The Disney Chronicles 134 members · 5 stories
Comments ( 178 )
  • Viewing 51 - 100 of 178
Dinodisneylover1
Group Admin

Stromboli
First appearance: Pinocchio (1940)

First Entry:
A puppeteer and showman who regularly performs in town.

Charm and flattery are the facade of this brute of a conman, and with a bad temper to boot, you better be careful. Money is his sole passion with his marionettes only being a means to an end and once they've grown too old to perform, he burns them for firewood.

Once Honest John and Gideon appeared at his doorstep and realises the potential of Pinocchio and the two school foals, he'll stop at nothing. Only kidnapping could ensure the little wooden and furry gold mine to keep performing for him or suffer the consequences whether they like it or not.

After Twilight and her friends saved the children, it remains unknown what happened to Stromboli after that.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Rarity is an enduring character in the series. Initially, I wasn't a big fan of her prima donna behavior and her tendencies of being overdramatic. But then we start to see more and more of her, seeing that there's more to her than being just the 'fashionista' though that's essentially mostly what she is. But we also see a woman who desperately wants to meet Mr. Right, but often has bad luck with love and how she manages her 'generous' self of hers while also acknowledging how folks can ultimately take advantage of it. And not to sound like a broken record, it's not usually a good 'business practice' to be so generous with your customers... particularly off a matter that you should be 'paid' to do.

If we thought the reputation of the foxes were bad in Disney, with one or more exceptions, Honest John certainly did not make it better. He's so theatrical, charming, and made it look easy to persuade a naive little boy character into pursuing acting or going to some island for fun and games (Though for the latter, Pinocchio did 'try' to get out of it... sort of). And he's one of the few antagonists not to get karma for their actions... which essentially I am pleased we acknowledged that for this series.

It's amazing how we 'almost' got a speaking role with this Gideon character and that it was never planned from the start to make him a silent role. But the only reason their actor was ultimately scrapped from offering more than just a sound effect was mainly because 'Dopey' was such a huge success as a silent star, they just 'had' to make Gideon just the same. It's like if you had an actor who played the silent role in the company's first movie and all of a sudden the head is like, 'From now on, you only need to portray silent roles from our movies provided you put your slapstick, expressions, and body motions to good use'. That's the vibe I got.

I am bummed knowing that Gideon will ultimately remain a silent role for the upcoming remake, I had it figured if they were going to remake the movie that certain 'changes' would be considered. But after comparing Ed's role in the original 'Lion King' with the role from the live action remake... yeah, maybe it was for the best to keep Gideon silent. Provided of course he is still funny.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Now this guy is definitely an interesting case. He was one of the few villains from this movie to be very popular amongst Disney, despite having as much of a short appearance as say 'The Coachman'. We never knew what happened to him any more than we know about the others. We don't know if he was shocked to discover that Pinocchio escaped somehow or if he was run out of town for not having the act that he promised (If word of his act got around the other countries)... or if he was forced to ultimately move on with his work just without his star attraction.

I nearly had it figured that while Honest John and Gideon were in jail after the ponies dealt with them and got the info out of them about Pinocchio (And their friends') whereabouts, they'd receive word that they have been given a visitor... and to their horror it's a returning Stromboli, who must have discovered where those two were. As we've seen in our rendition of the story, they've had some rough history.

Dinodisneylover1
Group Admin

Rainbow Dash
First appearance: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Friendship is Magic, Part 1

An athletic Pegasus pony with a passion to fly fast and one of Twilight's best friends.

She and four other ponies formed their friendship with Twilight after saving Equestria from Nightmare Moon.

Rainbow's from the city of Cloudsdale and often brags she's the best flier in Equestria. She's not exactly wrong. She flies much faster than any other Pegasus and amazes every pony with her speed and agility. Even as a young filly she was a fantastic flier, achieving what no other Pegasus had ever done before—the legendary Sonic Rainboom, which helped ber beat Fluttershy's bullies and gain her cutie mark as well as those of her future friends.

