The Disney Chronicles 134 members · 5 stories
Comments ( 74 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 74
Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Remember how back in the old days, Walt Disney and his crew would animate Disney shorts called Silly Symphony, and then later we have Mickey Mouse Works up to today when we’ve got Mickey Mouse shorts.

(Well technically House of Mouse is/was a TV Series, but still.)

And then MLP/EQG have us their shorts/choose ending series.

So I was thinking ( and struggling from jumping the gun, or shark, whichever comes first), while Dinodisneylover1 has the Disney Chronicles, each of us creative and talented writers have our random and short stories to fill the voids in this groups empty folders.

Ex:
A short starring Pinkie Pie and the Seven Dwarfs building a bed will go in the Golden Era folder.

Or...

A short featuring Robin Hood and Nick Wilde teaming up to outfox Flim and Flam will go in both the Bronze Age and Modern Age folders.

Anyway, this is just an idea I thought worth proposing to all of us creatives whose imaginations, hunger for entertainment are all but wasting away, all the while being subjected by the annoying followers who continuously pester us all 24/7 to continue our stories, regardless of the wise proverb:

A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad.” — Shigeru Miyamoto

Okay, maybe it’s more appropriate to video games. BUT GOOD VIDEO GAMES AND MOVIES ARE NOTHING WITHOUT A GOOD STORY!! Stories are the heart of entertainments, my friends.

Forgive my sudden bold outburst. I’ve had coffee again.

But what do you think?

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Well actually...

I was thinking if there were ever some 'shorties' pitting MLP and Disney together, I've been going over the list of Walt Disney Theatrically Released material and I stumbled upon something rather interesting.

Academy Award Review of Walt Disney Cartoons

Before 'Snow White' ever hit theaters, this came out to promote Walt Disney's first full length animated movie. A collection of five Oscar-winning Silly Symphonies shorts, bridged together with title cards and a narrator. Like The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, each of the cartoons had been released on their own at first before being collected together as one film. This would eventually be re-released and updated with additional four shorts in 1966 with no narration. Both versions of the film were released in Japan on LaserDisc on June 21, 1985. So, you could say that together they were a package film "BEFORE" package films.

Among the shorts that the Review features, they include:

Flowers and Trees (1932)
Three Little Pigs (1933)
The Tortoise and the Hare (1934)
Three Orphan Kittens (1935)
The Country Cousin (1936)
The Old Mill (1937)
Ferdinand the Bull (1938)
The Ugly Duckling (1939)
Lend a Paw (1941)

Would be pretty neat to explore I will admit. But, what do you think?

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

On the subject of other shorts, there's also another one to consider:

The Reluctant Dragon

Released sometime 'Fantasia' and 'Dumbo', if I felt any animated production needed a 'severe' remake and an EXTREME makeover, it would be this one. I always felt the short was written to say, 'You're a fire-breathing dragon, you have to stick to the status quo of being the terror to the village and battle knights'. Meanwhile, the Dragon wants nothing to do with the stereotypes and would rather spend the rest of his days sipping tea and writing poems (I admit, I thought the dragon was a 'girl' when I first saw it). Not to mention the pacing in the short gets a little... Messy at times.

I always felt there's a lot you can do with the movie if a chance for additional development was in order.

MarioBrony
Group Contributor

I wish whoever does this the best of luck!:raritywink::raritywink:

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

I will say that Miyamoto was right about one thing:

A delayed game will eventually be good, but a rushed game will forever be bad. I can totally vouch for that.

For example: Games like 'Drake and the 99 Dragons' could've offered a glimmer of potential, they were even planning a franchise around it. But then the game was released and clearly it was rushed to be in the market, which shows. The poor animation, the bad dialogue, the clumsy controls, and the overall gameplay. To this day, it is deemed the WORST video game ever created for a variety of reasons. Hence, like the 'Disney Chronicles', it is vital that enough time and effort is made to make each story as entertaining as possible. Otherwise, it'll be just like the 'standard' crossover story you see on YouTube.

Wildcard25
Group Contributor

I enjoyed these old cartoons, though the old Chicken Little cartoon had a very disturbing ending

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Oh yeah for sure. Almost makes the ending to the recent 'Chicken Little' look pretty tame and it ends with a trip to the movie theater.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Walt Disney certainly wasn't pulling any punches back then.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

They sure wouldn't. There's a lot of things Disney did back then that they're not applying to their motion pictures these days. At least not for most modern audiences anyway. Of course, back then, Disney wasn't simply just making movies for kids. They wanted to incorporate themes that all audiences can relate with, but at the end of the day it's all about who contributes most to their business.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Definitely looks rather promising to say the least. At least if anything, depending on if they are good reads, it would help to pass the time until the major projects are complete.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

I take it you approve then?

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

I may have a few ideas on what can be done as far as 'shorties' are concerned. But it's going to take a bit of time (Maybe a week or so).

Classic intro of Donald Dick is very memorable!

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Oh yeah, especially the part where some of Donald's lines come in as a response to what those ladies are saying about him.

