Fi(L)mFiction 146 members · 47 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4

Well, the first season of the promising show The Owl House is one week concluded. It was fun, despite its flaws. I could forgive the plot-holes I could drive my beet harvester through,

I want...!

but the last two episodes would've been better shown as four. Too many loose ends left flying in the wind--in ways not at all satisfying--and too many things not covered (hey, I'm textin' my mum from another dimension--and I'm definitely not at camp--but I'm never going to think about all that for the entire season, how that's going unnoticed). Lots of corners were cut, especially from the "prom" episode on. Maybe it's silly to be so critical of a cartoon meant for people two decades younger than me, but other cartoons in the last decade have really impressed me with their quality. I think we all take these shows a little to seriously, but Hell, it's something we enjoy! I mean... Gravity Falls will be pretty hard to top.

Maybe the COVID crap through a wrench into things... like it has with most things, and it simply hurt production closer to the end of the season's episodes. Looking forward to the next season.

When Amphibia and The Owl House premiered--fairly close to each other in time--I loved the premise of TOH. It had the magic slant going for it, more relatable (more "humanoid") characters, and the seriously crazy "new world" in which the protagonist found herself. Both have great protagonists. Amphibia had only the "new world" thing really going for it, it seemed too much like Star vs. for my tastes (I felt SV was too episodic--to the point of disjointed, especially early on), but it improved greatly on SV in most departments, while relying heavily on the really good and funny humor that created the most appeal in SV for me.

Amphibia just seemed to do things right. It's episodic but flows as a whole, it's funny as Hell when it seeks to be, I never felt cheated by some of the loose ends never being tied up, as the subjects were satisfactorily closed until they eventually resurface, and this. 👇

7322559 I'm actually working on an Amphibia story at the moment

Plenty to do in that universe.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4