She helps with the weather and, recently, fulfilled her dream of being part of the Wonderbolts, Equestria's greatest fliers.

Rainbow is competitive, self-confident and lives for adventure. She also likes to pull pranks on others, sometimes along with Pinkie Pie. But her impatience and cocky attitude gets her into a lot of trouble and when her friends mention her moments of giving into her feminine side, she usually goes in denial. Nevertheless, she's a selfless pony being who always takes good care of those she loves.

With their newest adventure, Rainbow is always ready to take on the darkness in other worlds.

She represents the element of loyalty after giving up her own heart's desire for her friends.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Rainbow Dash has often been a mixed bag for me. Some episodes, she's cool and she really knows when to stand up her friends. But other times, she has a tendency of doing things before she 'thinks' and she doesn't often get the 'best' episodes (Like that 'horrible' cheerleader episode). Still, she's an enduring member of the team. She has her moments and when it matters she'll be there. She just seems to be a pony of 'habits' so to speak. Then again, some of her other friends are no better.

Dinodisneylover1
Group Admin

Those ponies , Shimmy Shake and Lighthoof, were pretty adorable.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

I will admit they were rather adorable. They take great pride in their hobby. And I dare say 'tentalizing' beauties.

Dinodisneylover1
Group Admin

Sleepy
First appearance: Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (1937)

One of seven dwarfs who live in a cottage deep in the woods.

Sleepy always looks ready to doze off, but he is a hard worker no matter what as well as the most observant and logical, whether he knows it or not.

Even though he's always tired, the company of his fellow dwarfs, Snow White and Applejack keep him awake most of the time.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

The poor dude definitely seems the type who seems to work himself to the point of exhaustion. The poor chap either doesn't get as much sleep as all the others or maybe that just comes to age. When you're not as energetic or motivated as your other brothers. Still, he 'was' the one who able to put it together that the reason the animals acted crazy around them was the possibility that the Queen had found Snow White and need their help. If there's another straight man amongst all the dwarfs, Sleepy is likely one of them.

Dinodisneylover1
Group Admin

Monstro

A giant monstrous sperm whale that lives at the bottom of the sea.

Many sailors wouldn't dare to travel on the ocean at the mere mention of his name. His mouth is so huge he can swallow up anything in sight.

Dinodisneylover1
Group Admin

Snow White

A lovely princess with a heart that's gentle and pure as snow.

So beautiful was Snow White that the Queen grew jealous and sought to end her life. But she was spared and began to live in a cottage deep in the woods with seven dwarfs. When the Queen managed to trick her with a poisoned apple, she fell into a deep sleep until she was woken by her beloved Prince.

Snow White has a very innocent personality due to her sheltered lifestyle and easily trusts people which could sometimes get her into trouble. Despite that, she can be firm and assertive when necessary. Her kindness and optimism have always kept her going through the hardest of trials.

She shares many similar traits with Fluttershy whom she has a special bond with and, like her, can communicate with animals especially with her singing voice.

Wildcard25
Group Contributor

And the first of many princesses the girls and Spike are set to encounter in their adventures inside the book

cheerful9
Group Contributor

She and Fluttershy definitely become good friends.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

The stuff of nightmares right here. Especially that ending scene when the whale desperately attempts to prevent Pinocchio and his father from escaping. Makes me wonder how the beast will look in the remake.

Ah yes... the first Disney princess of all time. May not be considered the highly popular Princess in the line-up, but she has a pretty catchy personality. While she's kind and sweet. she does know when to put her foot down. Like making it very clear to the Dwarves that if they don't wash up they don't eat.

Dinodisneylover1
Group Admin

Chronicle I

Twilight and Spike were preparing a slumber party for the night. But after a day of doing some extra groceries, Spike noticed a shooting star that ended up in the Castle of the Two Sisters.

By travelling through the Everfree Forest, Spike went inside the castle to find the star. But what he found instead was a mysterious book with a strange symbol.