Speaking of Classic Donald Duck, one of my favorite episodes is when he's trying to have a pancake breakfast, just minding his own business, until Chip & Dale come in and start stealing his breakfast.

In the final, they did steal the pancakes, and mimic a funny chinese expression, right or not?

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

I remembered... I've seen it multiple times. Poor Donald, losing to two little chipmunks. Good thing he doesn't have to put up with them during the new 'Ducktales' show.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Now that I've had a deeper understanding of the purposes for theme parks, especially Disneyland and Disney World, courtesy of Walt Disney's dreams and desire to take storytelling to a whole new level.

And ever since Wildcard25's been bringing up those old Disney Sing-Along songs, featuring Mickey Mouse and Pals, I wonder if we can center most of these events in these Disney Friends short stories, most in Disneyland and Disney World.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Hmm... It's possible that somehow it can be done. Least the ponies and Spike have more character than the kids. They were mostly picked to tag along with Mickey and his pals and they barely get any speaking lines.

Wildcard25
Group Contributor

I agree. And as stated with all the recent improvements and additions to the Disney Parks, just imagine all the girls and Spike could do there, and all the characters they'd meet.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Just to be clear, EVERYONE are welcome to write their stories with the title "Disney Friends."

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Let me just get this straight: For this 'Disney Friends' ordeal, let's say this to anyone writing short stories based on something Disney relate. Just as a hypothetical question: Does it 'have' to be members of the Mane Six (Spike included)?

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

The stories can include at least one, or all of our Equestrian Heroes together with their favorite Disney Characters.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Hmm... I'll keep that in mind.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Why? Is there a problem? A potential plot hole you see?

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Oh no, no, no, no. Not at all. At least, I don't think so...

Let's just say I did say that I had something in mind, but I'm still ironing out a couple details. I'll send it to you once I'm confident it's all cleaned.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

After playing another game of Disney’s Emoji Blitz, I just had a recent trip down memory lane, and I have a potential idea for the mini-series Disney Friends.

For this, I call it Princess Academy. Potential revival of the scrapped Disney Princess concept, a magnet for Sofia the First references, parodies of DC Superhero Girls, and past Disney Princess franchises.

(Random dude: “You do know Disney Princess is for little girls, right?”

Me: “You guys watch My Little Ponies/Equestria Girls, it’s the same thing!”)

What-If: After the Book of Disney grants a passage between the Disney-Verse and Equestria, all the Disney Princesses and heroines would all explore the School of Friendship and check it out, meeting the students, filling in for the Mane Six and helping Starlight Glimmer run the place.

Belle can be the librarian.
Mulan and Merida can both be the Co-gym teacher.
Jasmine (there was that one episode of a canceled Disney Princess series, where Jasmine took on a teacher’s career at a school. Though they didn’t quite specify what her subject is. Maybe she, Snow White, and Pocahontas can fill in Fluttershy’s class? They’re both known for their animal companions.)

Cinderella can be the fashion teacher.
Ariel and Aurora can both be co-teachers for a singing class.
Tiana can teach Applejack’s cooking class.
Rapunzel can be the art teacher.
Moana...what can Moana teach?
can teach boating class. Dramamaster829's idea.

Some conflicts ensues:

1. Somebody tricks Maid Marian into smelling a Night Howler flower from Zootopia, and she chases after Lady Kluck, Judy Hopps, Faline, and other poor unfortunate students. It’s up to Zecora, Pocahontas, Judy, and Alice to figure out the cure, and find out who is the culprit.
  2. Starlight Glimmer is hosting a dance party (similar time the “Under the Sea” prom from Back to the Future), but someone is crashing the party.
  3. Anyone can share their ideas here.
Dramamaster829
Group Admin

I love that. I can definitely feel some potential in there. I'm sure there are some schools that teach a boating class, I knew a few campuses in my area that do. Maybe Moana can be an instructor on teaching folks how to sail. Probably those who've never been on a boat before.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Good idea! Thank you!

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Hopefully there's a spot for fellow princesses like Faline and Princess Ailonwy. We would assume that with her marrying Bambi, the son of the Great Prince, that automatically makes her a princess though what kind of role she'd have is ill-determined. Whereas for Ailonwy, she's had this frustration for being overlooked despite being a princess and mainly because 'The Black Cauldron' wasn't such a big success. Course, it wasn't the movie's fault that they couldn't get the adaptation of the story just right.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Hopefully there's a spot for fellow princesses like Faline and Princess Ailonwy.

I'm thinking Faline could be like a teacher assistant to Snow White? Same with Princess Eilonwy with, say Aurora?

You would think that a young lady like Eilonwy, who comes from a long lineage of sorceresses (according to her novel), would get along just fine with another princess, like Aurora, who's had little character development but was raised by Three Good Fairies.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Disney Friends – Princess Academy: Tea Times

Later that afternoon, after classes were done for the day, Smolder, together with Ocellus and Yona, were both seated in the courtyard, at a table, for tea, with their Disney friends, Alice, Cinderella, Maid Marian, Lady Kluck, and Mulan.

*In Disney Princess Sing-Along: Enchanted Tea Party, Maid Marian, along with Alice and Melody each have seats of their own, despite the fact they're not official "Disney Princesses." Thus, my headache in 2018.

