The Disney Chronicles 134 members · 5 stories
Comments ( 345 )
  • Viewing 51 - 100 of 345
Dramamaster829
Group Admin

You know Big Mike, when you mention that one little fact suddenly that laugh the crazy Kangaroo does suddenly sounds familiar. I can't believe I didn't put that together from that 'Lady and the Tramp' feature before. I guess whomever was developing 'Crash Bandicoot' during that time must've been a 'fans' of the movie or they decided it just sounds right for the part. Even though the Kangaroo didn't have much of a character to explore and served only for the main protagonist to fight.

Though if the ponies are creeped out by this one Hyena alone, just wait till they meet that one trio in 'The Lion King'.

Sherman Brothers

- Richard M. Sherman did some music for the Marvel Cinematic Universe film Iron Man 2, whose parent would soon be under Disney's umbrella in.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Is that what Richard Sherman had did? Well, he's certainly been busy in the music department branching out from regular family flicks. The guy could live all the way up to a hundred if he wanted to. He clearly has a strong will if we hadn't noticed.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

I just found out that in Oliver and Company's Streets of Gold scene, Aurora makes a cameo appearance as a newyorker!

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Really?! I might have to take another look at that scene to be sure. But if that is totally legit... Hope it gets a reference when the ponies do that one adventure in the series.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Nice to see you (or at least, read from you) again. How was Alaska?

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

That was a rather odd place to incorporate a modern song during that era, but... They wanted to make some money and it is 'kind of catchy'... It just depends on how well the audience takes pop culture references.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

The Lion King
Zazu was voiced by Rowan Sebastian Atkinson CBE (a.k.a. Mr. Bean)

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Up until I was introduced to 'Mr. Bean', I never would've known that was what Rowan Atkinson was known for. Of course, I believe I got my actual start with Mr. Bean when I saw 'Mr. Bean's Holiday' then I eventually saw some of his earlier skits as well as his first actual movie. Although I will say if I have to compare the movies that featured his character, 'Mr. Bean's Holiday' still remains a favorite to me personally. But say what you will about Zazu: He may be a stick in the mud when it comes to the kingdom's traditions and how things should run, but he is steadily loyal to the rightful king and he does have his moments in the movie. Especially the joke about 'Small World' which even Scar agrees has grown into a rather annoying song even though the message says otherwise.

MarioBrony
Group Contributor

I sure hope you're right! It sure would be something to see her again in such a unique time and place!

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

She'd be lucky if she had a rather short reference during 'Oliver and Company'. Although we should bear in mind that given the time period of New York in comparison to where Aurora was during her own time, she may be a Descendant of the Aurora the girls and their friends know. Unless she was teleported toward that world to keep an eye on the girls, to make sure they don't get themselves into too much trouble.

MarioBrony
Group Contributor
Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Well a Disney fan can only dream I suppose. Course when it comes to Disney cameos, Aurora isn't the only one who made a cameo during that movie. Let's not even forget that Pongo in some ways has a bit of a cameo in the movie, considering there's a Dalmation who looks like the dude especially during the 'Why Should I Worry' scene.

And from Lady and the Tramp~

Wildcard25
Group Contributor

6931172 I watched the Mr. Bean skits when I learned there was a first movie featuring him long before Mr. Bean's Holiday

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Hmm... Why yes, I do believe there are a few cameos from those guys.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Oh yeah, those are fun aren't they? A shame that Mr. Atkinson couldn't quite continue the role of Zazu after the first feature though. What with him being a rather busy fellow and all. Although I've heard the complaints from those who recently saw the remake that it is a shot-by-shot remake and the whole facial expression issue, while I am expecting it to be the case... I actually have plans to go see it this weekend. Mainly because I don't really have anything else to do that Friday night and a friend was begging me to take them. So... Who am I to say no after that?

Here's Richard Sherman's piece for Iron Man 2 and since, this theme is associated with the Starks. This was also played in Captain America: The First Avenger.