As Twilight and her friends already started the party, Spike arrived with the book in his claws. Curious about this strange object, they tried to open it. But it won't let them, not without solving a puzzle which they had to solve together. They succeeded and, as a reward, gained the key to unlock the book.

After reading a note, it was revealed to be a storybook. While they read, a magic portal came out of the book that pulled them inside, sending them somewhere far away from their homeland.

It wasn't until later that Starlight Glimmer arrived to enjoy the party, only to notice her friends have disappeared. After searching the entire castle, she, too, found the magic storybook. Reading it as well, the portal opened once more, sucking her in and bringing her to the same place as her friends.

At a sudden moment, every pony came out of the book. The adventure was an entirely new, yet exciting, experience. They decided to tell Princess Celestia and Luna all about it. Both surprised and intrigued, they'd love to hear more about it as well as receiving new letters about lessons Twilight learned from that new world.

And so their newest journey began.

In the course of time, they used the book to travel to many different worlds whenever it calls for their attention or help. Sometimes ponies and creatures with problems of their own, whether they're relative, best friend or acquaintance, joined along with the heroes.

That's also where I came in. I, too, join along on their adventures, or most of them, while I explore and learn more of their world while writing a journal about everything they're experiencing in those unknown places.

What a marvelous experience, so much beauty to spot.

It sure is lovely.

Hoo-wee! This new journey makes me shake in excitement like a rattlesnake in the afternoon sun.

Totally awesome! Worlds, here comes Rainbow Dash!

I'm so excited! Are you excited?! AAAHHH, I CAN'T HOLD IT MUCH LONGER!!!

Looks like we have a new task. I'm glad I get to tag along with the girls this time and be a part of it.

This is a unique opportunity. I hope whatever the future brings is gonna be amazing.

Dinodisneylover1
Group Admin

Dwarf Woodlands

Snow White's world is an ancient Germanic kingdom surrounded by a mysterious forest. Over the seven jewelled hills, beyond the seven falls, live the seven dwarfs who own a mine somewhere in the mountains. The forest itself is beautiful and peaceful, but can sometimes turn hostile and scary. Whether it's the figment of a person's imagination, or an enchantment that evil trees are in the darker parts, isn't always certain. There is another kingdom that belonged to the parents of the Prince faraway.

The kingdom was once ruled by a just king and his fair queen who longed to have a daughter. One wintery night, their wish was fulfilled. The queen gave birth to a beautiful baby girl with lips red as roses, hair black as ebony and a skin white as the blanket of snow that covered the entire kingdom. That's why they called her 'Snow White'. But one day, the queen became ill and passed away. The king married another woman and, not much later, he too became ill and passed away.

The poor girl was left all on her own with her wicked stepmother, Queen Grimhilde, who neglected both the country and her subjects and who only had one goal in life: being beautiful forever.

Dinodisneylover1
Group Admin

Starlight Glimmer
First appearance: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - The Cutie Map, Part 1

A unicorn pony who learned the true meaning of friendship.

Starlight's past hasn't been a kind one to her. Originating from the town of Sire's Hollow, she spent many of her childhood years with her best friend, Sunburst. When Sunburst saved her during a game, he earned his cutie mark and left town. Starlight was left all alone without a friend.

Since that day, she turned bitter and believed cutie marks do nothing but ruin friendships. She established a town somewhere in Equestria, convincing ponies that the only way to be happy and make friends is to be equal. She used a stick called the Staff of Sameness, that is actually her own magic, to remove the cutie marks of those ponies and replace them with an equal sign. In the course of time, more ponies joined to live in her village.

But that wouldn't last. When Twilight and her friends were send by the castle map, they already sensed something strange about the town. Seeing this as an opportunity to spread her message, she tried to convince them as well but to no avail. Then she forced their cutie marks out of their bodies, trapping them in the village while trying to brainwash them.

Finally, they managed a plan to unmask her...with success. Once the ponies saw her own cutie mark, they rebelled against her and took their cutie marks back from the vault. Starlight wasn't gonna go down that easy and took the cutie marks of Twilight and her friends with her. The ponies of the town caught her before she could escape, freeing the cutie marks. When Twilight tried to reason with her, she refused to listen and ran away.

