1970-1977

1981-1989

1990-1999

2000-2009

2010-2019

2020-2029

MarioBrony
Group Contributor

Whether it takes to the end of time or not, i will faithfully stand by Dino and his endeavors.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

This list is actually going to help me big time when I work on my new threads.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Just one nitpick: Where’s the third Pirates movie?

I'M SOOOO EXCITING! :pinkiehappy:
Get ready girls… because you will have many adventures!! :twilightsmile::rainbowdetermined2::ajsmug::flutterrage::raritystarry::pinkiehappy::moustache:

Tim Ribbert
Group Admin

I've updated the list

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

There we go. Thanks.

cheerful9
Group Contributor

Don't forget 'Mary Poppins Returns'.

Tim Ribbert
Group Admin

Not really sure is gonna do Mary poppins returns

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

I don't blame you for having this uncertainty. There are tons of films that Disney has worked on but not all of them makes the cut. It seems like at this point this whole list was set-up because this is what 'Dino' had planned for the series to go on. Sure there have been other lists that said what movies the series could cover and another list of all the 'possible' guest stars. But at this stage of the game, nothing is ever set in stone and if there's one thing I've learned is that plans are constantly changing no matter if you like it or not. Until it's been confirmed with Dino himself if he even wants to 'Mary Poppins Returns', all we can assume is that the only feature we're focused on is the very first flick and let's face it up till now we never thought there'd be a sequel.

Dinodisneylover1
Group Admin

I've also decided to do one of A Goofy Movie and possibly Mickey, Donald and Goofy: The Three Musketeers.

Tim Ribbert
Group Admin

Right thank you for telling me

Tim Ribbert
Group Admin

Ok dino said that he's gonna do a goofy movie and maybe mickey Donald goofy the 3 musketeers

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Mr. Ribbert, I can read 'every' comment on this thread. I did not need to be told what Dino said unless it was privately discussed between the two of you and if his comments weren't on here to begin with. But least now we know there are indeed some features that are 'officially' on the list. I will admit 'A Goofy Movie', while it could NEVER be among the fifty something Walt Disney Animation Studios list, courtesy of DisneyToon Studios, it's still a cult classic. And even if we don't know the guy behind 'Eye to Eye' or 'Stand Out', those songs for me are the biggest highlights of the feature.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

In a way it does make sense to do 'The Three Musketeers', at least the one with Mickey, Donald, and Goofy (And several familiar faces). After all, the ponies would have very rarely shared an adventure with all three of Disney's most notable characters. There is that 'Mickey and the Beanstalk' segment in 'Fun and Fancy Free', but that's besides the point.

And what about "Frankenweenie"?

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

If Dino is not going to do it and it hasn't been put on the list by Mr. Ribbert himself, chances are that movie is not going to be touched upon. Even though it is based off a short Mr. Burton did some years ago, there was never a guarantee that movie was going to be covered.

Ok. Thank you
I was just asking

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

It's all good. Figured it would be polite to leave you with an answer. But I feel for you: I'm sure 'Frankenweenie' is a good movie to work with. It was nominated for several awards and even won a Saturn. Not to mention it was positively received and had a modest box office run. At the end of the day, however, we must remind ourselves that Dino is the one who calls all the shots and circumstances being as it is... Not every movie is going to make the cut.

Tim Ribbert
Group Admin

Which ones are you most looking forward to?

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

As far as the stories I'm most looking forward to, anything from the 'Disney Renaissance' will definitely be the most enjoyable to read about. All of which are essentially 'animated broadway' style features with great stories, unforgettable characters, and killer animation (Though 'Rescuers Down Under' doesn't get as much praise as the other films, but I think it's still decent). 'Beauty and the Beast' amongst the entire Walt Disney Animation Studios films is the ONLY feature to be nominated for Best Picture, not counting the Pixar movies, and essentially it's the only feature thus far to pull it off.

But it's not just films from the Renaissance I'm looking forward to. 'Bambi' has always been a film that stays close to my heart even for it's simplicity, I'll essentially enjoy their adventures in the 'Pooh' films for the nostalgia, Zootopia is one of the best animation films I've seen in years (Being among the most relative in today's modern society), and some of the Pixar movies the series is doing I'm curious as to how the Chronicles will pull them off (Essentially with the Toy Story movies).

Tim Ribbert
Group Admin

Updated the list again

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

My latest threads for this week will be posted sometime tomorrow. Expect a double-feature type of day, as I go over not only one of the most notable sci-fi adventure in a world inside a computer and several video games but also one of the most underrated dark-fantasy features of all time.

cheerful9
Group Contributor

Some of the ones I'm looking forward to are 'The Little Mermaid', 'Beauty and the Beast', and 'Zootopia'.:pinkiehappy:

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

I can assure you that those threads in general will come in due time. I have much to discuss concerning these features, this I will only say this much.

cheerful9
Group Contributor
Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Course comparing this list with other lists that were out long before this was assembled, I need to always hear from Dino if there are certain features he was working on. Otherwise, I'm staying as close to how this list is set as much as possible.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Attention Disney Chronicles fanatics, my latest thread for the series has just been posted. Stay tuned next week when I prepare to upload my 'biggest' set to date before I leave for Alaska.

