The Disney Chronicles 134 members · 5 stories
Comments ( 637 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 637
Dramamaster829
Group Admin

1. For me, this Disney+ streaming deal reminds me of the WWE Network where you can stream and watch everything wrestling related, from the old material to the new ones. This Disney+ ordeal may be Disney's most ambitious project to date, but they seem really intent on making this happen. Even though there's definitely some material some fans may question on whether it's Disney or not. But for now, let's go over all the trailers that is set to air on this site.

Tim Ribbert
Group Admin

Probably my least favourite trailers were Noelle and high school musical the musical the series man that a dumb title

Tim Ribbert
Group Admin

It seems they are putting a lot a love in it for Disney marvel star wars and national geographic fans

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

2. Okay let's see where we are working with on this 'Noelle' thing. So apparently there's some siblings of Kris Kringle, the brother is set to be the new Santa but cannot seem to get his act together and one small suggestion from the sister to take a weekend off and next thing you know Christmas is in trouble. So now there's this 'literal' cross-country adventure to find him in time for Christmas and the various scenes for this movie is almost like 'Enchanted' with this fish-out-of-water scenario and awkward moments. Now I dig Anna Kendrick, especially with her singing moments, though I'm not sure if this is that holiday special fans are going to be anxious to see. So far there definitely appears to be some 'tiny' adult humor that may either fly over the heads of the younger demographic or they 'will' get it and the parents may not be comfortable. Further study will be needed.

Tim Ribbert
Group Admin

It was originally ment to be in Cinemas

I already saw all that firsthand.

Tim Ribbert
Group Admin

Your thoughts

DGJabberwocky
Group Contributor

We also have three more Marvel shows

She Hulk
Ms Marvel
Moon Knight

cheerful9
Group Contributor

I'm excited about Lady and the Tramp!

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

3. Speaking of that 'High School' musical deal, aside from the title being a mouthful I'm still going through my head as to what they are trying to go for with this project. On one hand, it follows this trope of following the journey of a school putting together a musical and all the trials and tribulations into putting on a production. On the other, it seems to follow those very same tropes of all the behind the scene stuff we've seen where it turns out an ex couple that recently broke up suddenly is put in a situation where they have to work together (Almost reminiscent of 'Kiss Me Kate', which I proudly portrayed a 'Gangster'). While 'High School Musical' was a movie that, I will admit, was a guilty pleasure movie for me, I just don't know if that's enough to get me invested in this show.

Tim Ribbert
Group Admin

And then they dropped the s bomb in the trailer

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

4. It's no secret that 'Lady and the Tramp' was one of my favorite movies growing up, it may not be as epic as the more 'adventurous' movies or maybe it's one of those films that goes at a steadier pace but when it comes to the romantic stories of the rich girl falling for a guy on the streets this is the one movie I remember the most. Now in the years since all these 'Disney Remakes' started popping up, I've been cautiously optimistic (Even during the 90s when they were just starting out). I can already see the changes they want to do with this movie, I notice those 'Blink-and-you'll-miss-it' moments you can barely see on the trailer, and for CGI... Well, I would think it's better than most methods using talking dogs in live action format. While there is some concern this might be a 'shot-by-shot' remake, I'm curious to see if nearly 'every' moment in this movie will be done (Such as the scenes in the Zoo) or if the movie will go for more changes aside from casting changes (Like making the Scottish dog female for this remake). I'm keeping my fingers crossed hoping this remake turns out better than I think it would.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

5. Now this 'Encore' show, I am actually intrigued with this concept. An ensemble of former high school drama students, who have since either moved on to focusing on careers, raising families, or have been involved in a life changing experience that was either good or bad. Now to see them reliving that high school theatrical experience in an attempt to see if they still have what it takes, it almost makes anyone want to see if they can have that second chance at stardom or at least if that stage magic still resides in us all. If it were me, looking back on my high school experience, I would've loved to have been 'any' of the leads that I auditioned for because I always felt I was either held back in the chorus or forced to play a recurring role as those older figure characters. I suppose if there was a part I 'did' want to do during high school out of all the shows I've ever done, I honestly would've wanted to be Fred Graham from 'Kiss Me Kate' because I knew I could pull it off.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