Angered by all this, Starlight planned her revenge while stalking Twilight. She managed to get a time spell that was created by Star Swirl the Bearded from the Canterlot archives and use it to travel back in time to stop Rainbow's sonic rainboom, preventing Twilight's friends' special cutie mark bond, creating alternate futures in the process.

After a hard battle, neither Twilight or Starlight would give up. She kept trying to reason by showing her the consequences. The unicorn refused to believe it and told her own story before threatening to rip the spell. With one last talk about friendship, Starlight realised the error of her ways.

Instead of punishing her, Twilight and her friends decided to teach her everything they know about friendship.

She proved herself by making lots of apologies, making new friends, reacquainting with Sunburst and even saving Twilight, her friends and the princesses from the evil Changeling queen, Chrysalis.

Compared to before, she has become a whole new pony. More confident in herself. Sometimes timid and easily unnerved and using a bit of sarcasm in her words. And with a love for kites and just as talented in magic as Twilight, she became an even better friend than you can imagine.

Getting sucked by the Book of Disney and witnessing the Evil Queen's horrifying transformation has left her traumatized.

You got Starlight down to a T.

Brerdaniel
Group Admin

Yeah. But I’m sure Starlight will join Twilight and her friends again in their next big Disney adventure.

Dinodisneylover1
Group Admin

Prince Florian

The prince of a neighboring kingdom.

He met both the ponies and Snow White after her beautiful singing drew him into the castle.

Unable to forget her, he returned to the castle later, only to find Starlight locked up in the dungeon. Through her, he learned about the Queen's evil intentions. By freeing the unicorn, they both went out to search Snow White and their friends.

They found them deep in the forest with the princess lying in a glass coffin, believing they were too late. With love's first kiss, however, he was able to wake her.

The Prince is kind, charming, romantic and enjoys contact with animals as much as Snow White. And with a magnificent singing voice, it's no wonder she easily fell for him.

Dinodisneylover1
Group Admin

Pinkie Pie
Full name: Pinkamena Diane Pie
First appearance: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Friendship is Magic, Part 1

An Earth pony who wants to make everyone smile and one of Twilight's best friends.

She and four other ponies formed their friendship with Twilight after saving Equestria from Nightmare Moon.

To say this pony marches to the beat of her own drum is certainly an understatement. Being bubbly, playful, energetic and a total chatterbox, it's not unusual to find her bouncing on the streets of Ponyville.

Being born and raised on a rock farm isn't exactly fun and games, but witnessing Rainbow's sonic rainboom changed her life forever. Leaving the farm to live in Ponyville, she wants to make ponies laugh and throw the best parties. She now lives and works at Sugarcube Corner to help the Cake family while babysitting their twins.

There isn't a pony or creature in town who hasn't been the victim of her unpredictable silly nature and sneak-attack surprise parties with the use of her party cannon. Every pony also pays special attention to her 'Pinkie sense' which predicts certain events in the near future. She also takes her 'Pinkie Promises' very seriously. And despite loving sweets, from which she surprisingly doesn't gain weight, her friends are a blessing to her in life who make sure her insecurity doesn't get the best of her.

Pinkie can hardly wait to meet new friends in other worlds.

She represents the element of laughter after laughing in the face of danger during their travel through the Everfree Forest.

MarioBrony
Group Contributor

I see a lot of myself in her.

Dinodisneylover1
Group Admin

Bashful

True to his name, Bashful is very shy, coy and will turn red if you so much as say hello. He's also a romantic and has a bit of a crush on Snow White.

With either Snow White or Fluttershy in his presence, it's hard for him to hide his blushing.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Oh yes, this is a marvelous presentation of Equestria as a Kingdom Hearts image. And yes, from this moment on... the ponies would be in for the adventures of their lives.

