E.R.A 378 members · 339 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12
A Man Undercover
Group Admin

For quite some time, an idea for a story centering on Discord, which would take place after "The Ending of the End" and before "The Last Problem" has been lodging itself in my head. I know what kind of story I want to make, but there are some things that I haven't exactly figured out yet.

In the story, Discord becomes distraught with guilt over the Grogar-scenario. Along with hearing a number of criticisms from various Equestrians outside of his friends, he begins to question why he was ever given the chance to be reformed in the first place and becomes doubtful that he’d ever do more good than bad because of the mistakes he made before. So, he decides to leave Equestria and isolate himself from his friends forever, believing that they would be better off without him. However, trouble arises while he’s away, and it’s something that only he can fix, which would prompt the Main Six, Celestia, and Luna to go search for him. Perhaps even just Celestia and Luna. Or them, Twilight, and Fluttershy.

I was hoping to make Discord a story about self-worth and purpose, as well as one where’s he faced with an ultimate test as a reformed villain. I haven’t exactly figured out what the test would be, though. Or what the arising danger is.

That’s why I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask you guys.

What do you all think Discord’s ultimate test and the arising danger should be?

I think its a good idea because the show forgiveness is too empathy with friends. And for the arising danger, I got an idea but... I don't if it anyone would like it Unless you would like to hear it

Perhaps this danger could be another reality-warping villain like Bill Cipher or Aku. It could remind the residents of Equestria just how dangerous Discord could be if he had no ethics or good intentions whatsoever.

A Man Undercover
Group Admin

I’d love to hear what your idea is.

Okay, as Discord is living his isolation because of his actions. The Chaos magic that Discord wields will act on its own because its chaos and create a new Draconequus, one that's young, chaotic and will not give in to Friendship. He or she (depending on who wants a female Draconequus) declares himself or herself as the new Lord of Chaos as Discord stepped down and shirk his responsibility in spreading chaos. Anarchic (the new Draconequus) said to the Ailcorns that Chaos is not suppose to be on the side of good nor evil, its neutral but their Magic of friendship corruption ruin that balance between order and chaos and Anarchic exist to restore the Chaos Discord ruined by combing chaos with friendship. The more friendship there is in Equestria, the more chaos is created and villains who were beaten by it, gain some resistance to it. He or she mocked them as he or she disappear to a place they can never catch him or her. Not telling to give the idea some suspense and tell me, what do you think of the idea?

A Man Undercover
Group Admin

I love your idea. It’s a perfect representation of what Discord once was before he reformed and friendship was extended to him.

Here's a question I feel should be addressed. What if by some cosmic fate, Discord actually does more harm than good, by his very nature? He's not evil, he tries his best, but he can't keep from making things worse. Does that make him a bad person? Does that mean he doesn't deserve friends? What DOES it mean?

Maybe what drives him away is a discovery about himself that his powers and ideas by their nature cause problems and can't be overcome by just trying harder. That would give him a pretty good reason to think they're better off without him, but it would raise questions that would be hard to answer.

Thanks and what do you think, male or female Dragonequus?

A Man Undercover
Group Admin

Funny thing.

I had often considered using the character of Cosmos from the comic arc of the same name, as I felt that she had a great amount of potential but was wasted due to terrible storytelling and for just being put in a comic book. The only problem is that I’m not sure how she’d fit in the story.

A Man Undercover
Group Admin

Interesting idea. That’s actually something I was thinking about addressing.

Even before Seasons 8 & 9 came, it’s been shown that he has a hard time expressing or controlling his emotions without getting out of control as a chaos creature, and there were times where he would try to help his friends, even in the most unusual of ways, but only made things worse in the process.

I agree, Cosmos did had so much potential and her obsession for Discord as his Ex-girlfriend but the comic did give a poorly storytelling and I can’t see how she will fit.

And the whole "retcon" it did to one of the Royal Sisters' greatest achievements really did not help..

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12