The Disney Chronicles 134 members · 5 stories
Comments ( 97 )
  • Viewing 51 - 100 of 97
Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

From Jebens1.

Dumbo
When I see an Elephant Fly/ Scootaloo Stand up for Dumbo/ Dumbo flies

(I've used Brerdaniel's idea of Scootaloo standing up for Dumbo and threw in, and edited some of the quotes. I also used Solartiger's quotes for the Magic Feather.)

Just then, the five heard a roar of laughter and looked back to see all the crows laughing up a storm.

"Did you ever see an elephant fly?" The crow with the glasses asked.

"Well, I've seen a horsefly," the preacher crow answered.

"Ha ha, I've seen a dragonfly," the fat crow chuckled.

"He he he, I've seen a housefly," the straw hat crow noted.

"Yeah, I've seen all that to," the leader crow said, and strutting across the fence, he started to sing...

[Jim Dandy Crow]

I seen a peanut stand

Heard a rubber band

I seen a needle that winked its eye

But I be done seen 'bout ev'rything

When I see an elephant fly

"What d'you say, boy?" The preacher crow asked.

"I said, when I see an elephant fly," the leader replied, as he flew down and danced in front of Timothy.

[Jim Dandy Crow]

I seen a front porch swing, heard a diamond ring

I seen a polka-dot railroad tie

The glasses crow took off his hat and covered and uncovered his beak, pretended to play it like a horn, even making trumpeting noses.

Trixie nodded her head and tapped her hoof to the rhythm. "Catchy!" Sunset gave her a look. "What? It is."

The straw hat crow and the preacher crow danced so close together, it looked like they shared one body.

[Jim Dandy Crow]

I saw a clothes horse, he r'ar up and buck

[Dopey]

And they tell me that a man made a vegetable truck

I didn't see that, I only heard

[Deacon]

But just to be sociable, I'll take your word

Then the two danced separately.

[Dopey]

I heard a fireside chat

[Deacon]

I saw a baseball bat

[Fats]

And I just laughed till I thought I'd die

Then the leader crown strutted around Dumbo, using his trunk as a microphone.

[Jim Dandy Crow]

Then he and the glasses crown strutted around while scatting.

[All]

Well I be done seen 'bout ev'rything

[Fats]

With the wind

[All]

As they sang the final note, they flew into the air and came back down, laughing their heads off.

Scootaloo gritted her teeth as she watched the crows laugh and tease poor Dumbo, like everyone else. This had gone far enough and she wasn't gonna stand it anymore. "STOOOOOP ITTTTTTT!" She outright screamed, taking Timothy Dumbo, Sunset, and Trixie by surprise.

"Quiet down, gentlemen," the leader crow said, and the crows ceased their laughter. "Little filly's gonna address you."

"Do you have ANY idea what Dumbo's been through!?" Scootaloo snapped at them. "Do you know that he was taken away from his mama? And that no creature would comfort him?!" The crows became surprised by that as the little filly went on. "And why? Just because he's got those ears, they call him a freak! The laughing stock of the circus!" Dumbo They teased him! Made fun of him! Bully him! And the other elephants gossiped about him! And when his mamma tried to protect him, they locked her up and Dumbo was left all alone! And the other elephants shunned him out! My friends and I tried to help him, but everything went wrong! And if that wasn't bad enough, the ringmaster made him a clown! So now everyone will laugh and make fun of him forever!"

As the crows listened, they all felt ashamed for laughing at the baby elephant. Of course they couldn't have known all that. Now they felt bad for Dumbo.

"I know what he's going through!" Scootaloo went on. "Because back home, I've been bullied and laughed at nearly my whole life! And why? Because of my wings!" She turned around and showed them her wings, then she turned back with tears in her eyes. "My wings are so small that I can't fly, and never will! So ponies laugh at me because I'll never get off the ground! And now your all doing the same to Dumbo! And sick of it! WHY DOES EVERYONE HAVE TO MAKE FUN OF USE BECAUSE WE'RE DIFFERENT!" Finally, Scootaloo couldn't hold it in anymore and with a shriek of dispare, she fell to the ground and started crying.

Sunset and Trixie gasped at Scootaloo's outburst, even the crows looked shocked. Dumbo walked up to Scootaloo and used his trunk to pull her into a comforting hug, like the one she gave him. Scootaloo stopped crying and happily returned the hug. Sunset and Trixie went up to confront the filly while giving disappointed frowns at the crows.