Tim Ribbert
Group Admin

Biggest sets?

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Precisely since I'll be gone for two weeks after next week, I need to post more than usual next week to ensure that my absence was worth it. Plus, I need to ask Dino if he is covering this one movie I noticed was not on the list.

Tim Ribbert
Group Admin

What missing from the list

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

'The Brave Little Toaster'. In the other list, it follows before 'Oliver and Company' even though it's an Offshore Disney movie... Though in my book I wouldn't call it 'Disney'. If Dino says he's also covering that feature, that will be included on a thread but if not... I'm sticking with the official line-up of this list with at least 'three' official Walt Disney Animated Studios features. Each of them was going to be for each week, but due to my trip, I'll have to do them all at once. That way folks will have plenty of time to talk about the movies until I get back.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

So I just got back with 'Dino' about the 'Brave Little Toaster' and there's a slight chance that might be a segment for a 'sister' series if that should commence. So I'm afraid I won't be covering that movie as a thread in this group. But there are definitely some films I will go over next week, just as a heads up.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

As a heads-up to all 'Disney Chronicle' fans, aside from the few movies I am to go over starting as early as Sunday, I'm putting together enough threads to get to as far as 'August' at the rate I'm going. The subjects I'll go over may be subject to change depending on the release of the second half of the final season of 'Friendship is Magic' but for now I'm just playing it by year so I have something in advance to post by those specific dates (Most of the weeks I have planned are double features). During which time, I'll need to clear a rumor about one movie that was originally on the list and whether that will be covered or not (More on that later).

Also as a shoutout to Mr. Ribbert, if it's possible could you pin this particular list so I don't have to go digging for this. I may be using this more than the other lists that are on this forum and it would make it 'easier' for me. Thank you.

Comment posted by Tim Ribbert deleted Jun 28th, 2019
Comment posted by Tim Ribbert deleted Jun 28th, 2019
Tim Ribbert
Group Admin

Sorry tried to but I can't this interface is confusing but I've updated the list

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

You know what? That's okay. I'll just come back here every now and then to give an update on when the threads are set or if an update is in order.

Maybe only the heads of the forum can do the pinning and all they have to do is click the symbol that looks like those pins in the office.

Tim Ribbert
Group Admin

Got promoted as Administrator on the Disney chronicles group

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

AWESOME man! That is definitely a high honor. Course I'm still just a contributor myself but no biggie. Besides, I already got a ton of work to do for the group anyway. Just need to put the finishing touches on my threads I'm hoping to post tomorrow (Provided something doesn't come up). But nevertheless, this will ensure that I had something prepared in the two weeks I'll be absent after this week. I deserve a break given recent turn of events.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

In case no one has noticed yet, 'The Haunted Mansion' has been confirmed to be included in the line-up following this list's comparison with a previous list. It's still undecided as to whether 'James and the Giant Peach' will also be explored as the rumors go, but a further update will be brought up after further discussion takes place.

What about DuckTales the Movie?

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. But something tells me that if Dino had wanted to cover that feature, being it was one of the few Disneytoon Studio films to get a theatrical release, he would've said he'd cover it. But with that being said, something tells me that probably won't happen since that too wasn't on the 'other' lists either. I mean I can rant about how even the old Ducktales series was a slight bit flawed, especially the way they portrayed Webby and how difficult it was to distinguish the nephews from one another even though their classic look held up, but at least the movie itself was rather fun and entertaining. Plus you can always count on Christopher Lloyd to do a decent job as a villain character.

Tim Ribbert
Group Admin

Well this is a good selection of stories

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Oh yes I should think so. Rather than dwelling on what the list doesn't have, we should be grateful that there is a much wider selection we are covering. The fans should be 'very' lucky; otherwise, if it had just been the 'Walt Disney Animation Studios' official films in general the series wouldn't appear as long as it should. At least the series has decided to cover nearly 'every' Pixar films and any live action pictures that are fortunate enough to be full time Disney instead of just sharing the credit for the development.

Tim Ribbert
Group Admin

Updated the List with some new posters for frozen 2 and onwards

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

I was wondering why the posters looked different earlier this morning. Could definitely help getting some decent group shots of the ponies in there. I've seen one user's attempt at making a poster for 'Roger Rabbit' and... God that was the crappiest poster job I've ever seen. It's like a really bad tattoo assignment when someone writes 'No Regerts' instead of 'No Regrets'.

Nice list!!!!

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

What you see is 'every' movie that the Disney Chronicles plans to do. From the Walt Disney Animations Studios department (Which I first assumed we were mainly covering), a couple live action movies (Not ALL of them or this will take forever), a couple films from sister companies related to Disney, and Pixar because... Well because some people will get butt-hurt if they are ignored. Unless something is added, I'm already covering every movie on this list via the threads I've put together.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 70