It took me a while to realize that this story alone actually did take place in Germany. Which is unique because on my mother's side of the family, we came from Germany. And it's very appropriate to start this series with basically the one feature that started the line-up of Animation Studios movies still to come afterwards. And for a first edition, albeit some slight details could've been improved, it was a satisfying read.

Starlight Glimmer really grew on me as a character during the series. Most fans thought she was better off as a villain rather than a sympathetic protagonist after her one major season, but in a way I saw a bit of myself in that character. True, what she did to ruin Twilight's future and breaking ties with her friends was a slight overkill. But when we think of the few reasons why she did it, how she had that one best friend in her life who pretty much ding-dong ditched her after suddenly gaining his cutie mark and not once sending her a note to let her know how he's been doing at school in a way it reminded me of how bad I felt when most of my friends took off to focus on their own lives and acted as though I was always more of an afterthought than a friend. Which is also why I always easily shipped Starlight with Trixie rather than the whole 'Starburst' pairing with Sunburst, because let's face it... he's smart, but 'GOD' he is so clueless to Starlight's feelings.

As for Starlight's use in this series, in all honesty when she finally appears she kind of felt like a last minute edition just to add some banter between a pony and a villain. Maybe if she were built up a slight 'earlier' during the story like how Spike ran into Starlight who happened to have a sack of gems after spending some time in the mines helping out Maud and then informing him she'll try to make it to the party soon as she finishes one last show with Trixie... this is just me nitpicking but I always felt that would prove that her appearance would be more important later down the road. I just hope we 'do' get other opportunities to see her usage in the series and if the initial first adventure still left any lasting scars.

What I appreciated most from this rendition of the series is how we were able to take a Prince with very little character and then expanding upon him to make him a slight more interesting than what we got in the movie. Because let's face it, compared to all the love interests any princesses have had over the years... he doesn't really offer much in terms of personality other than being handsome and having a decent singing voice. He doesn't even show up again until near the end and made only to serve as 'the guy' to wake Snow White from her sleeping curse.

Pinkie Pie is a character you grow to love with time. She's energetic, she's so random, a slight bit air-headed, but when we see her at her lowest point we can't help but feel for her. Any of us can see her as easily just the 'comic relief' of the team, but as we see in a few instances she is actually a very sensitive soul always trying to make every pony else happy when she should be focusing on her own. We may not know much about Pinkie, like whether she's a legit relative of the Apples or not, but there's definitely a reason why fans enjoy her material whenever she's on screen. Granted, she does end up doing things that make those same fans slap their heads (Like hogging all the cider she bought, when she could easily have shared with any of the ponies in line... like RAINBOW DASH, PINKIE!!!)... but most of the time we can 'try' to forgive her when it happens.

He's truly a sweet guy amongst the Dwarves, next to Happy of course. And it was always so sweet that he had a slight crush on the princess, even though she'd ultimately make a pie for Grumpy out of all of them. But still, let it not be said that Bashful doesn't have his own string of fun moments when he appears on screen.

Dinodisneylover1
Group Admin

Magic Mirror

A spirit who appears within the magic mirror at the Evil Queen's behest. Its only purpose is to answer all questions with the truth.

Wildcard25
Group Contributor

It's unknown what's happened to it after the Evil Queen's death. Probably back at her castle gathering dust. In Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep when Aqua fights the spirit of the magic mirror and wins he claims that the Queen is gone and his service is done.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

We never truly know what becomes of this mirror after the Queen's death, this much that is true. One time I had this thought that through some circumstances, there's a secret panel that releases the physical embodiment of this mask inside the mirror. And when placed upon a host, like let's say the corpse of the 'first' villain of Disney Animated Films (Queen Grimhilde), it not only assumes control of the host itself spiritually and physically but it also mutates the body to assume a powerful form. This way the spirit within the mirror can assume its own control.

Dinodisneylover1
Group Admin

Sneezy

Sneezy... Well, he sneezes a lot due to his severe hay fever. And when he does, he can blow away anything and anyone with it. Whenever a sneeze comes up, he gives a warning. But usually he can't always tell.