Timothy patted her head. "You okay, kid?"

Scootaloo sniffed. "Yeah..."

"You know..." Trixie began shyly. "That was a pretty bold thing you did, standing up for Dumbo like that."

"She's right," Sunset agreed. "If Rainbow Dash were here, she'd be proud of you.

"Come on," Timon said. "Let's go."

But as they all started to leave, the leader crow called out, "Hey, brother, w-w-wait a minute. Uh, don't go away feelin' like that." Dumbo, Scootaloo, Sunset, and Trixie looked back, as the crow walked up to them. "We done seen the light. You guys is okay."

"Please, you've done enough," Timothy brushed off.

"Now, hang on, we're sorry for laughing, aren't we fellas?" The leader crow called to his friends. The other crows flapped over to them, voicing their agreements. "Why don't start over?" He cleared his throat. "Crow's the name, Jim Dandy Crow. But you can call me Dandy. And these are my brothers, Dopey."

"Hey."

"Deacon."

"Hello."

"Fats."

How'ya doin'."

"And Specks."

"What's happenin'."

"And you are?" Jim asked.

"Uh, I'm Scootaloo."

"Sunset Shimmer."

"Trixie. Otherwise known as the Great, and Powerful, Trixie!"

"And Timothy. Timothy Q. Mouse."

"Well, we's all fixin' to help you," Jim said. "Uh, ain't that the truth, boys?"

"Well, it sure is."

"Uh, yeah, that--"

"You're right."

"You wanna make the elephant fly, don't ya?" Jim said, while leading Timothy over to his brothers and Scootaloo, Sunset, and Trixie followed. "Well, you gotta use a lot of'chology. You know, psychology." Then they all huddled together. "Well let's us start brainstorm on ways get the boy into air."

"You got be kidding?" Trixie said, still doubtful about the idea.

"I tell you the true," Jim retorted. "I think he can do it all we get him to believe he can fly too."

"How?" Sunset asked.

"What about magic feather?" Deacon suggested.

"Great idea!" Jim said.

"Magic feather?" Scootaloo was confused.

Specks ran around, trying to get into the huddle. When he managed to get his head in, Jim reached back and plucked out one of his tail feathers.

"Mother!" Specks cried.

"Use the magic feather," Jim held it out to Timothy. "Catch on?"

"The magic feather?" Timothy said, taking the feather. "Yeah, I gotcha."

"I suppose that could work," Sunset said.

"Dumbo! Look!" Timothy broke out of the huddle and ran up to the elephant. "Have I got it! The magic feather! Now you can fly!" He placed the feather in Dumbo's trunk, while the elephant looked at it.

Later, Dumbo was standing on top of a rock, with Scootaloo on his back. Sunset and Trixie stood at the bottom. While the crows were pushing Dumbo from behind.

"Let's go. Let's go," they chanted. "Heave ho. Heave ho."

"I still say it'll never work," Trixie said.

"Well, we gotta at least try," Sunset stated.

Let's go, Dumbo! Come on now. Up, down. Up, down," Timothy called, flapping his arms. "One, two, One, two. One, two. Faster, faster! Get your flyin' speed! Retract your landing gear! Raise your fuselage! Take off!"

"You can do it, Dumbo," Scootaloo encouraged.

Dumbo began flapping his ears faster and faster, lifting up dust.

Sunset and Trixie coughed and choked as it cleared.

"Argh, this is ridiculous," Trixie said. "There's no way- where's Dumbo?"

When the dust settled completely, the two saw that Dumbo was no longer on the Rock.

Sunset looked around before her eyes widened. "There!" She pointed. Trixie looked and gasped.

"Aw, it's no use, Dumbo," Timothymoped. "I guess it's just another one of their-- Look!" He pointed out. Dumbo's shadow was on the ground. He was really flying! "Hot diggity! You're flyin'! You're flyin'!'

"Yay, Dumbo!" Scootaloo cheered.

The crows flew along side and around him, laughing again, this time in amazement.

"Uh, why, he flies just like a eagle," Specks chortled.

"That's better than a airplane," Fats chuckled.

"Brother, now I've seen everything," Jim said, and he and his brothers sang again...

[Crows]

But I be done seen about everything

When I see a elephant fly

[Fats]

With the wind

The crows flew down, with Dumbo following, and touched down on a telephone wire, scattering when Dumbo landed on the wire, bending it with his weight. Then the crows perched on him.

