Accusation Fic Discussion 149 members · 1,561 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9

Recently, I had a comment deleted from a forum thread from the Accusation Fic Collection in regards the School of Friendship. The reason? Because I dared to criticize Alphamon's favorite character, Starlight Glimmer, or in his words, "This simply meant to point out flaws or errors, not encourage character assassination."

I'm sorry, but how is me pointing out things she actually did in the show, such as encouraging Twilight to disregard the rules set by the EEA, or straight up attacking Discord over schoolyard taunts, "character assassination?"

Just as a reminder, here are some things she did in the show, POST reformation:

- "No Second Prances": She magically forces Big Mac to speak to make him more talkative, without his consent, and with no way for him to stop, and then later skips out on an important dinner that she knew Twilight had been preparing for a while now, without telling anyone.

- "Every Little Thing She Does": she LITERALLY brainwashes Twilight's friends.

- "Royal Problem": She swaps the princesses' cutie marks without their consent, without any regard for how this would affect them or the way they run the country.

- "To Change A Changeling": She set a monster on the Changeling Hive, and endangered everyone's lives, something Thorax actually points out at the end of the episode.

- "Uncommon Bond": She age regresses Starburst without his consent, instead of, you know, asking him what he likes and seeing if they have anything in common.

And of course, there's her actions from Season 8 as mentioned above.

This is not character assassination. This is not baseless hatred. It has been three seasons, and Starlight has not changed at all. Her impulsiveness and inability to think through the consequences of her actions is not an adorable quirk of her character. It's annoying at best, and destructive at worst.

And I know I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Fanboys only want to see and hear what they want, not the truth.

Alphamon is one of the biggest hypocrites in this fandom, but as much as I could bash on that man child, lets not make this a harassment thread.

Starlight is easily the most criticised character in the show, because since she was reformed there hasn't been one episode where she hadn't done something wrong.

You forgot "The Road to Friendship."

Relatively speaking, of course.

….. Oh, that's right. I forgot about that one. Starlight sells Trixie's wagon - her house - without asking her first.

D48
D48 #7 · Dec 8th, 2018 · · 2 ·

And that kind of behavior is what's killing the show, although it goes far beyond Starlight. Things have been going downhill since Faust got the boot, and these kinds of attacks in response to legitimate criticism have been a serious problem in the fandom since Twilight's refit.

Humanity
Group Admin

Let’s keep criticism of actual people on the site to a minimum please.

Comment posted by Vigriff deleted Dec 8th, 2018
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9