Both the dwarfs and the ponies, especially Rarity, have to hold his nose from time to time to prevent being blown to the other side of the room.

MarioBrony
Group Contributor

a hurricane disguised as a house fan.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

In a way, I can relate with Sneezy's plight. Growing up, whenever the allergies kicked in, I'd end up drawing 'a lot' of attention for my loud sneezes no matter how hard I try not to. But then, when you get that feeling in your nostrils, you really don't have much of a choice. And now with all this COVID crap going around, you can't even do anything as innocent as a sneeze or a cough without every Karen or Chad AUTOMATICALLY assuming you are sick when that's not entirely the case! I've had my shots, people! As far as I'm concerned... I'm cured because I made the choice.

Dinodisneylover1
Group Admin

I, too, have hay fever.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

It's a frustrating ordeal to have, but what can one really do? Sometimes it's not so much about giving things away but rather just learning to live with it.

Dinodisneylover1
Group Admin

Applejack

An Earth pony who's a hardworking farmer and one of Twilight's best friends.

Next to Pinkie Pie, Applejack was the first pony Twilight and Spike get to properly meet. Born and raised at Sweet Apple Acres along with her Granny Smith, her big brother Big McIntosh and her baby sister Apple Bloom, she's a girl who isn't afraid to get her hooves dirty and always manages to get the job done.

You won't find a more dependable, resourceful and down-to-earth pony than her. Known for her honesty, Applejack would never stoop to telling a lie. But sometimes she can be too honest for her own good, keeping her from being sensitive to the feelings of others: a lesson she learned quite a while ago. She can also be very stubborn when she wants certain things her way, making her hostile toward others and blind to see alternate solutions to a problem.

Despite all that, she has a big heart and both her friends and family can count on her to make time and stick up for them. She competes a lot with Rainbow Dash to prove who's either the bravest or most athletic pony.

Another feature she's known for is her incredible strength due to years of applebucking. This mare probably has more horsepower than any other Earth pony I've seen.

She surely looks ready to travel with her friends to amazing new places far away from home with new stories to share when she returns.

She represents the element of honesty after reassuring Twilight she was gonna be fine so the rest of her friends could save her. Next to Spike, she's the one I hang out with the most.

I like Applejack, I grandma enjoys seeing her when we watch episodes together.

Wildcard25
Group Contributor

I like her, even when she's stubborn she has her friends to watch her back. I remember back in the first few episodes of season 1 she sounded like Rainbow Dash with an accent, before her actress changed it up a little bit.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Some fans have argued that Apple Jack is more of a 'background character' than a 'mane' protagonist, but she's gotten quite a fanbase from those who supported her story. Granted, Applejack is not without her faults. She can be stubborn to a fault, so overprotective of her sister without giving her a chance to speak, she ends up 'trying' too hard, and when she gets impatient she ends up making mistakes. That being said, as one of the 'straight' ponies of the group, she's often the pony who can take charge when Twilight Sparkle is at her lowest point. Plus, she's insanely strong for an Earth Pony particularly having a buck so strong she can break through walls if need be.

Granted, her episodes seem mainly limited to her contributions on the farm or anything that has to do with her family life. But otherwise, the character of Applejack herself extends far to the point when MLP was getting started back in the eighties. So Applejack being an Apple farmer was really nothing new as it also remains a tribute to that initial first appearance from way back when. Overall, I deem her as an enduring character.

Dinodisneylover1
Group Admin

Figaro

Geppetto's pet Tuxedo Cat.

Figaro is a pint sized prince. He is easily angered but deep down has a pure heart.

When Pinocchio came to life and treated him kindly, he came to love him, including the ponies he met recently.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

And this movie would ultimately not be the last time Figaro was featured in Disney related material. Why, even before that release of that remake recently, he was featured in other projects. A few shorts in the Mickey Mouse line-up and especially I recall this one segment of 'Once Upon A Christmas' when Figaro was Minnie's pet and how he tried hiding some bills Minnie had that prevented her from affording a special present for Mickey. She was hoping for a big bonus at this gift wrapping department, but her boss was a real 'cheapskate'.

