The Disney Chronicles 134 members · 5 stories
Comments ( 685 )
  • Viewing 651 - 700 of 685

Dreamlight Twinkle as an alicorn filly.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Least this would take a greater advantage than what they did with Princess Flurry Heart. Spends the whole series as a filly and we don't even get a 'Growing Pains' moment where she quickly ages at an accelerated rate. For those who saw the sitcom, you'd know what I'm talking about. If you don't... no need to respond, just don't.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

So, I find this poster for the new 'Elio' movie soon to come back. Probably a prototype before they release posters you'll find in movie theaters but here you go:

Imagine how it would look with the ponies on it.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Someone really know a their animations and animated something original with Maid Marian!

And here’s Robin Hood, learning Prince Derek’s Catch and Fire from The Swan Princess.

Dude, these animations are FIRE!!!:rainbowdetermined2:

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Oh yes, the artist behind these sketches are remarkably talented. They could have potential to work for a major studio or even a small production company.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

I’ve recently hit on an idea that has potential.

Inspired by KP, after the work experience I’ve learned on her Hellfire Reanimation Collab, I’m thinking someday in the nearest future, a Reanimation Collab to reanimate Robin Hood’s Phony King of England.

For every Disney fans, this can be seen as a love letter to the foxy outlaw and friends. But honestly, for me — and for some — this is an opportunity to animate an original dance number for Maid Marian that isn’t a copy of Snow White’s and Duchess’s.

I understand the pressure the producers were going through with this movie at the time (story still in development, last minute changes, tight deadline, etc.)

So many of the scenes were rotoscoped from previous film.

But as of late, I wondered just how much effort can be made in a reanimation to actually push forth to saving this Disney classic.

Wildcard25
Group Contributor
Dramamaster829
Group Admin

I'm sure that would be a rather fun video to see. Hopefully the work put into it is worthwhile.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Very cute design, very cute indeed. I think I saw this on Deviantart once.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

So this Disney Animator had recently tried out the new Procreate Dreams that Art and Animator Veteran Aaron Blaise recommended. And low and behold!

Traditional Animation is still alive, featuring Star from Disney's Wish.

https://twitter.com/pedrodanielgp/status/1729924301883895926

You mean “still lives” since traditional animation never left.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Thanks. I meant to say it's still alive.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

It is rather adorable. I mean, Disney has proven that they 'can' still apply traditional animation to their projects (As we have seen with 'Once Upon a Studio'). But for whatever reason, reasons I really don't give a fuck about so don't even 'try' with me, they would rather go with the safe option and stick with computer generated stuff.

Check out these posters of two Pixar movies.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Okay, I'll admit it. These posters do look pretty cool.

I plan on doing Cars 2, because I actually like it, I think the story well done and the message of being yourself is great too.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

The spy elements were a bit overboard. I mean, I don't want to say 'Cars 2' was one of the 'worst' movies I have ever seen. But honestly, I just think it was one of the 'weaker' movies in Pixar. Hell, I don't even 'hate' the 'Lightyear' movie nor do I even 'dislike' it... but it could've been so much better. That's the same way I've said about movies I don't always give additional viewings to. Like 'Cars 2' which I've seen in its entirety...

Only once...

Comment posted by Mariobrosfan8000 deleted Dec 1st, 2023
Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Disney’s Magic Kingdom—Robin Hood Event

I’ve recently heard about the storyline for this particular event of this game. It seems to be a “midquel” of a kind from the first movie (sometimes after the heroes rescued Friar Tuck, the fire, and before Robin Hood and Maid Marian’s wedding).

But in this story, it’s revealed that King Richard was a prisoner of the Roman Emperor, whom Prince John has been paying to keep his brother imprisoned.

Plus, the “Nutsy” and “Trigger” were replaced with a couple of look-a-likes who were friends of Allan-a-dale (the rooster).

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Is that a fact? Sounds like that could have been a midquel for that one studio who had been known for either making sequels or midquels that nobody really asked for, but they did it anyway the same as when the company made live action adaptations nobody wanted. Still, while I wouldn't know if this movie would've sold well, the story would have sounded interesting.

But how do you expand upon this initial concept? That's the big question.

Commission by kuren247

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

I'm pretty sure he 'does' get what you mean. He's just trying to get in your head.

Wildcard25
Group Contributor

So according to this, by next year the Steamboat Willie incarnation of Mickey Mouse will hit public domain, and anyone can use him. Keep in mind this only applies to Steamboat Willie, not the versions of Mickey that followed. So if someone has any plans to use Steamboat Willie Mickey in anything they better make sure not to make him look or anything like present day Mickey and such. But regardless of Steamboat Willie Mickey entering Public Domain, he will always be the mascot for Disney and all.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

I will admit the news of Mickey Mouse being in the public domain was going to terrify me and I had no proper response for it initially. But, turns out, it's just 'one' incarnation of Mickey Mouse, nobody said the character in general was entirely going to the public domain. Now I'm not going to be one of those people who are going to give people beef for automatically making 'that' Mickey Mouse a horror character. I really do not want to be those people. Who knows? Maybe they'll take the initial Steamboat Willie concept and make this whole extended story or something. I don't really know what they are really going to do with it. I just... sometimes I actually wish I truly 'know' what's going on when I really 'don't'.

Check out this Robin Hood animatic prequel.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin
Wildcard25
Group Contributor

I can see this as canon

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

The artist is pretty talented and in a sense I could 'almost' see it as a prequel of sorts. If not for this rendition of Robin Hood, definitely a prequel to something.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Hey Robin. It's rude to keep a lady waiting. Besides, you don't want to leave your bride at the alter, would you?

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Wow, this is beautiful. Would've made a great addition to a wedding scene for this movie. Too bad the company was facing financial difficulties during this period.

Check out this artwork from Daniarts19 on Deviantart.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

This would be something we could expect to see during the showdown with Magnifico.

Comment posted by HunterBrony101 deleted May 8th
  • Viewing 651 - 700 of 685