The Disney Chronicles 134 members · 5 stories
Comments ( 637 )
  • Viewing 551 - 600 of 637

I recently watched Marvel Studios' Halloween Special known as Werewolf by Night and here's my thoughts.

The special would definitely remind you of classic gothic horror films, allá the Universal horror films of the 1930's-1940's, with some dashes of the 70's British wave of gothic horror.

The biggest talking point is Man-Thing and how they handle the character? Well, i says they did a good job with Man-Thing as he is very gentle giant as long he sees you as his friends and he kills 2 characters in gruesome way but those 2 characters are assholes.

Werewolf by Night or Jack's werewolf form look resembles a classic Wolf Man design as a throwback to Universal monster movies as opposed more modern and more canine werewolves.

Oh! By the way, no appearance from either Blade or Moon Knight as this special is pretty much standalone beside the opening narration that mentions about Avengers but that's about it.

Overall, it's a good Halloween Special and I definitely recommend for big classic horror fans.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Should be a rather interesting watch. I'll definitely have a look when I get the chance to. It's not every day there's a Halloween Special made by Marvel after all.

Wildcard25
Group Contributor

It was definitely entertaining and I loved the old black and white style touch to it

Mechazilla88
Group Contributor

Agreed, I’m sort of hoping we see more darker aspects of the MCU like the upcoming Blade movie as well as seeing Werewolf by Night, Man-Thing, and Elsa Bloodstone in future installments.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

These MCU shorts would not have just happened merely just for the sole purpose of shits and giggles. The recent media we've been seeing are all connected to this new phase that has been building, regardless if fans like it or not. This may not be the last we see of 'any' of these characters.

Well... the finale of She-Hulk got to be the most chaotic and maybe controversial one.

It's start off Jen losing her job (again) and was forced to wear inhibitor to forbid her from transformed into She-Hulk again after an incident in last episode. (The opening scene is a big recreation of 1978 The Incredible Hulk's opening)

Remember one of guys that Jen date? Todd Phelps? Well, he is HulkKing and the leader of Intelligencia as he and all guys despises the idea of female superheroes. (Intelligencia is pretty much Take That on those Anti-SJWs YouTubers and Misogynists who talk badly about female-led superhero projects and call it "woke").

Anyway, the climax of this episode got to be the most weirdest one so far for Marvel as when Titania and Banner suddenly appears out of nowhere to beat up Intelligencia which cause Jen to be so frustrated that she took breaking the fourth wall to the next level as she busts through Disney+ menu and ends up in Marvel Studios as she confronts Kevin... No, Not Kevin Feige, it's an AI named K.E.V.I.N. which is a literal robot driven by an algorithm.

During her talk with "Kevin", the episode took an opportunity to take a shot at MCU movies like having the climax be a big bombastic as well Jen criticize about having all MCU heroes with Daddy's issues (Iron Man, Thor, Loki, Star-Lord etc) and "Kevin" told Jen to transform back to her normal self due to VFX budget which is obviously Marvel making fun of themselves for their VFX not looking good in recent projects.

She also teases X-Men coming to the MCU (She's outright says the name) but "Kevin" doesn't confirm it.

This episode implies that not only the show will get Second Season but we will see Jen on big screen at some point.

Oh yeah, Daredevil make an appearance in this episode as Jen request "Kevin" to includes him as she really wanting to see him again.

Banner's back and he have a son named Skaar... apparently, the episode teases we might see Banner's story on the big screen as Jen says "Saves it for movies"... could we finally get a proper Hulk Movie? :duck:

As for Abomination, he was indeed good guy and have nothing to do with Intelligencia since he didn't know what kind of group they were and because he transformed into Abomination again, he was sent to prison but
... in the Mid-Creduts Scene, Wong break him out of the jail and have him move to Kamar-Taj... it seems we are not done with Abomination.

Overall, it's probably my favorite since it's how crazy the finale is but I have a feeling this one is going to be divisive.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

A controversial finale huh... well, I'll definitely have to see this one for myself. Perhaps in my case I might find it entertaining.

Wildcard25
Group Contributor

This finale did throw me for a spin when Jen went past the fourth wall to talk to those behind the series, and then wrap it up like that. I am interested in seeing a movie about Bruce on Sakaar along with Skaar. I've only known that character through the show Agents of SMASH, so I'd like to see the MCU portrayal of him. But only time will tell at this point, especially since we got a layout of what the next crop of movies will be within the next few years

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Well, I have seen the episode for myself. I wouldn't say that my opinions for this finale are rather mixed, but the material they brought into this one episode was... rather interesting. Whether or not anything they've announced or unveiled is true remains undetermined as of this time. Only time will tell.

You know... I only watched three episodes of She-Hulk... And while some parts are funny, I feel like... Jen can be unlikable at certain points. There, I said it.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

You only say Jen is 'unlikeable' rather vaguely, as if to suggest she acts this way just... because?

Would you please emphasize with supportive details as to 'why' you assume Jen to be unlikeable?

Well, she did dismiss her own cousin's misfortunes and laughed them off. And she practically made fun of Captain America (who helped save the world on multiple occasions), saying whether or not he was a virgin, not to mention she gives this vibe saying "all men are stupid and beneath me."