[Crows]

When I see a elephant... Fly

"You did, Dumbo!" Scootaloo exclaimed, and kissed his head.

"Dumbo, I knew you could do it!" Timothy run up his truck and took the feather.

Sunset and soon ran up, as the girl shouted, "That, was, amazing!"

"Incredible!" Trixie cheered.

"Wait'll we get to the big town," Timothy said.

"And wait until Rainbow Dash and the others see this!" Scootaloo added.

"Boy, them city folks is sure in for a surprise," Jim stated, and he and his brothers laughed.

(Here's an idea for you to write about. When Dumbo and the others return, walking in, not flying, introduce everyone to their new crow friends, Jiminy runs up and warns them about the clowns idea to raise the platform higher and the ringmaster agreed. The ponies are shocked by this, but Timothy says it's perfect. When asked why, Scootaloo says they got a little surprise for them.)

This was always my favorite part of the movie. Also, great thing you did Scootaloo.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

One of the most catchy songs in the entire movie. Say what you will about the Crows, but let nobody say they don't know how to throw in a beat.

I like it, But Scootaloo should gain the ability to fly too

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Yeah... that's never going to happen. The show made it clear from the start that Scootaloo ain't getting off the ground unless it's a stunt trick on her scooter. The only real way she can feel the sensation of flight is if pixie dust were sprinkled on her, she has faith and trust in herself, and only thinks 'happy' thoughts.

Comment posted by stark002 deleted Jan 6th, 2021
Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

I finally figure out where I should put in this funny quote.

"Gotta clean this cannon in time for the next act," Spike said as he climbs into the cannon to clean the barrel.

At that moment, Pinkie Pie came by and stuffed several random objects into the cannon, "I like this cannon! It's even bigger than my old party cannon!" Pinkie hums a merry tune as she continues to stuff lots of objects into the cannon, without knowing that Spike was still inside.

"Hey! What's going?" Spike muffled. "Hey! Let me out!"

Later, during the act...

"Hey! Someone! Help me! I'm trapped in this cannon!" Spike called.

"Spike?" Applejack called. "Is that you sugarcube? Where are ya, little guy?" Applejack looks inside the cannon, and was shocked. "SPIKE?! What in tarnation are you doing inside that cannon? Get outta there!" She reached in to pull Spike out when–

"FIRE!!" Pinkie screamed.

BOOOM!!!

"PINKIE PIEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!" Spike wailed.

"YOU NUMBSKUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuullllllll!" Applejack added.

Pinkie, you nincapoop! How dare you fire a cannon without seeing what or who was inside first!

MarioBrony
Group Contributor

Sometimes pinkie IS a numbskull.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Classic comedic act. Mistakenly getting stuck inside a cannon set for an act, and ending up being part of it.

Wildcard25
Group Contributor

Setting up the big top

When the train pulled into town, the Circus Roustabouts and even the animals, particularly the elephants were hard at work setting everything up, even in the rain.

Rarity: I can't believe we have to work late at night in the rain and in the mud!

Applejack: The Ringmaster wants this all ready by morning for early customers.

Rainbow: Come on, you guys. Back to work!

Spike flies in with coffee on a tray.

Spike: Coffee, anypony?

Twilight: Thanks, Spike. We'll need it.

Everyone took a coffee to help them stay awake.

Rarity, don't you know how long it takes to put the big top together?

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Yeah... it's not like a realm where you can just push a button and the tent automatically comes up with all the trimmings. We take this for granted when it comes to the circus, but there is A LOT of work done just to get a tent up.

Comment posted by cheerful9 deleted Apr 26th, 2021
Comment posted by Magic135 deleted Apr 26th, 2021
Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

🥧

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Ooh... looks like either a pie or a soufflé. It would make sense if it was a cheese soufflé given that Timothy Mouse is involved with this movie. Course, he is quite the guy who does work for 'peanuts'. In some cases, literally.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Maybe a circus act that Spike and Rarity can perform together is a dancing routine, on a tight rope, like Melman and Gloria from Madagascar 3: Europe Most Wanted.

"Oh, Spike," Rarity called, standing on a tight rope, dressed in a beautiful sparkling dancer dress. "May I have this dance?"

Spike's heart was beating out of his chest at what the love of his life just asked, "A-A-A-A...I'd love to!"

I can see that working.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

A dance on a tight rope. Oh sure. I do believe it could work somehow.

Comment posted by dg2004 deleted Oct 9th, 2023

I like this idea.

