No Author Left Unnoticed! 247 members · 2,614 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3
Winter_Solstice
Group Admin

Here is the Pinned folder for votes on Best of the Best Submissions. Members are encouraged to read the submitted works and vote on whether or not the story (ries) qualify for the Best of the Best. Both positive and negative comments are welcome, but let's keep everything civil and respectful!

Cheers!

This is a good idea to promote stories of specific authors more and to encourage pony authors to write the best stories they can. But I have a few questions:

1. How often does the voting take place? Every week? Every month? Every two months? And, therefore, how long will stories get collected before a vote takes place? This info is missing here, but it's crucial.

2. What exactly is the reward for one's story being the "Best of the Best"? There is a folder it will be included in then, but it's already possible to include stories in that folder, which pre-empts the reward and makes it feel redundant. Unless the folder you just created is supposed to be a temporary folder and you already plan to create a locked folder to house the winners after the first vote happened, it would be best to distinct between a folder that just collects submissions and a locked folder where only the winning stories get placed and to empty the first folder each time after a vote happened.

3. Where can I find the exact details for this vote? The thread here has only very basic information and I managed to piece together how it works by finding the folder, but for smooth votings, all the information should be here in the thread, including how often the voting happens.

Winter_Solstice
Group Admin

The voting is strictly arbitrary: readers may read the submissions at their leisure, and vote accordingly. I didn't want to be the only one making the decisions, or else I'd reject certain ones out of hand.

The reward is of course to be put in the Best of the Best category, which is an honor in itself. That folder is locked, so that only Admins can add to it. Now then, I should probably be a bit more specific in the voting, because I don't want stories that are obviously not qualified to be considered the Best of anything being voted in. I see a few stories with abysmal ratings already being submitted, and I've seen a few of the authors have issues with simple technical matters in their writing, such as improper said tags, capitalization, and proper use of tenses.

The details for the votes will be in the thread...I want readers to post which story they've read, and give their vote, yay or nay, for said tale.

There are a few more details to work out, as your post has revealed. We'll see how it goes.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3