I'm not strong enough and I.... Lose myself completely? That's scares me."

"So am I, Cloud... The way he shows up really scares me, not to mentioned how strong he was. What if we face him again without Twilight and the others, leaving you and me to fight him and Tirek..." Spike said in worried and then look sad. "I began to think that I'm not strong enough to fight them... I don't have those cool powers Twilight and her friends got, I'm just a dragon who breathes fire... I'm nothing and I'm weak too."

"Spike... You are strong... And so are you, Cloud. No matter what anyone said." Aerith assured them. "Cloud, Spike... I want to promise you both that you ever lose yourself or feel sad... I'll be there to cheer you up and bring you both back.

"And we promise, that we'll never leave your side." Cloud replied.

"We'll protect you, not matter what, Aerith. And that's a promise we made for you" Spike added.

"Thank you." Aerith said with a smile.

Back to the Present

Spike and cloud remember the promise they made for Aerith back at the Gold saucer on a Gondola Ride to protect her and never leave her side, but seeing her leaving to the City of Ancient to stop Sephiroth makes them feels like their promise has been abandoned.

Hmm...... She's thinking of interfering? She will be a difficult one, don't you think?

Cloud and Spike recognized that voice, they look around to find where it's came from.

We must stop that girl soon.

Then Sephiroth and Tirek appeared right in front of Cloud and Spike and they look horrified to see them.

"Sephiroth..." Cloud said in horror.

"T-Tirek." Spike stammered in fear.

"It looks like she's heading to the City of the Ancient, right. And you have to stop her." Tirek suggested.

Sephiroth then walk off to the City of the Ancient to stop Aerith, while Tirek look at Cloud and Spike smirking.

"You boys better hurry. He's gonna to stop your Cetra friend... and there won't be mercy for her." Tirek said in a dark tone and began to laugh.

Cloud and Spike look shocked and horrified to hear what Tirek said as he continues to laugh.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 14