Warhammer 40k Homebrew Stuff 20 members · 2 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

Okay, so you all know that all of my stories (at present) are Warhammer 40k crossovers. And thus: you all know that I am a fan of the franchise.

What you may not know is that due to the obnoxious prices, I have never purchased figures for the tabletop game. Well I'm (hopefully) ending that this holiday season.

My target: the brand new Blood of the Phoenix box set.

Now, Eldar are not my favorite faction, but the fact that I can use all the figures as an Aeldari army is the deciding factor here.

However, rather than just going with the canon story that these figures are based on, I am going to use them to build a Homebrew Cult of Isha.

To that end I wanted to post my current ideas and get help from more seasoned 40k fans to help me fill in the gaps.

For starters, their origins: This'll be a little tricky purely because half of them are Drukhari (Drukhari serving Isha are even rarer than repentant Word Bearers) so I'm thinking that they learn of Isha's survival (most Eldar think she's dead) through a vision-dream, and the psychic backlash of feeling Her presence guilts the Dark Eldar into serving her. Also: a passive ability (that doesn't effect gameplay) that says since the Drukhari are psychically linked to Isha, they sustain themselves on Her sorrow and despair which sustains them indefinitely.

The Howling Banshees don't really need much more (in fact, it would take a lot less) to ride out in Isha's name, which, of course, brings us to the endgame of these 'Ishari' (if anyone has a better name, comment below)

The Ishari are, naturally, trying to save Isha. But Isha will have told them about that one Craftworld who tried to pick a fight with Nurgle and got their asses kicked. So, they're (As Eldar do) going on a mysterious and convoluted quest.

Step one: Get more Eldar. Since the Ishari will only consist of the Blood of the Phoenix recolored, their story is going to be very slow as I gradually add to their numbers over various holidays, so that's it for their origins and objectives.

For the characters, this is what I'll need help on the most. Because the Ishari are led by a Phoenix Lord OC that looks exactly like Jaine Zar and an OC that looks like...I do not remember the name or title of the Dark Eldar character.

However, I pretty much got my ideal color scheme drawn out in my head. Naturally, since these are cultists of Isha, I'm doing Earth tones: a green primary with a brown or lighter green trim, I'm coloring the Incubi's horns to look like wood (and if I can, I'll kit bash them into antlers) and the Banshees' hair to look like leaves.
For the Phoenix Lord's heckin long pony mane, I'm thinking a season-change style, the first fourth will be light green (Spring) that transitions to yellow (Summer) that transitions to orange (Autumn) that ends with brown (Winter). Also, there's a leafy vine wrapped around her spear.

That's all I got off the top of my head, but shoot me some questions and I'll either come up with answers or ask for opinions, please help me do this right.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1