Fan Club of A Man Undercover 52 members · 89 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6
A Man Undercover
Group Admin

Ladies and gentlemen. I come bearing news regarding the mentioned story I made and the sequels I planned for it.

Sadly, the news isn’t exactly what I’d call the most flattering.

Here and there, I’ve looked over the reviews of this story by the many people I’ve requested a take from, which were mixed at the most. Granted, I’m always open for criticism, but the reviews reminded me of some of the many things I’ve regretted as I read the story myself. The things in question are what I believe caused the shortcomings revolving around it, which was often aimed towards the narrative pacing and story as a whole.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m happy with how “A Moment of Truth” turned out and I’m very proud of it. However, I think that the story could have benefited more in some areas, and what I believe caused the shortcomings that were pointed out and the overall mixed reactions was my determination to complete it within a three-month time period. I was so determined to get “A Moment of Truth” out there and complete it as fast as I could, that I didn’t stop to think of whether there were ways to make the story better.

There were many other things I was thinking of adding in outside of what was presented, including revealing an unseen third accomplice and Ahuizotl revealing his plans on how he could wipe out the sapients (with the exception of himself and his minions, of course). But, I later decided to save them for the sequels because I was worried they’d cause this story to drag. Now, though, I’ve started to think I should’ve added those elements in anyway.

Speaking of the sequels, there is something involving them that I’d like to confide.

Despite my determination to bring them to life and put them out there, I’ve become conflicted over whether I’d like to continue with what I already brought to the table. Among the many reasons for why are that I’ve been feeling a lack of contentment with making the series I planned for Daring Do and Ahuizotl into fanfics. My interest is not just writing them but pitching the stories to Hasbro and Entertainment One one day in the hopes of making them into a television miniseries. The retcon revolving around Ahuizotl and the mistreatment and tarnishing of Daring Do has continually haunted me because of people always classifying it as “official”, and the more that reminder kept coming back to me the more I keep thinking that making the series into fanfics would not help to “officially” build on the incompleteness the story of “Daring Doubt” seemed to have. I didn’t think making the stories into fanfics would make things better at all nor help make a difference in this world. Most of all, I hardly think I would get any inner peace if I made the series into fan fictions.

Along with that, the more I’ve remembered the shortcomings of “A Moment of Truth”, the more I’ve realized that the story required some extensive polishing and editing. Particularly for if I’m to one day pitch the series to Hasbro and Entertainment One. Now that I think about it, the finished story would’ve also benefited more if I had a co-writer to work alongside me. Someone to help me bring my ideas out for me whenever they’re in my head and I can’t get them out on paper, as well as to help strengthen the story.

So much time has gone by, and with it came lots of change in plans regarding the series that I believe would make it easier to continue. So many ideas came in my head as to what a remake of “A Moment of Truth” would look like that I’ve hardly had the motivation to continue the series with what I already wrote.

I’m afraid I won’t be able to continue development on the sequels by building off of what I presented here. That doesn’t mean I’m going to delete this story, though. I will keep it posted to give people the general idea as to what I’m hoping to bring to the screen someday. After all, a lot of times a story can change from what was originally presented, mainly to help it improve and get better later on.

With all that said…thank you for your time.

The retcon revolving around Ahuizotl and the mistreatment and tarnishing of Daring Do has continually haunted me because of people always classifying it as “official”, and the more that reminder kept coming back to me the more I keep thinking that making the series into fanfics would not help to “officially” build on the incompleteness the story of “Daring Doubt” seemed to have. I didn’t think making the stories into fanfics would make things better at all nor help make a difference in this world. Most of all, I hardly think I would get any inner peace if I made the series into fan fictions.

I know you personally said this to me before, but I am still concerned that you keep letting that scene emotionally cripple you. This entire website is for us fanfic writers to fix the mistakes the actual payed script writers of the show failed to avoid in the actual show. It's one of the reasons FIMfiction is really beneficial in fact. I don't know what else to tell you, man. You remember the advice I gave to you?

So you’re not doing Heroes of History?

A Man Undercover
Group Admin

Oh no, that’s still on my to-do list. As a matter of fact, putting the story’s sequels out of the way opens up more opportunity for me to get started on the series.

A Man Undercover
Group Admin

I remember. As I’ve said, though, making the series into fanfics is something that I believe would openly undermine the potential of it. I want to take things to the next level in life and move up in the world.

Besides that, cancelling the sequels for posting here leaves more room for me to focus on other stories that I’ll be glad to make into fanfics.

Well that's a shame but I wish you good luck on the series.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6