Thank you.

MarioBrony
Group Contributor

perfect timing Rarity!

MarioBrony
Group Contributor

Well, I can see the tune happening, but not a word for word sing along.

BUT, who knows.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

A rather long time it takes by hand that 's for sure. Not that I would know per say. But who knows? With a little additional bit of magic maybe they can speed the process along.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Feeling nostalgic. Rainbow Dash was my favorite pony, back in MLP's heyday. And I was rather fond of her and Scootaloo's dynamic as a duo.

Rainbow Dash talking to Scootaloo

"There you are, Squirt!" Rainbow called, walking up to the little pegasus. "What's the matter? You ok?"

"No..." Scootaloo shook her head. "Not really..."

"Is it about Dumbo and his mother being separated?" Rainbow asked. "Don't worry. We're gonna get her out. I promise."

"I know," Scootaloo cried tearfully. "But why? Why did it have to be like that? Dumbo didn't do anything wrong...it's not fair..." The little filly continued to weep, wiping some of her tears away.

Displaying another rare show of maternity, Rainbow Dash sat down and pulled Scootaloo close for a hug.

"Shhhh, there, there, Scoots," Rainbow hushed. "It's gonna be okay."

Good on you Rainbow.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

If anything, it was those kids' fault that the elephants were separated. They couldn't just leave well enough alone when it comes to Dumbo, just because they thought a baby elephant with big ears was the funniest thing they saw (Even Dumbo didn't even know they were laughing 'at' him, not 'with' him). If they had just backed off, Mrs. J would've had no reason to lose her temper. Least no one got seriously hurt... that one kid might be traumatized perhaps, but nothing to risk a visit to a hospital or anything. If anything, the family could've filed a lawsuit if those were around during that time.

Wildcard25
Group Contributor

After the Big Top Collapsed

After Dumbo's stumble because of his ears, the rest of the elephants were flung off the ball they were balancing on and ending up wrecking the Big Top's support beams causing the whole tent to start caving in. All the customers and workers piled out just in time as the whole tent fell flat on the ground. As something moves underneath the tent Dumbo pokes his trunk out through an opened patch and waves his little flag while peeking out. Even when his flag broke off the little elephant kept on waving it.

The ponies, Sunset, and Spike climbed out from underneath the tent and looked around at the damage caused. Pinkie looked to the fourth wall and spoke, "And that is how you 'bring down the house'."

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

A trumpet poked up, from the wreckage, and played the classic "wah wah" tone.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Okay I'll admit that was slightly funny with the Pinkie line added in this segment. No wonder the circus demoted Dumbo to a clown. The town probably sued the circus for nearly endangering them and it cost them a chunk of their budget to pay it off.

:fluttercry: poor Scootaloo and Dumbo...

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Well you should feel bad for them... that's the whole point. Dumbo's life went down the drain ever since his mom was locked up trying to protect him from the bullying, even from his own kind. And poor Scootaloo... she's supposed to be a Pegasus like the rest of her kind, yet she's the 'one' pony who seemingly will never be able to fly. Doesn't even help that when she grows up, her wings will 'still' be too small for her body and yet it's no problem for Mr. Muscles despite his short wing span. It almost makes you think the world is just stacked against Scootaloo no matter how hard she works to at least 'try' to hover for more than a few inches off the ground.

The reason Scootaloo will never fly is because she's supposed to be a representation of the disabled community. To show people that your disabilities do not define who you are.

It's said that Scootaloo get's picked on because she can't fly. Question is, who picks on her? I think I might have a good candidate for that... Rumble.

Before the adventure, he's showing off his flying tricks, when Scootaloo calls him a show off, he fires back with, "Oh yeah?! What do you know about aerial maneuvers? You can't even fly!"

And those words will hit Scootaloo hard. Rumble then processed to make fun of her and says that she doesn't get to talk about flying if she can't fly. He even goes so far as to say that if she can't fly then she's not a real Pegasus! This will make Scootaloo run off in tears.

When they return from the adventure, Scootaloo challenges Rumble to a race. Scootaloo wins using her scooter. As for Rumble, due to him getting too cocky and showing off, he not only loses, but crashes and hurts his wing. Scootaloo goes back to help him. Afterwards, Rumble apologizes.

