No Author Left Unnoticed! 247 members · 2,593 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2

So, it's the holiday season on FimFic, and you know what that--

Well. Some of you might remember this. For others, it might have been before your time on FimFiction.

I'm referring, of course, to that time way back in 2012 when The Descendant started a grand (or, modest as he is, I'm sure he'd insist it was merely petty) tradition of putting a Santa hat on your avatar. Then people kept doing it for, like, uh... well, it tapered off over the years, but some still do. So if you see people here and there with Santa hats for the next little while, now you know why.

The Descendant may not kick around on FimFiction in person these days, but in honor of a great author and a great person, I'll take it upon myself to ask in his place: would you consider a Santa hat?

And, to those of you so inclined, would you further consider spreading the word to try to get more people onboard?

I ask this because traditions matter - they define the spirit of a place, but they don't just keep themselves alive; they fade away pretty fast in the long view of things without some effort to keep the flame burning. This particular tradition is particularly important because of what The Descendant brought to FimFic. To me, he was one of those people who embodied much of what the show wanted to teach us, particularly in its earliest era.

I think we could all use a bit more of that again, especially after the 2020 we've all been through.

Thanks, and happy holidays!

Way ahead of you; I've got PAINT.NET at the ready.

Unfortunately, it's on a computer that I won't regain access to until Sunday at the earliest so... Lemme give you a rain check (or would that be a snow check?).
:twilightsheepish:

Happy holidays to you too, Winston!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2