6. Now in terms of what Goldblum is going for with this program... What is the real 'drive' behind the show? As the trailer is trying to communicate with us, Jeff Goldblum is going everywhere, curious about all of life's natural wonders, and wants to go with it as if he's just having a better understanding or something? I mean I've seen a few shows where are these guys going around the world either teaching us about how to survive if we were stranded some place or understanding the culture with it's natural landmarks or even the flavor of the cuisine that the countries are known for. Yet here I think this program itself is just to make it clear that Jeff Goldblum is still at work being his usual quirky self that we either like or maybe aren't as favorable to. I don't know, I'm going to need to really think about this program.

Tim Ribbert
Group Admin

If he's not turning into a human fly he's cutting thor's hair and being chased by dinosaurs

Tim Ribbert
Group Admin

Bear grylls for example

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

7. Now for this one segment on this 'One Day' deal, anyone who has ever wanted to work for Disney in any field can learn a lot from this show. Whether it's a behind the scenes look at working in the park or being part of the filmmaking department or even putting together a production for the Disney Theatrical company, it seems like this show must have a ton of things. After all, our country if not the world has grown up on Disney that it is such a powerful enterprise we practically see it almost everywhere we go. And yet we wonder: What is it truly like to work for the company represented by a lovable mouse? That's what we hope this series hopes to do, by giving us that glimpse of a day in the life of these Imagineers and keep it interesting.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

8. Now I may not be the biggest 'Star Wars' fan in the world, but if there's one thing I know about Mandalorians is that they are notorious bounty hunters. Looking through this trailer, I've went in completely blind not knowing what the story of this series and/or movie is going to be about. It seems to me this is exploring the 'darker' sides of Star Wars, the slums of the galaxy where a single Mandalorian is either off searching for their latest bounty or perhaps they stumbled onto something so big that they end up playing a big part in it. What we can tell is that this particular bounty hunter seems dangerous, if the helmets of all those soldiers are of any consideration. But I do think this project has potential, we just have to wait and see.

Tim Ribbert
Group Admin

And to let you all know it will cost $6.99 a month when it launched in November 12th

DGJabberwocky
Group Contributor

Bugger! Money grabbing b-!!!!

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

You'd think first time members can get a 'free' month and THEN pay the $6.99 a month deal. I mean that doesn't sound like 'a lot' of money, which in a way is probably less than how much it costs to watch WWE programming on the network. But still, I'm not sure if people are going to be willing to pay almost 7 bucks just to watch Disney material if they have most of the filmography they can watch for free (At least 'after' they paid the original price per copy). I'm definitely going to have a lot to think about before making any commitments.

Tim Ribbert
Group Admin

They probably will do that they just hasn't announced it yet

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Well I shouldn't think so right away. But if we want to do a smart business strategy, they can at least offer their fans a free trial to have this idea of what it be like to use their 'Streaming' service whether they are on the road or at home with nothing to do or even for a brief break period. Then once their trial is up, that leaves them with two choices:

A. They can quit their streaming service at that time if they'd rather not waste a small portion of their money fearing they won't have enough to pay their bills.

Or B. They 'agree' to pay that same 'small amount' to watch anything Disney related (Even material that 'surprisingly' got onto the Disney+ service deal) because regardless of the circumstance this service could be every Disney fan's dream. Especially if they don't want to spend their time looking around a store for a certain movie they want, only to leave disappointed that they couldn't find it.

I don't live in your country. Sorry.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

I'm sure you don't have to 'live' in that particular country just to stream Disney movies. I'd assume it can be accessed on any public computer or iPhone.

Tim Ribbert
Group Admin

Neither do I mate

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Anyways as far as 'Disney+' goes, they've got a solid selection for fans to go with so far. But the question is, like concerning Disney films for example: What if the versions we get aren't the ones we watched growing up? Like for example we want to watch 'The Rescuers Down Under' but sadly they cut out a few parts like they did when they occasionally air on Disney Channel or Freeform (Formerly ABC Family) and only because there are some sequences that may be too scary for the kids (Like when McCleach hurled his knives at Cody trying to get him to say where Marahute's nest is).

