The Disney Chronicles 134 members · 5 stories
Comments ( 178 )
  • Viewing 151 - 200 of 178
Dramamaster829
Group Admin

I will admit I'm glad this creature is instinct. Looks like something out of a horror movie and definitely comes off as a carnivore. Granted, there are still existing carnivores likely more dangerous than this beasty but this one's a huge one.

Dinodisneylover1
Group Admin

It's also a shark-eater.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

And probably that’s a reason for fans to truly stay out of the water. That’s a movie I would watch more than the Meg movies… hell, while on subject, more so than that Mickey Mouse horror movie.

Dinodisneylover1
Group Admin

Despite those two movies, the Megalodon is still a very interesting creature.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Yeah, I'll admit it... the shark is not bad. Better than those sci-fi movies I'll tell you that much. Those B-Rated horror movies just can't give us a good giant shark. Not to say not 'all' of them, but still.

Dinodisneylover1
Group Admin

Octavia Melody
First appearance: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - The Best Night Ever

An Earth pony cello player.

Part of a four-pony musical ensemble, Octavia can be seen performing in Ponyville's most sophisticated celebrations. Despite her classy nature, she's a patient and kind mare who is not easily fazed and who will look past differences when it comes to making friends. Speaking of which, she is best friends with dubstep musician DJ Pon-3 with whom she shares a house despite their music styles.

When she had trouble finding inspiration for her music during preparations for a concert, she decided to ask Twilight for help only to get more than she and DJ Pon-3 bargained for. During the adventures of Twilight and her friends, Octavia managed to gain some inspiration thanks to her visit to the Symphony of Sorcery which is where she also saved her friends by ringing the church bell in order to beat the demon Chernabog.

One of my favorite earth pony background characters.

She's certainly been through a lot in that story. If not for her, Chernabog would have won.

Wildcard25
Group Contributor

Another voiceless pony the fans always pointed out in past seasons before season five where they gave her a real voice and proved she may be a classical music pony, but she's not overly sophisticated like the many uptight ponies of Canterlot

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

This latest project was a chance for some pony like Octavia to shine in the spotlight. Maybe we won't be seeing her in any other future stories, except a select few, but she did make quite an impact.

Dang. Almost overlooked these here. I like the KH style format with these. I do kind of wish for the games in particular that Jimminy put a little more of his personality into his writings, but they do still serve their purpose all the same. I admit~ I did peek at the spoiler tags on coming stuff and while I did see some interesting stuff I ain't saying nothing. ^^;

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

It can be easy to miss on occasion. I mean yes there could've been some further orchestration on the personality scale, but these are still informative articles just the same. Sort of a recap not just of the Disney Characters we know, but the guest stars and cast who are newly featured in these stories.

Dinodisneylover1
Group Admin

Humbert
First appearance: Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (1937)

A skilled huntsman and servant of the Evil Queen.

At first sight, Humbert may seem rough and dangerous. But appearances can be deceiving, he's a kind and honorable man who's merely doing his job.

When the Queen summoned him to the castle, she gave him the task to take the newcomers, especially Snow White, to a secluded glade in the forest and eventually kill them. The huntsman tried to object. But the Queen threatened him with a terrible punishment, giving him no other choice but to obey her. He is given a box to put Snow White's heart as proof of her being dead and was send on his way.

Once at the glade, Humbert made sure no one else was around and advanced on Fluttershy and the young princess first. The two noticed him the moment he was about to strike. But his good heart shone through and dropped his dagger, refusing to kill someone so pure as he begged for forgiveness. To say everyone was upset is an understatement, but eventually Humbert explained the entire situation and gave them the chance to escape the Queen's jealousy. In an attempt to fool the Queen, he placed a pig's heart in the box. After Snow White and her equien friends fled into the woods, he hasn't been seen or heard from since...at least not for a while.

Wildcard25
Group Contributor

I too wonder what became of him since the Queen had no time to punish him for his betrayal

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Well, given it is a Disney movie after all, there are certain things from the book they'd never show. But one minute he makes a big sacrifice to save a young girl's life and then he just disappears, never to be seen or heard from again. If it weren't for him, Snow White wouldn't be alive.

Comment posted by Dinodisneylover1 deleted April 7th
Dinodisneylover1
Group Admin

Pinocchio
First appearance: Pinocchio (1940)

A wooden puppet animated by magic.

He was crafted by Geppetto, who wished to have a son, the Blue Fairy answered by bringing life into the puppet. But only by learning courage, kindness and honesty, he can prove he's worthy to be a real boy. I, of course, became his conscience to keep him out of trouble.