And who would have thought that they would reprise this again in Avengers: Endgame as a fitting reminder that he started all this, and now he finishes it.

This is also quite fitting for Walt Disney himself, considering he and Howard Stark have similar goals.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

In a way, I suppose I can see a 'tiny' similarity between Walt and Howard, even though we 'barely' get to know Howard Stark in all the movies the MCU have featured the guy in. But in a way, Stark 'did' have a goal that ultimately his son would finish just as Walt had his dream for all the things Disney could be. That it would be more than just a simple animation studio, but a company that could grow to accomplish 'great' things and for the most part... It did. Heck, if it weren't for Disney in general, we'd hardly look at the Marvel movies the way we do now (Although they were pretty much doing films for different companies BEFORE Disney came in).

The Lion King

*The sound effects used for the lion characters are recorded from tigers. Only three sounds from three separate scenes are from actual lions: When Simba attacks Nala, second when Nala first attacks the hyena clan, a growl can be heard, and third when Simba and Scar fought, a rough growl can be heard.
*The sound byte heard from roaring lions is the one used on the 1982 MGM logo, created by Mark Mancina.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Well, I guess whatever works so long as the audience doesn't care. Sure they worked with lions during production of the Lion King, but perhaps the roars they were looking for weren't quite what they needed. Still, as long as the scenes themselves were still enjoyable, I suppose no one would really mind. If we were in their place when it came to creating the sound effects needed for certain characters, we'd understand better as to why certain measures were made. Nobody asks for 'perfection', they just want it to be engaging for the fans.

It worked because people can distinguish the sounds lions and tigers make.

Tigers were chosen because they have more sharp, ear-piercing noises, whereas lions' voices sounded like a rusty old 20th century botorbike running on diesel. When they growl, their voices bubble up.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Makes sense to me, even though it's been a while since I've gone to a zoo or watch Animal Planet to know.

Least the Tigers have been good for something other than being the antagonists for stubborn little boys who won't leave the jungle (The original, not the remake).

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Frozen

• Anna is left-handed.
  • Olaf can’t bend his arms.
  • Anna’s horse’s name is Havski, while Han’s name is Sitron.
  • One of Anna’s favorite desserts is krumkake—a thin waffle-like cookie shaped like an ice-cream cone and stuffed with sweet fillings.
  • For us computer graphics who specialized in modeling/rigging/animation, Elsa has more than four hundred thousand individual strands of hair. Excuse me *Goes out the door and screams*

Tangled
Rapunzel’s hair is seventy feet long.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

The Princess and the Frog

1. The genie’s lamp can be seen in Mama Odie’s boat.

Pinkie: “Hello? Genie? Are you in there?”

What about the ‘hidden Mickey’? I remember seeing those iconic image of Mickey Mouse in few Disney movies in odd places.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Huh... You know, I actually did not notice that one bit of detail. Though you have to wonder if this lamp still has an occupant or if it's empty since the Genie was technically freed.

It’s probably empty by now that Genie is freed to roam around the world, unless it was a different Genie lamp other than our big blue buddy.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

We'd have to bear in mind that a similar tea set was found in Jane's camp in that 'Tarzan' movie but they could very well be replicas.

That is the possibility...is other stuffs found in another worlds also a replicas?

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

That's the thing with Disney Easter Eggs, whether it's for the Animation Studios division or Pixar. Just because there happen to be things that bear similarities to those that appear from previous films, is it canon that they happen to be part of those features at all? Or could we be looking at this as an effect of The Book? That traces of it's magic may cause 'hallucinations' as to what appears to be relics of old from previous adventures but they might just be wandering spirits or shrines of a previous decade. Like 'Notre Dame' for example. It appears to be Belle walking the streets with a book in her hands, but when Twilight tries to approach Belle... She may just as easily disappear.

Perhaps, the B.O.D has mysterious powers that we know of and still puzzling of what else the book has in store for the Ponies.

