The Muppet Ponies 40 members · 1 stories
Comments ( 17 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 17
Wildcard25
Group Admin

One of my favorite segments from Sesame Street during the early 2000s was Journey to Ernie, where Big Bird and Ernie play a little game of hide and seek. Big Bird looks all over these strange places in search of Ernie using whatever clues Ernie left behind for him. After many tries to find him, Big Bird eventually finds Ernie and they celebrate. I really loved the song they sing at the end once the game is done.

Imagine the ponies and Spike getting in on this game and try to find not only Ernie, but Pinkie Pie as well, it's sure to be a blast of fun.

Twilight: It's Pinkie!

Pinkie: It's me!

Spike: We'd know you anywhere!

Rarity: The cute sound of your laugh!

Rainbow: That pink and poofy hair!

Applejack: The excited squeal in your voice!

Fluttershy: Tells us you're the one.

Pinkie: Hee Hee!

Twilight, Spike, Rarity: We found her!

Rainbow, Applejack, and Fluttershy: We found her!

Group: La-la-la-la-la!

Mane Six and Spike; Our Journey
To Pinkie
Is dooonnnnne!

Here some Journey To Ernie Examples

Right in the nostalgia! My particular favorite moments were the occasional appearances of Two Heads, and the times when the roles were reversed in more ways than one. Like when it’s Journey to Big Bird or Journey to Bert.

I’m already thinking of Pinkie Pie and Ernie hiding inside a castle that’s rigged with pranks, and traps. Our heroes and Big Bird’s first clue was that both Pinkie and Ernie are at the top of a tower.

I like this idea

That does sound like all in good fun. I think Pinkie and Ernie would get along rather nicely.

Wildcard25
Group Admin

7144715 I know their way of mixing it up with Ernie looking for Big Bird and Big Bird looking for Bert was a nice change up

Like that time that Ernie searched for Big Bird with Bert in that little airplane? I remember that scene.

Now imagine some random times when Pinkie Pie wants to find her friends instead.

Announcer: "IT'S TIME TO PLAY JOURNEY TO PINKIE, WHERE PINKIE HIDES AND HER FRIENDS SEEK!"
Pinkie Pie: "Wait a minute! Stop the game, stop the game! Uh, hey everypony? Spike? Gummy and I were wondering if we could try seeking."
Twilight: "You mean we would hide and you would try and find us?"
Pinkie Pie: "Yup!"
Rainbow Dash: "Hmmm. We could do that."
Applejack: "Darn tootin. Uh, hey announcer guy? Can we do that?"
Announcer: "Why not?" (Changes the title) "IT'S TIME TO PLAY JOURNEY TO FRIENDS, WHERE PINKIE'S FRIENDS HIDES AND PINKIE SEEKS!"

that time that Ernie searched for Big Bird with Bert in that little airplane?

I don't remember that. What episode was that?

It was not an episode. It was that movie where Big Bird was supposedly taken to a family of birds, but they were complete dorks and he tried to get back to Sesame Street himself. All the while pursued by that Miss Finch character who was determined to get Big Bird back with his own kind and sure enough turns out Big Bird's friends had gone looking for him too.

Oh. You refer to the movie Follow That Bird.

Yeah that's right. A movie that came long before Elmo's visit to Oscar's homeland hidden beneath his garbage can. Technically, there was a door in his home that leads there.

I can see the gang with the Two-headed monster now.

Spike-Have you seen Pinkie.
Two-headed monster-Pinkie! Yeah!
Rainbow-Great, where is she?
Two-headed monster (Points in different directions)-That way.
Two-headed monster leaves.
Twilight (Sighs)-Never ask directions from a Two-headed monster.

No... No you cannot. Especially if only one monster is telling the truth and the other head tells lies, but you can never really tell which is which.

Here's a thought. Since we can't travel around the world, given to the pandemic, we'll bring the world to us, with Pinkie Pie.

Twilight: "Okay everyone. You know the drill." (The gang, minus Pinkie Pie, closed their eyes as the counted.)
Everyone: "1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10!"
Rainbow Dash: "Okay, Pinkie Pie! Ready or not! Here we come!"

(The gang find themselves in Mexico.)

Fluttershy: "Oh my! Where are we?!"
Spike: "We're not in Equestria anymore."
Twilight: (Whips out a map) "According to Sunset Shimmer's map, we're in the country called Mexico. And if we're here, then Pinkie must be around here somewhere."

Pinkie Pie: "All right, my friend, both of us are going to hiding now, but we are leaving you a riddle to where we will be hiding."

Ernie: "Here is the riddle: We will be by the cherries that have no stones, near what runs but never walks."

Rainbow: "That was an odd riddle."

Twilight: "Okay, everyone, You know the drill." (The gang and Big Bird closed their eyes and started to count)

Applejack: "Okay, You two! Ready or not! Here we come!"
The group finds themself in the land of Japan.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 17