"So you're a fox," Ocellus began. "But your uncle is a lion?"

"Mulan killed 1,000 invaders with single avalanche?!" Yona asked excitedly.

"And your dresses are woven by mice?" Smolder asked.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

1. I can see that working with Faline. And yes, the book does mention that Eilonwy's family has a history of sorcery even though the most magic we see is her conjuring of a magic bauble as she calls it.

2. They would be rather surprised to hear those wild crazy stories.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Disney Friends – Princess Academy: The Bad Guy

Bad Guy: [Holds Ocellus by the neck, with a Night Howler dangerously close] "Everyone stay back! Or the bug gets it!"
Sunburst: "Careful everyone! That flower's loaded!"

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Disney Friends – Princess Academy: Night Howlers Predators

Lady Kluck: "Marian, dearie, it's me!" [The infected vixen lunges forward in a pounce, but thankfully, Mulan saved Lady Kluck.]
Mulan: "I don't think she's listening. Let's get out of here!" [They both escaped the vixen, locking her up in the room]

Ocellus: "Yona? YONA! YONA! Yona?" [Finds Yona stuck in a chimney] "Hey! What's going on?"
Yona: "SHE'S GONNA EAT ME!"
Ocellus: "Who?" [Sees Smolder closing in] "WHOA!" [Struggles to free Yona] "Sheesh? Why do I always have to save your AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!"

Jasmine: "Rajah?" [Rajah, under the influence of the Night Howler, growls angrily]

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Oh boy, Ocellus under the effects of the Night Howler. Boy, what a frightening thought for the sweet wee lamb.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Not as frightening for Yona than Smolder having a sudden urge for some smocking buffalo wings...yeah, I know Yona's a yak, completely different from a buffalo, but still. Roast beef.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Well so long as Smolder doesn't need to eat those hot wings like the kind used for that new Game Show based off a popular YouTube ordeal. Then again, being a dragon, maybe she could handle it better than what was done with Spike for that one Cinematic Adventures scene. As far as that Yona comment goes, I've been to Alaska where they served Elk meat especially at the couple joints I've been to. So I'd say it's not so weird, even lesser so than Ostrich burgers (Like that one horror movie with the giant spiders... Well, horror-comedy).

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

The more I think about Disney Friends having a possible revival of Princess Academy, it reminded me of the failed Disney Princess Enchanted Tales series.

I’m not so certain where the producers were intending on going with this series, but it apparently bombed just as bad as most of the Disney Sequels direct-to-DVDs. Even Princess Aurora’s original VA doesn’t approve of it.

However, after watching the two segments, starring Aurora and Jasmine, I think the whole purpose of their stories were to further develop their characters, while teaching the young audience about perseverance?

I don’t know. But with the Disney Chronicles, who knows? Maybe we could actually find a way to make them work.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

I could understand what they 'tried' to do with those princesses, especially with Aurora. For as long as we can recall, she is a beautiful princess, with a lovely singing voice, and she does have a bit of a personality... The only problem is: We barely spent any time with this lassie to truly know her and she spends most of the movie asleep (Especially the latter half). The truth of the matter is: The whole movie felt more like the journey of the Three Good Fairies trying to raise and protect Aurora, until they can fulfill this one premonition that her true love will come to her and rid her of Maleficent's dreadful curse.

But yeah... I heard the Princess Enchanted Tales didn't really do so great too. It's no wonder hardly anyone talks about them.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Another potential Disney character for the Disney Friends short stories, and another Disney staff at the School of Friendship, alongside Jiminy Cricket and Merlin, Professor Owl!

Wildcard25
Group Contributor

7171013 How about Professor Ludwig Von Drake?

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

And speaking of the professor, imagine him giving a lecture of colors, and he performs this musical number!

His password for the Doomsday Vault!

Tim Ribbert
Group Admin

Doomsday vault is that like the evil version of the disney vault

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Oh yeah, I remember the guy. The first time I ever saw that owl was back when I'd watch some of the 'Disney Sing Along Video's intros. Course, back then, I had no idea that he was an existing character from a Cartoon Disney put together a long ways back. After seeing the cartoon, I admit it was rather fun. My favorite moment of all time was when he was doing class role call and the way he mentions 'Birdy Birdwell'.... Referring to the one dumb kid in school, I admit it was a 'little' it funny.

Holy Sh*t! I remember him from the Disney Sing Along Songs. Those were the best back in the day.:pinkiesmile:

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Forgive me for giving into my “furry” fanatic, but what sort of shorty story scenario would you imagine for Robin Hood and his Merry Men? What kind of friendship problem would they have? And what’s the moral?

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

While we’re on the subject with Professor Owl and Professor Ludwig Von Drake, since they’re both hosts for the Disney Sing-Along, along with Jiminy Cricket... three’s a crowd, don’t you think?

The Disney Princesses(and heroines) are loved for their musical number!

They can’t all fit in one music class! They’ll bring the house down and Starlight doesn’t want that. Not like what happened last time... Trixie.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 74