The Island Group 96 members · 87 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4
Robipony
Group Admin

🌴Tropical Post-Apocalyptic Story Contest🌴

-Image can be found: Here.

So, I’ve been having this idea of a tropical post-apocalyptic setting bouncing around me. Thus, I thought it might be fun to do a writing contest for this group that would have all of you exploring this concept. 

It’s really pretty simple, just write a story that takes place on an island after an apocalypse. What kind of Apocalypse? That I leave up to you, the writer, to decide. Zombie outbreak, nuclear fallout, natural catastrophe, alien invasion, etc… It's all up to you. 

Your story also needs to have some aspect of the apocalypse present, but how you go about that is totally up to you to decide. On one hand, your characters could be trying to survive on an island with a zombie infestation. On the other hand, maybe they’re having a beach party, celebrating their survival of an alien invasion. Or maybe the characters are establishing a seaside village on the island just shortly after emerging from the safety of a nuclear bunker. 

Feel free to make it as serious or as lighthearted as you want, so long as you follow the rules. :pinkiesmile:

The Rules:

• Your story must take place on a tropical island. 
  • Your story must also take place in a post-apocalyptic setting (essentially an mlp alternate universe where an apocalypse has occurred). What kind of apocalypse is totally up to you. 
  • The story can take place in either Gen4, Gen5, or even EqG but must take place in Equestria or EqG's Human World (whatever it's called). 
  • AUs and OCs are allowed, just be aware that the judges might not be aware of any worldbuilding/lore outside of what's in MLP.
  • The story must be SFW (Safe for Work). It can have implied sex, but no actual clop. Also NO foalcon and no incestuous pairings. 
  • Aside from the Fetish tag, all tags are acceptable.
  • Must have at least 2,500 words with the upper limit being 22,000 words.
  • It MUST be a new story, and can't have already been published. 
  • When submitting your story, make sure you put it in the Tropical Post-Apocalyptic Story Contest folder, in the Island Group, by midnight on July 26th PST and the story must be complete at that date.
  • You are allowed to post multiple entries, however only one may win a prize.
  • Have fun. 

Prizes

The prizes for this contest is some artwork from the magnificent artist, Princeling. 

-All these awesome images created by Princeling.

1st Place: Full Render Body image. 
2nd Place: Flat Color Body image.
3rd Place: Lineart Body image.

Judges

And your amazing stories will be judged by: Caladis, Airy Words, Dashie04 and LunarReaper.

The Judges will be judging the stories using the following rubric:

• Story: Is it engaging or fun to read?
  • Characters: Are the characters well developed and relatable?
  • Themes: How well does the story implement the themes of a tropical island and a post-apocalyptic setting?
  • Dialogue: Does the dialogue feel natural?
  • Grammar/Spelling: Is the story well written or does it have frequent grammatical errors.
  • Creativity: How creative was the author with the concepts that they used?

Each of these categories will be given a grade of 1-5, with a total score of 6-30 by the judges. The judges will then discuss the scores together to determine the winner. :pinkiesmile:

Feel free to ask questions if you have any. 

Thank you all for coming back, we hope that you all will participate and make some amazing stories. :twilightsmile:

-This image can be found: here.

Dezmo #2 · 2 weeks ago · · ·

Sounds like fun! I might give it a try.

Also, the prizes feel like they are backwards...

EDIT: Nice save.

Robipony
Group Admin

7964021 Shoot! You're right! I'll fix that! :rainbowderp:

EDIT: Fixed it. :raritywink:

Robipony
Group Admin

So, how is everyone doing? :rainbowderp:

At the moment we have 2 entries. :pinkiegasp:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4