Original Pairings 480 members · 678 stories
Comments ( 40 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 40

Given that I usually don't do a contest entry until the last minute anyway, this might work out okay for me. And I think I already have a combo in mind...

*Double checks that no one has done it before*

*No one has done it before*

Excellent! :rainbowdetermined2:

Sounds fun.

I'm thinking of a Flitter and Minuette stor... Wait! Nooooooo!

7401473 If it wasn't for the tight deadline, I might have been able to come up with something, however I'm not too sure as of right now.

A week-long speedwrite? I can get behind trying that.

One question for absolute clarification: not a shipping contest? Pairings can be platonic friends, mentors, and coworkers?

Got two characters in mind. They only have two stories on site where they feature in the same fic as tags, so a pretty rare pair.

I might be able to come up with something. We'll see.

I have a question similar to 7401532. I'm a new member to the group so I don't know if they have to be romantic or plutonic. Also, does it have to be a "healthy" relationship, so to speak?

Thanks for clarifying! :pinkiehappy:

7401473 I think the ship I'm going for will probably be okay (that being Ahuizotl and Mane-iac), considering that there is only one other fic on FiMFiction (that I know of) that has it... and I was the one who wrote that story.

So another one should be fine. The fact that this isn't a more common ship just seems off to me.

7401473 So one thing has occurred to me, that might actually disqualify me from this contest. While I am working on this story and writing more for it, it should be noted that I have in the past written segments as idea fodder for a story involving the Mane-iac x Ahuizotl ship, segments that have just been sitting around growing dust. So I wanted to check and see if it was okay for me to use these unpublish segments or if that is a violation of the rules (even if I am editing them and just sowing them into a new narrative. If it is, I apologize. :fluttershysad:

7402561 Okay. I will say that not ALL of it is stuff I've already written. Just a few scenes here and there. A decent chunk of it will be completely original since I started writing for this contest.

Also I have to go back and edit those scenes, just to make sure they fit with the new narrative I've been working on.

Well, this is interesting. I might just give it a shot.

See if I can churn out at least a thousand words before deadline and get it pre-read!

Can we enter more than once...? Not saying I will, but I've done crazier things... In this very group no less.

Well, I don't know if this is good or not, but the story that I'm working on so far has 2 chapters with the 3rd (and hopefully last) being worked on. :twilightsheepish:

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

How many entries are enough entries? Just curious

Welp, looks like I should have looked at Rarity and Maud stories before I wrote my story for this, lol.

Well best of luck all! My second thought never got off the ground. We could do a "New year new pair" one to give me more give... :D

Alright, managed to get an entry in before the buzzer. Of course, since I'm the one fronting the prize money, I suppose I don't really have much to 'win' exactly. Regardless, I always enjoy writing contests and I'm pretty happy with how my story came out.

Looks like I'm going to make it! (Just barely, and only because the contest ends at midnight PST instead of EST) :rainbowderp:

The story has been submitted. I'm just waiting on it to make it though the queue.

This was the first time I wrote something in less than 24 hours. Still can't believe I did it in time! :pinkiegasp:

Later today, huh? Wow, you don't mess around when it comes to judging. Anyway, whatever the results, just want to say thanks for hosting this contest.

And I only noticed this the day after submissions closed. :rainbowlaugh: Ah well; I can still see if the prompt takes me anywhere.

Nope! Ah well, I'll save the idea for a better time.

My potential submission:

Kept growing larger and shifting focus as I worked on it this week, so I'm thinking it'll eventually appear on my AugieDog account as something substantially different from my first thought of "Hey, I'll bet Ocellus and Pony Joe have never shared a story"...

Mike

Sadly I don't think that I'll be able to make it. Due to stuff happening in my personal life, my brain juices just aren't working. :fluttershysad:

Well, that was fun. Even if I had to really rush the ending.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 40