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

I would understand why you would feel that way and Jen's not exactly the perfect protagonist in the series. But that's just the deal: She's not supposed to be perfect. Most people would've embraced being a superhero, but she was already a stressed woman focused on her career as a lawyer. She may say things that are disagreeable to the community, but is she really any different from someone like, let's say, 'you' who may suggest some opinions that may otherwise receive a mixed reception and not the 100% agreement you were looking for?

Am I wrong about that measure to point out, sir? Did you want her to be a perfect 'Mary Sue'?

Nope. Not at all. Just wanted to let some of my thoughts out. There are already enough Mary Sue's out there like Rey. And the live-action Mulan.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Well, we don't even know if there's going to be a follow-up to 'She Hulk' in terms of a second season. But it was nice to see a series with her, in some form. Granted, I wouldn't say the series was 'perfect' by any means it was still fun to watch.

Mechazilla88
Group Contributor

I don’t know if I should post here or not but YouTube channel Dead Meat recently released a video on the MCU special, Werewolf By Night. It gives us a kill count but also does some trivia. Have a watch and share your thoughts. Also spoilers if you haven’t watched it yet.

https://m.
Dramamaster829
Group Admin

I barely acknowledge MCU stuff as Disney, it should NEVER count in the first place. But for what's it worth, I like James A Janice's covers of horror related media. I would've guessed that he would look into this little project at some point. Hear he's making a movie.

If you are still haven't recovered from Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (The final film of Phase 4), Marvel got the antidote for you cause I just watched The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special (The epilogue of Phase 4)

After emotional event of Wakanda Forever, I feel Holiday Special did a great job of cheering us up which is the plot of the special as Mantis want to cheer Quill up as he was still mourning the loss of Original Gamora. (That plotline would be featured in upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3)

What makes this one stand out from rest of MCU movies and shows that it lacks villains as it mostly Mantis and Drax having a crazy adventure in Hollywood as they searched for Kevin Bacon (the actual Kevin Bacon).

Cosmo the Space dog made her proper appearance in this special after her brief cameo in first GOTG movie, through her role was more of a less extended cameo role and was only there just to set up her appearance in GOTG Vol. 3. (Go same for Rocket, Groot and Nebula as they don't have big role in this special)

Oh! It was revealed Mantis is Quill's sister due to Ego being her father and she was worried that telling Quill about that secret would cause him to think of her as Ego but Quill immediately accept her as his sister and considered it as greatest Christmas gift to him.

What a fun special... through, the next time we sees Guardians, it won't be a fun adventure as upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 is going to be emotional one for them.

Wildcard25
Group Contributor

Yeah this was a funny bit. Just the kind you'd expect in Guardians of the Galaxy.

It was shocking to learn Mantis was pretty much Peter's sister, yet it makes sense. And it may have been five years later in their time, but Rocket finally got Bucky's arm... How Nebula got it we'll never know. Especially if that's Bucky's current arm.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

I actually heard about the special and how charming it was supposed to be. Definitely makes me wonder what more they'll do with the franchise.

Wildcard25
Group Contributor

Mighty Ducks Game Changers Season 2 is in the books. Very entertaining and dramatic as season 1 was.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Still got a couple more episodes to go on that season. I was binging that 'Wednesday' series. But I'll definitely look forward to seeing how this season ended for Mighty Ducks.

Wildcard25
Group Contributor

It's been a long time since Night at the Museum was ever talked about or mentioned. Especially since it was one of Robin Williams last movies before his passing. But now Disney Plus is giving us an animated sequel. It may not be like the live versions, but I will see it for the sake of the franchise.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

It's going to be a little weird knowing that they decided to do a 'Night at the Museum' project without Robin Williams (Much less, 'most' of the original cast for that matter). It would kind of be like doing a 'Descendants' sequel without Cameron Boyce as Cruella's kid. But I suppose if they can somehow manage to pull this off without a hinge, who knows? Maybe audiences might actually like this movie.

Note: If you repeat '1:31' at just the right time, you can get the villain to say 'Yikes!' over and over. It's really funny!

Wildcard25
Group Contributor

Streaming next year, narrated by our favorite god of mischief

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Should've figured we wouldn't be hearing the last of Loki for a while. Based on the popularity of his series, of course, we were bound to see more of him at some point. What further shenanigans wait for him only time will tell.

Comment posted by Dramamaster829 deleted Dec 20th, 2022
Wildcard25
Group Contributor

Well I watched the newest season of The Proud Family Louder and Prouder, they automatically picked up where the last ep left off with Suga Mama and her family working out problems.Tthe rest of the season was good as well. We got to see a plot similar to the Proud Family movie with the return of those little guys and everyone cloned again, Anthony Anderson returns to voice Oscar's cousin Ray-Ray, we learn something new about Penny brother Bebe, and the final ep they uncover a dark secret about their town's founder.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

I've been meaning to catch the new season but I haven't had a chance. Though I 'did' hear one episode had some controversy because one girl felt she had to apologize for something even though it wasn't entirely her fault. Am I right?