Except I don't know how to use streaming services like Netflix as dealing with real money is just not my area of expertise.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Oh yeah... 'That'.

Well if you can't use the streaming service, perhaps you can always wait until there's eventually a couple Blu-ray copies at a store to purchase (Once money isn't a big issue, eventually). Or if it is most fortunate, maybe they'll eventually get a release on television provided there are certain elements that aren't removed for questionable reasons (Mostly time constraints).

I'd rather do it for free, in my device. One download and a strong network is all needed, free of charge. Using this method, I was able to download mostly Disney animated classics and moderns on my device. As of now I have about 10+ movies in storage. Also via this method was I able to obtain Avengers: Endgame without hassle, all comfty in home.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Well whatever works for you I would advice you keep doing so. News of the arrival of this Disney+ ordeal is still in working order and there are still tons of material we still know next to nothing about. Several of which that were promoted long before the D23 event has even further still to have a trailer to give some early constructive criticism, like that 'Monsters at Work' series for example.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Well now... This should be rather interesting. I must say the two characters definitely look as if they'd make for quite a couple. We shall have to see how this escalates when the series is set to air.

New Lady and the Tramp trailer just come out!

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Yes it did come out. Plenty of fans seem to like the trailer, whereas others are still a bit under the fence about it. Quite frankly I don't blame them.

Tim Ribbert
Group Admin

High school musical the musical the series gets renewed for a second series

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Sheesh, already? What did the first series just come out on the Disney+? Because if it is, I'm completely in the dark about it.

Must be very popular to have done so.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

And the hits just keep on coming with this Disney+ ordeal. They are really pushing for all of these shows.

Tim Ribbert
Group Admin

would you like to give your opinion on each one?

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

1. I like the bit with the piano deal Jeff does promoting his show. Clearly showing that he's having fun trying to understand everything as possible. Though I'm still a bit on the fence as I've seen these kind of shows before.

2. It's funny, years ago 'The Simpsons' was poking fun at Disney being an 'evil corporation' and now they are forced to work with them for this streaming service.

3. I'm still rather interested in what this show will deliver. The idea of seeing adults attempting to relive their high school drama days despite the obstacles they encounter along the way. I'm curious to see if they can manage to pull it off.

4. The assembly they got going offers a wide variety for all types of Disney fans. I just hope there are no restrictions as far as what we can see on here. Chances are I doubt we'll get to see 'everything' made by Disney.

5. I like the effort of trying to keep this Mandalorian guy as mysterious as possible. We know he's a bounty hunter, he collects his payment from any criminals he finds, but he's clearly against those Empire like guys. Where his allegiance lies remains to be determined. This show leaves me very curious.

Tim Ribbert
Group Admin

apparently they are including the 90s x men and spider man cartoons

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Really? Well this should be rather interesting. I did grow up with those cartoons when they were big. Not to mention their opening themes had some really sick beats!

Tim Ribbert
Group Admin

What your thoughts on each one from pixar

1. IT is awesome! I would Love to Try IT in RL.

2. Looks interesting

3. It’s going be a lot fun with Forky. Too BAD Woody wouldn’t be around anymore.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

1. So, basically... It's one of those shows where they take a moment and reenact the scenes and characters? I suppose it could be fun.

2. I loved the SparkShorts! After seeing the first three that were released earlier this year, I am curious to see how the other three will turn out. Based on what we know about the upcoming shorts very soon, I'm curious about that segment with the autistic character connecting with a fellow paddler on that boat ride.

3. We can say what we will about 'Toy Story 4', but Forky definitely had some funny moments during the movie. It's no surprise he's bound to have many questions being that it wasn't long ago that he was brought to life through unknown circumstances. I just hope he doesn't get into those, 'What is life?' questions because even I don't know the answer to that one.

Tim Ribbert
Group Admin

You like the movie?

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

No but I heard Forky was a big part of it. Of course, now that the movie is out on a Redbox, I 'can' watch it if I feel like going into a store and renting it even for just a day. At least to determine how I personally feel about the movie.

Tim Ribbert
Group Admin

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 637