If you remember in the comic about the first earth pony to join the Wonderbolts. Maybe that could be the "Remember what happened last time" that Thunder warned Rumble about.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

I mean it would be a slight bit of change from the Diamond Tiara & Silver Spoon thing. Seeing as by this point where 'DC' starts, those issues were resolved. But as for me, something about Rumble has thrown me off. Not so much during that one episode when his brother got sick but rather when the CMC are starting a camp for all the little colts and fillies and Rumble wants nothing to do with getting a cutie mark. His attitude was really rubbing me the wrong way, especially when he said that ponies were better off without cutie marks. So yeah... maybe that could be some potential plot element. And if not mentioned 'directly' in the beginning, it can always be used as a flashback in between events of the story.

Baby of Mine
the next scene can be very emotional
The Mane Six, Spike, Scootaloo, Trixie, Sunset Shimmer, Dumbo and Timothy arrived to the carriage where Mrs. Jumbo was imprisoned there.

"Mrs. Jumbo!" Scootaloo called her.
"Your son is here with us!" Fluttershy said.

Then Mrs. Jumbo noticed a small trunk peeking from the window, for her joy she tried to reach him but the chains didn't allow her. However, she uses her trunk to reach her son, then Mr. Jumbo started to sing.

(1:15)

[Mrs. Jumbo]
Baby mine, don't you cry
Baby mine, dry your eyes
Rest your head close to my heart
Never to part
Baby of mine

Dumbo started to stream tears but his mom wiped his tears away before using her trunk as a swing, then they see more moms with their respective babies like zebras, giraffes, tigers and monkeys. The first ones in stream tears were Applejack, Scootaloo, Fluttershy, Rarity, Pinkie Pie and Twilight who started to have visions above their own moms, Pear Butter, Mane Allgood, Mrs. Shy, Cookie Crumbles, Cloudy Quartz and Twilight Velvet.

Little one, when you play
Don't you mind what they say
Let those eyes sparkle and shine
Never a tear
Baby of mine

They see more moms with their babies like hyenas, hippopotamuses, ostriches and kangaroos. Back with the main group Rainbow Dash and Trixie started to stream tears about having visions from their moms, Windy Whistles and Sunflower Spectacle, also Spike and Sunset Shimmer stream tears, despite they don't have biological moms, Sunset sees Celestia like a mother figure and Spike the same with Twilight. Timothy keeps watching and also streams a single tear.

From your head to your toes
You're so sweet, goodness knows
You are so precious to me
Cute as can be
Baby of mine

Realizing it was enough time, they went back for Dumbo and said goodbies to Mrs. Jumbo.

Baby mine
Baby mine

Then Trixie noticed Rainbow Dash.

"Rainbow, are you crying?" Trixie asked and Rainbow realized that everyone was watching her before recomposing herself.
"Darn it! Now you got me acting all sappy!" Rainbow yelled as she crossed her fore-hooves indignantly.
"Rainbow, watch your language, there are children present." Pinkie said and Rainbow realized that Scootaloo was there.
"Sorry." Rainbow says sheepishly.

(That is all :pinkiesad2: :fluttercry: :raritycry: )

Definitely one of Disney's saddest songs.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Oh yes... arguably the most emotional moment in the entire movie. A mother and son so close, yet still out of reach. A song meant to represent a mother's lullaby as a means of reassurance that everything will be fine despite everything that's happened. The mother did put herself behind bars trying to protect her only son, it may not have mattered what would happen to her all that matters most to her is her son.

No matter how many times I watch and listen to it, this scene and song always makes me cry. :fluttercry::raritydespair:

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Well of course it's a bleeding tearjerker. A mom is locked in a cage and her son is reduced to being a circus clown over a stunt gone wrong. It's arguably the lowest point of Dumbo's life by this stage of the film.

Yeah, I'm kind of wondering how the pink elephants sequence will be handled narrative wise, not to mention the idea of all the girls getting drunk. : p

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

There'll be ways to work it out. If not 'all' of the girls, the few who hadn't might start to notice that their friends had vanished into the night while trying to have a word with the ringmaster of a possible means of not only freeing the mom, but ultimately a way to settle some debt after that disastrous performance in that one town. Hopefully, it might only take them a few hours to find them only to discover that Dumbo was able to use those ears of his to fly thus finding themselves an act that would fix everything.

Comment posted by Vimtrust5 deleted Nov 11th, 2023
Comment posted by theovine93 deleted Nov 11th, 2023
Comment posted by Vimtrust5 deleted Nov 13th, 2023
  • Viewing 51 - 100 of 97