Pinocchio is a curious, yet gullible child. Because he has no sense of what's right and wrong, he's an easy pawn in the schemes of villains and deceivers. Such was the case when he got tricked into not going to school to became an actor and again by going to Pleasure Island. Even his nose grows every time he lies. He'd have lost his heart to the darkness if me and the Equestrians hadn't come to the rescue. Despite everything, he's a brave, selfless and honest boy who tries to be good and learns from his mistakes in the end. He proved that after saving his father and the rest from the belly of Monstro which ultimately turned him into a real boy.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

The kid may be flawed, but he's always had a good heart. People think that he doesn't 'learn' from the mistakes he made, but I believe he's a lot more intuitive than we believe. Like referencing to being tricked into becoming an actor, he initially set himself to go to school and initially he wasn't planning to go to Pleasure Island. But that fox and his feline companion were so insistent.

It’s a good thing they made his character this way for the Disney film rather than how Collodi wrote him.

Dinodisneylover1
Group Admin

Yeah. I've read they originally were planning to keep his personality like in Collodi's book, but Walt didn't like it. He said he wouldn't be likeable for the audience if they did that.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Something tells me we may get a Pinocchio as personalized from the book, but in a more sadistic sense for that upcoming 'Pinocchio' horror feature.

Dinodisneylover1
Group Admin

Pinocchio

Ponyville prepares itself for the Star Gaze Festival. While going to Princess Luna to discuss the preparations, Twilight learns a new side from the Alicorn of the Night after she tells about a star that make wishes come true.

At Sweet Apple Acres, Applejack told her family everything about the Book of Disney and their first adventure. Little Apple Bloom was eager to join her big sister and her friends on one of her new adventures only to be warned about the dangers. After a small discussion, Applejack decided to bring her little sister along anyway who even decided to ask her dancing friend, Tender Taps, to join them.

Once everypony gathered at the Castle of Friendship, the Book send them to a beautiful little alpine village. There, they decided to spend the night in a workshop owned by the gentle woodcarver Geppetto. As they entered the house without being noticed by anyone, except me, they looked around and took an immediate interest in his latest creation, a marionette named Pinocchio. Geppetto was so fond of him that he wished upon the Wishing Star for Pinocchio to be a real boy.

To everyone's surprise, his wish was immediately answered by the Blue Fairy who gave the puppet life with a tap of her wand. She informs him that in order to be a real boy, he must prove himself brave, truthful and unselfish and learn the difference between right and wrong. That's when I came in. Not only became I acquainted with Pinocchio, Twilight and her friends, but I also was dubbed Pinoke's conscience by the Blue Fairy herself before she left in a flash of light.

While interacting with Pinocchio and my new friends, Geppetto woke up. He was completely astonished and overjoyed that his 'son' is alive, and even more to see talking ponies and a dragon in his store. After a little party, the woodcarver allowed Twilight and the others to stay and took Pinocchio to bed.

The next morning, Geppetto sends an excited Pinocchio to school along with Apple Bloom and Tender Taps. Of course, me and the others overslept and had to catch up with him. However, instead of going to school like they're supposed to, we found them strolling through the streets with a fox named Honest John and a cat named Gideon who intend to sell them as actors. We tried to explain not to give into temptation, only to be ignored.

By following them to the caravan of the puppet master Stromboli, we decided to watch their performance. Despite me and Applejack's disappointment of their tomfoolery, the public actually loved the new star attractions.

Discussing the children's success during dinner, we decided to go Stromboli's caravan, that was about to leave, to say goodbye if they wish to be actors. But soon, we've learned that Stromboli is not as nice as he seems. He locked Pinocchio, Apple Bloom and Tender Taps in a birdcage so he can earn more money with them.

As we tried to free them, The Blue Fairy appeared again, asking the children why they didn't go to school. Pinocchio told lie after lie to hide his shame, only for his nose to grow longer which didn't sit right with Applejack. The Fairy knew that he wasn't telling the truth by saying that a lie keeps growing "until it's as plain as the nose on your face". Eventually Pinocchio and the foals learned their lesson, promising to never lie again and do good. The Fairy granted everyone a second chance, freed the children from the cage and we all snuck out the caravan without Stromboli noticing.

Once back at the village, we made our way to Geppetto's house until Pinocchio and the foals encountered Honest John and Gideon again. Going after them for the second time, we saw them entering a stagecoach filled with many boys. After dealing with the two con artists, we've been told the coach goes to a fairground-like isle called Pleasure Island where children can do whatever they want without any supervision or rules.

Having a bad feeling about this island, we looked as fast as we could for Pinocchio and the foals to get them out of there. But once we found them, we caught them playing pool with a bratty boy named Lampwick, who scoffs that they took orders from us. Angry that the children were friends with someone like him, Applejack and I decided to quit and leave the island.

As me and Applejack reached the doors despite Rainbow and Fluttershy's attempt to stop us, we found out the island's owner, The Coachman, had turned all the boys into donkeys so he can sell them for profit. Shocked by this discovery, we ran back to Pinocchio and the others who were already terrified watching a helpless Lampwick transform before their eyes.

Pinocchio, Apple Bloom and Tender Taps were about to be the next victims so we had to leave the island quick, but not before Twilight's decision to face the Coachman head on and set the boys free. After a tough battle against the Coachman and his minions, we finally left the island along with the other donkeys.

