Accusation Fic Discussion 149 members · 1,561 stories
Comments ( 14 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 14
Humanity
Group Admin

I know I’m jumping the gun here since only the synopsis has been revealed, but this is an invitation to discuss the apocalyptic implications of how this final season is going to end.

Celestia and Luna officially retire and grant supreme authority of Equestria to Twilight Sparkle despite her history of unstable, unqualified, and inexperienced behavior.

I’m not making this up. I wish I was.

If it makes you feel any better, this was the plan from the very beginning.

Humanity
Group Admin

The plan was also to do so with only Celestia being in charge and with her being a goddess. And it was ultimately scrapped for good reason. Either way, it’s not a good idea no matter how you slice it. Becoming a goddess and destroying any relatability to the character, or becoming a supreme sovereign after years of character decay. The outcome is undesirable on both sides of the coin. An unambiguous downer ending when you read between the lines.

Oh, no, it's not a good idea. I think it's kind of inevitable, though. They have to cap it off with some kind of Crowning Moment of (alleged) Awesome. It's not great, but the rules of storytelling demand it. They really should have prepped for it better by having Twilight show that she can do the job, but it's too late now. Ah, well.

D48
D48 #6 · Mar 15th, 2019 · · 1 ·

6794373 6794380 Yeah, I think Faust probably had a better idea of how to get there without it being horribly stupid, or, barring that, had the sense to scrap it if it wasn't working out. Of course, she's long gone as is the quality storytelling she brought to the table so it's a moot point now.

The one thing that I do have to wonder about is if this train wreck would alter her plans for a reboot if she got control again because I can definitely see her wanting to distance herself from what that hack McCarthy and the rest of the idiots did to her baby.

WOW, this is really how the show will end, NOT on a BANG but on a WHIMPER.

So much for my hopes of the last season returning to it's roots. Here's hoping G5 will be good.

D48
D48 #9 · Mar 16th, 2019 · · 1 ·

The G5 leaks already confirmed that won't be the case since we learned McCarthy is so delusional she thinks the current disaster is good and intends to "plus up" the current shitstorm.

I don't know, the leaks didn't seems so bad to me, but we will have to wait and see.

D48
D48 #11 · Mar 16th, 2019 · · 1 ·

You must have missed the leaked communications then. Some of the pictures looked great and I really liked the idea of making Twilight an earth pony because that would have cleaned up the issues with her magic in seasons 1 and 2, but once I found out about the mindset going into G5....:pinkiesick:

Humanity
Group Admin

Now, when taking into account absolutely everything that has built the show up to this point, what are some chief accusations one could throw here? At both Twilight and the royal sisters.

D48

The show should have ended when Faust got the boot?

At the royal sisters, that two immortal rulers retire after only a decade of reign during which they did a terrible job at protecting Equestria.
At Twilight, that only 1/6 of the reason that Equestria still exists got promoted to Alicorn status for completely arbitrary reasons, then did nothing to show that she's capable of that position and now gets to rule on her own without any experience.

Hopefully the series finale will show the long overdue revolution and birth of the First Equestrian Republic.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 14