Dinodisneylover1
Group Admin

Dopey

Dopey is always one clumsy step behind the other dwarfs, and meets with many a mishap. Despite being the youngest, he's the only dwarf who doesn't speak, causing him to communicate through pantomime.

He loves Snow White so much, he'll dart to the front of the line just to see her.

The Equestrians, especially Spike, easily understand his silly antics.

Dinodisneylover1
Group Admin

Owlowiscious
First appearance: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Owl's Well That Ends Well

Twilight Sparkle's adopted pet owl.

When this nocturnal bird came into her life, Spike believed he came to take his place as Twilight's number one assistant and friend. That jealousy got the better of the little dragon, causing Twilight to be cross with him. He ran away in sadness, only to come face to face with a much bigger dragon. Twilight and Owlowiscious came to his rescue and made him realize that the bright-eyed bird just wanted to be helpful.

Owlowiscious is an observant pet who's always looking out for his master and friends. He may be the strong, silent type, but when it comes to Spike's absentmindedness, he definitely gives a hoot.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

1. Ah yes, the only Dwarf without a beard of sorts and the one who doesn't speak (Except for what was done in that one crossover project earlier). In a way, he's almost like a young Charlie Chaplin in that he can be a little goofy, his actions speak louder than words, and almost like Chaplin he's a little flexible. Even the way he runs with the deer when they are racing back to the house reminds me of something that Chaplin would do.

The first time I saw that little creature, I was wondering if this was going to be a one-time ordeal or if we'd see more of that creature. True the whole 'Hoo' misunderstanding schtick gets a 'little' repetitive after a while, but he proves to be very useful with his nocturnal habits.

Dinodisneylover1
Group Admin

Spike the Dragon

A small dragon who is also Twilight Sparkle's assistant and long-time friend.

Spike was found as an egg a long time ago, leaving his origins a mystery. And it wasn't until Twilight attended at Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns, who used her magic on him during an entrance exam, that he finally hatched. Since then, Twilight looked after him and, despite some misfortunes, their bond grew stronger over the years.

Being dubbed her 'number one assistant', he never left her side, especially when Princess Celestia ordered them to travel to Ponyville and make friends.

Being the only dragon in a group of ponies, not to mention the only male in a group of girls, makes him often feel out of place. There had been times where he questioned his idenyity and where he came from. But after travelling to the Dragonlands a couple of times, he realized that it's not what he is that's important. It's who he is that really matters, and that's a baby dragon with a pony family.

Completely different from his fearsome reptilian brethren, Spike is sensitive, playful and sweet. But most of all, he's loyal, brave and generous. He also has an insatiable appetite for sparkly gems and loves to hang out with the ponies and every other creature he considered his friend.

His most notable feature is his incurable crush on Rarity. Ever since he first met her, he can't get her out of his head. Whenever she's present, he can't help but blush. He loves to assist her in many ways and, despite that he told her about his crush, the two became more closer in the course of time. There isn't a day that goes by where Spike hoped to get even closer with her.

Next to a beautiful singing voice, Spike has a fiery breath like any other dragon, but not only for burning things. Spike is able to send letters to the Princess with it and receive them back by burping. Very unusual.

It was Spike who discovered the Book of Disney in the Castle of the Two Sisters that fell from the stars. Despite not joining his friends on their first adventure to beat Nightmare Moon, he travels with them more often if necessary. And with new worlds waiting for them, you bet your life he's gonna assist them in any way possible and make friends with some of the most unique beings.

Dinodisneylover1
Group Admin

The Evil Queen

First Entry:
A vain woman who is convinced she is the fairest of all and Snow White's stepmother.