I think I know the episode you're talking about. It's the one where a black tv star asks Zoe out, but only because she's white.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Yes, that one. And also yes, the dude only seemed interested in Zoey only because she's the only girl in Penny's friend circle who's white. It's for that reason why I feel sorry for Zoey in this situation. She's always been very insecure about her looks regardless of which series we follow, a girl who only wants to be accepted for 'who' she is and not 'what' she is. And while she may enjoy dancing as much as all her friends, she's so insecure that she lacks confidence in her own abilities until it actually matters. And in that moment, it seemed like Zoey found someone who liked her, perhaps maybe even love her.

And yes, because this guy only dated white girls meant that Zoey would be awkward surrounded by all her friends. But they weren't being do nice either. At least, most of the girls (Even Michael) had a chance to meet some folk and find love in their own way. And just because Zoey's boyfriend may not have liked that group, didn't mean they had to treat Zoey like dirt. Hence, for that reason why I'm among the minority who feel Zoey didn't have to apologize when it wasn't 'her' that did anything wrong it was that guy. It's like a situation where she was only saying things that 'they' want to hear.

I guess I just felt very sorry for Zoey mainly because she had a shot at finding love, but turned out he was only interested in one thing. Hence, that was how I felt with my previous relationships up until today. Like I felt the only reason they went out with me was because of 'what' I was and not 'who' I was. That's more hurtful than being called an 'idiot' during a session I didn't want any part of.

Wildcard25
Group Contributor

Yeah I hear ya. And more so the boy himself dating Zoey wasn't featured so much. He just had the opening and a dialogue less scene at the end. So they didn't even have to portray him as being nasty or bias towards any of Zoey's friends. Which still in turn makes me question because they basically went off of a rumor they heard from Maya who heard it from someone else. That kind of thing could easily be taken out of context and could've meant something different, but no they just had to make it feel like it was always about the boy having a different preference to girls and not possibly about something different that they misread

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

The writing could've had some slight bit of improvement. Who knows? Maybe it turned out that he's actually very nice. But what we got is what we get.

The thing about Penny's friends is they have little to totally no loyalty.

Penny isn't very loyal herself, as she blantly ditched her boyfriend for Noah. It shows how shallow she can be. Same with Dijonay.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

They have always been a problem when it comes to loyalty. It's been that way since the first series. You think they'd learn by now. But all this goes to prove is that just because they've changed in age and shape, it doesn't mean they've learned to be better people.

I could write better scenarios surrounding a group of friends in my sleep if I felt like it.

Well they were definitely more loyal in the last episode. And that episode showed how corrupt Wizard Kelly is.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

It's one thing to show what we wanted to see in that group of friends for one episode. But that can't be a one-time deal. If the plan is to continue Prouder & Louder for one season more, consistency is a must.

But yeah, no surprise Wizard Kelly is as corrupt as any known businessman alive or fictional. They're mostly the same.

Wildcard25
Group Contributor

And to think Lilo left one of Jumba's experiments in Wizard Kelly's care in the crossover between Lilo & Stitch and the Proud Family

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Lilo's not one of the sharpest tools in the shed. She felt her heart was in the right place, but perhaps not quite the right person.

Wildcard25
Group Contributor

Latest news in Disney Plus. Disney cancels The Mighty Ducks: Game Changers and Big Shot after two seasons. Well with the way the series have been going especially Game Changers, the kids would be much older now. Too old they couldn't keep up appearances of what ages they're supposed to be in the show since time hasn't passed so far between the seasons before. So anybody still watching these can finish them of their own time knowing they don't have to worry about getting to another season

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

That's a shame. Now, I've never seen 'Big Shot', but I have followed the 'Game Changers' series and yet I've still haven't finished the second season. I do appreciate what they were trying to do and maybe by this point it would've been best to end the series with that season, especially what they were working toward. Least they had a good run with bringing the kids back on the ice.

Wildcard25
Group Contributor
Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Just discussed this on another post someone else made a topic about. But all the same, all we can do at this point is have some sliver of hope that this feature will most certainly be one of the better Live Action remakes in the Disney live action remake line-up. This should make for a rather 'interesting' year depending on whether this film or 'The Little Mermaid' does their source material justice.

Wildcard25
Group Contributor

Indeed, after Pinocchio my confidence in the live Disney remakes has dropped so hopefully this can restore some of my faith in them

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

The law of average does state that at least 'one' of them is bound to happen. I will admit I was gravely disappointed in Disney's attempt at a live action run for 'Pinocchio', one of the few movies to score a 100% on a review site. While I 'tried' to understand what they were intending to do, for me it felt as though they didn't hit the mark and some choices I felt were... rather unnecessary, that they were just thrown in there.

Who do you trust?

Wildcard25
Group Contributor

It'll be nice seeing Fury again after all this time

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Who can you trust indeed? The very term 'trust' itself is a rather touchy subject. If mishandled, there'd be great difficulty in gaining it back.

Wildcard25
Group Contributor

Get Ready for the Mayhem

Electric Mayhem is getting their own series now?
Sure, why not.

• Viewing 551 - 600 of 637