Smolcellus (Smolder x Ocellus) 139 members · 143 stories
Comments ( 16 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 16
WorkNLurk
Group Admin

Pretty much the same story as jowijo, I'm bored, don't write, and am not on here a whole lot. This group needs someone who will be here for longer than a year.

Looking for someone who writes, is more active, and won't leave after a year lol.

I would do it but I'm not quite sure I'd be a very good group Admin

What does a group admin do? What are the responsibilities? What sort of time sink is involved?

WorkNLurk
Group Admin

You'd likely be better than me lol

From my experience, not much. It was really a figurehead lol. As per jowijo's words to me when I came around:

As for what it entails? Not much of anything, given how small this group is. You just now have admin permissions and can move/remove stories at your leisure.

It's up to you how much work you want to put into this thing. I've grown disinterested in MLP for a while now and I'd rather give this group to someone to who still has fun and writes stories.

Heh...still, it's a lot of pressure

If this would have been made years ago and asked I would have but as is, my own time here is dwindling too. I'd rather write what few stories I can and move on with this shipping

WorkNLurk
Group Admin

It may be just me, but if there would have been a spin-off with the Student Six, I probably would have stayed longer. But that idea doesn't make any money so that would never happen lol. But yeah, I agree. If we don't enjoy this as much as we used to, why spend extra time here?

Comment posted by Kkat deleted Aug 16th, 2021

I cannot foresee being active as an admin in any fashion. Despite having recently written a Smocellus story, I am not active on the site. But I believe in this ship enough that I would rather take up the position -- even if it meant being an absentee admin -- than see the group dissolve.

paperhearts
Group Admin

Came here to basically say what Kkat has already said. Might pick up my activity here with the occasional ficlet for this ship as and when real life and other writing commitment allows, or maybe could try and generate interest for a contest or something (though I can't help but feel that site activity has generally moved past the point where a contest for a relatively inactive group/minor* pairing would pick up much interest). Probably would have the time to facilitate a fic spotlight thread/promotion too or cross-media features, if that sounds half-decent.

*for want of a better word

WorkNLurk
Group Admin

Apologies. I have been spacing this. I'll get back on this.

WorkNLurk
Group Admin

And with much deliberation on my part, weighing numerous options and whatnot, I have picked my successor.

And this user is.... (drum roll)

paperhearts!

Honestly, there isn't much you need to do. Have fun and don't read anything into it (I'm sorry, I had to lol).

paperhearts
Group Admin

Honestly, there isn't much you need to do. Have fun and don't read anything into it (I'm sorry, I had to lol).

:rainbowlaugh:

Thanks again for the consideration. I'll do my best to be (pro)active surrogate owner!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 16