She's completely obsessed with her own beauty that she neglects both her kingdom and subjects and destroys everything else that's more beautiful than her. When the Spirit of the Magic Mirror revealed Snow White to be fairer, the Queen decided to take the maiden's life as well as those of the ponies, because she considers them a threat too. For that, she summoned a huntsman to take them to a flower glade, kill them on the spot and bring Snow White's heart back to her. But the huntsman's good heart spoke to him, giving both the princess and the Equestrians the chance to escape while tricking the Queen with the heart of a pig.

Once the Mirror revealed that Snow White and her new friends are still alive, she decided to take matters into her own hands by changing herself into an ugly old peddler woman and preparing a poisoned apple for Snow White. During that moment, she managed to hold Starlight Glimmer captive so her evil plan would continue. She travelled to the Dwarf's Cottage and managed to get Snow White to bite the apple. But the moment she believed she had won, both the Equestrians, Dwarfs and animals pursued her on a mountain. After a hard fight, the Queen tried to crush everyone with a giant boulder before lightning struck the cliff on which she stood and fell to her death.

From the outside, the Queen appears calm, regal and sophisticated. But her outer beauty hides a cold, hateful and extremely violent heart. Her jealousy and vanity are so great, she would kill her rivals instantly with careful planning and punish everyone who questions her. She'll stop at nothing until she's the only fairest being in the world.

Despite being a sadistic ruler, she's very talented in magic and potion brewing, specializing herself in the dark arts. Through the Magic Mirror, she gains accurate insight into a question or situation and to know what's going on in the world.

She's the first villain Twilight and her friends have faced who isn't from Equestria. And she won't be the only one.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Just got to remind myself where this series takes place in terms of the story surrounding the 'Disney Chronicles'. Since Spike's wings don't come around Season 8, most of the series takes place before the events of at least the series finale or at least that one point when Spike actually does get his wings.

Ah yes, their first major threat in this whole story. But as it would turn out later on, this Queen was merely practice for the worst still to come in this series. Most of the villains would only get more and more powerful over the years in Disney history (Some more threatening than others).

Dinodisneylover1
Group Admin

More things about series continuation in the Chronicles will be revealed later.

Dinodisneylover1
Group Admin

Tyrannosaurus Rex
Scientific name: Tyrannosaurus Rex
First appearance: Fantasia/The Rite of Spring (1940)

T-Rex for short. A large predatory dinosaur from the Late Cretaceous period.

This T-Rex has different features compared to the actual Tyrannosaurus like the claws for example. Still, it remained one of the meanest and scariest carnivores the world has ever known.

When the Equestrians got along with the other dinosaurs on the lowlands, the vicious predator appeared out of nowhere, snapping its killer jaws at anything that moves. While trying to protect the other dinosaurs from its hunger, Charlie the Stegosaurus stood up to her only to lose and becoming its next meal.

During the extinction of the other dinosaurs, the Tyrannosaurus died along with them. It was revealed that it had an infant of her own, the ponies decided to look after him along with a few other baby dinosaurs.

Being big and strong gives the T-Rex a reason to be feared, especially ´cause its name means 'Tyrant Lizard King'. Its primary weapon is its mouth with which she's able to kill other dinosaurs that are on its menu.

I enjoyed Spike, I smile when he appears on screen.

One of the best dinosaurs out there.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

This was definitely one of the most terrifying characters in Disney and he's not even on screen for more than a few minutes. In some way, I like to think this horrific creature was a slight inspiration for the Sharptooth in those 'LBT' movies. Scenarios like the ones this creature was featured in 'Fantasia' are among a few reasons why I'm glad that monster is deceased.

Dinodisneylover1
Group Admin

The Witch

A form the Evil Queen assumed by drinking a potion.

After discovering she had been tricked, she decided to kill the maiden by deceiving her to eat a poisonous apple. And this terrifying disguise would do the trick for her.

After holding the curious Starlight captive and making sure nothing else is overlooked, she went to the Dwarf's Cottage by herself and succeeded in her task. But the dwarfs and the Equestrians chased her down, and she was never seen again.

Next time you see an old lady like that and offers you an apple, don't take it.

• Viewing 51 - 100 of 178