Once we reached town, the donkeys were magically turned back into boys, courtesy of the Blue Fairy. Even Lampwick seemed to be turning over a new leaf before we went back to Geppetto. Glad that we're finally home, we sadly noticed that the workshop was empty and Geppetto was gone.

Thanks to the Blue Fairy, we've learned that Geppetto went out looking for Pinocchio and got swallowed up by the whale Monstro who resides at the bottom of the sea. By travelling underwater, we found him before he swallowed us too.

Ending up in the belly of the whale, we reunited with Geppetto who was happy to see his 'son' and us again. The only problem left was to find a way out. Pinocchio felt bad about all the trouble who put everyone in, so he set off to find a way out of Monstro.

But the situation got worse due to a run-in with the three Dazzlings who found their way back to Equestria, as well as being in cahoots with the Coachman. They were using Pinocchio in order to get the Blue Fairy's attention and gain more power. As we chased them deeper into Monstro, the evil sirens used their powers to drain magic from Pinocchio, leaving him motionless. Was he done for? No way! He survived, and will remain strong as long as I do my duty as his conscience. With the power of friendship and music, Twilight and her friends beat the sirens out of Monstro, never to be seen again...I think.

With the previous danger passed, Pinocchio had a great idea: Why not force Monstro to spit us out? By making a big fire and preparing a small boat, the whale sneezed us out safely. Furious, he chased us in an attempt to destroy us.

When all seemed lost, we swam toward a cliff to escape as Monstro crashed into it. We all ended up safe and sound on the shore...except Pinocchio.

At Geppetto's home, we mourned for him. But for bravely saving his father's life among other things, he lived again and became a real boy. Of course, we were overjoyed. Pinocchio is a real boy, Geppetto has a son, and as for me, I became an official conscience.

Eventually, my new equine friends had to leave and say goodbye. But not before I decided to tag along to learn more about their world as well as other worlds, join them on many of their new adventures and writing a journal to keep track on everything that's happened so far.

MarioBrony
Group Contributor

one of Walt Disneys finest masterpieces, in terms of morals, animation, songs and more!
"When you wish upon a star"-still timeless, nearly 85 years on.

Dinodisneylover1
Group Admin

Princess Celestia
First appearance: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Friendship is Magic, Part 2

Princess of the day.

From within her shimmering castle in Canterlot, this beautiful and benevolent Alicorn pony rules over all of Equestria with a velvet hoof along with her younger sister Luna. She is responsible for raising and lowering the sun every day while Luna does the same with the moon, creating balance in the world.

When Twilight was enrolled in her School for Gifted Unicorns, Princess Celestia witnessed her magical abilities and made Twilight her personal student.

As Twilight's mentor, Princess Celestia taught her a lot about magic. But teaching her about friendship took a different approach by sending her to Ponyville to make some friends. After Nightmare Moon's defeat at the hands of Twilight and her friends, Celestia reunited with her younger sister and kept watch over Twilight who continues to impress her mentor with her unwavering belief in the Magic of Friendship time and time again. Her passion and positivity inspire the Alicorn to seek peaceful resolutions to Equestria's most troublesome issues.

Gracious, wise and kind, she's a very powerful Alicorn whom many say is over a THOUSAND years old and everypony looks up to her. Despite being royalty, she often encourages her subjects to relax through the use of jokes and gentle questions. With a personality that rivals a mother's, she loves all of her subjects and her protégée and inspires everypony to be their best in which she takes great pride. She also has a love for cake, likes the season fall and has, unknown to many, an irrational fear of chickens.

Though kindhearted, fun-loving and patient, Celestia has a serious side when it comes to threats and won't hesitate to keep her subjects safe. Even the day she had to send her own sister to the moon was a deep wound that took quite a long time to heal.

She learned a lot from Twilight's friendship experiences and now she gets to learn about the various new places her student and friends visit.

Dinodisneylover1
Group Admin

Elite Demons
First appearance: Fantasia/Night on Bald Mountain (1940)
Legendary origin: Various. Mostly Christian folklore, European and Greek mythology

The strongest of Chernabog's army.

Elite demons are tougher and more powerful than other demons, some of them even have special powers. Monstrosities like the Minotaur, half man and half bull, have terrifying strength. Certain animalistic demons either have immense speed, sharp claws, a gut filled with sharp teeth, breathe fire, acid or poisonous fumes. And skeletal beings usually have the talent for dark magic.

My only advice is be smart, avoid their attacks and try to find a weakness before they take you down instead.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

They sure were some of the toughest creatures that the Mane Six ever tackled. But fortunately, they held their own against these beasts.

Dinodisneylover1
Group Admin

Have you seen the previous entries?

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

I come back here and read every now and again. Honestly, I'm just waiting to see how this whole venture comes to an end.

• Viewing 151 - 200 of 178