As for the Easter eggs, must have been the energies from other worlds to manfist to replican into Mon-living objects or even sudden images from the memories.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

All the more adding to the mystery itself as far as what the book is capable of. The group still has no idea about many things in regards to the Book and Yen Sid only gave the 'condensed' version as to what the Book itself is capable of. Yet the book itself chose to crash into Equestria for a reason as if it knew the ponies would have a role to play in all these adventures. The book may indicate in the instructions that it can promise fun and adventure for all its readers, but is that the 'only' reason?

One can easily say that the energy overtime leaks into other worlds revealing these 'Easter Eggs' manifesting 'memories' in some form. At least to justify why at times these moments happen in the movies. Even the Hidden Mickeys for instance, what if they weren't just random symbols hidden in the movies? Like if the symbols indicate some form of hidden magic.

Indeed, those symbols was for the fun of Eastering, I love playing it like a game with my friends to find the most Hidden Mickey to win.

In this Story, perhaps those could be Part of the connections Links to other worlds and gave life to it that the book has Magic of it’s own.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

It's possible. After all, it wouldn't be an accident having these Mickey 'links' in random places in Each movie.

Which there Links always there in each movie was strange and wonder if there’s more to it than a Mickey blue clue and it would explain other occurences in the Heart of the book itself.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Some of these Hidden Mickeys were even hidden in some earlier Disney films that the cast has already passed, though you wouldn't know because they are those 'blink and miss' moments. There's a link online that indicates there are 39 or more Hidden Mickeys in several Disney films from over the years.

Indeed, there going to be more in the future until we like Granny Smith in the futuristic rocking chair.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

More than a futuristic rocking chair. A chair that a pony wouldn't have to move themselves, but have an element of magical ability that allows the chair to walk itself especially when Granny Smith suddenly finds herself unable to walk anymore even given how strong a lass she is for her age. It's like Pietro's chair in that new season of 'RWBY', whose chair was able to walk itself through some scientific means. You got to admit that was pretty cool.

Maybe, if Granny Smith would want the thing that move around and she’s seem the type of Not liking tech machine.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Granny Smith has never been a pony known for modern conveniences. If anything, she always liked things done on the farm through the hard work of the pony alone. Sure when she was introduced, she seemed to rely on those things the elderly would use when they cannot walk themselves. But it seems over the years that Granny Smith has improved to the point she doesn't need that walker thing.

Well, she did live on the farm since the founding of Ponyville is so old and she still kicking and dancing, but she’s very fragile and at her age should be careful about.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Especially considering that time skip may indicate Granny Smith won't be around forever. If anything, Applejack coming into possession of Granny's neck thing is like a passing of the torch. We can just as well assume that eventually Applejack and Big Mac inherited the farm or maybe A.J. eventually is now in charge. Whatever the case, at least Big Mac is happily married with their own little youngster who may one day be as hard-working as Big Mac and Sugar Belle.

Maybe eventually they'll hire a farm hand even though that pony likes 'bananas' if you get my reference.

Eeyup.

The Apple farm is in good hooves now like long generations done so will live on.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

And a good thing. So we can reckon that the Flim-Flam brothers have given up on taking Applejack's family home since the farm is still under their hooves. But then again, they 'did' help in taking down the bad guys during the finale. Unless they only did so because if any pony should be getting their grubby hooves on the farm it should be them. Although, whether Applejack wanted to or not, she 'did' get the brothers together when an Elvis Presley rip-off tried to break them apart.

That’s they try their luck on the university of friendship for a quick cash scheme.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Yeah some things about the boys won't change. The urge to make a few quick bits is just too tempting even for reformed con artists. After all, without ponies to scheme off of should the Legion of Doom had succeeded, there'd be no money to go around. They'd be out of a job, so they had to help.

Eeyup, a businessponies knows best how to switch things around.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Precisely. In order to get their customers, they must help them... To help themselves.

• Viewing 51 - 100 of 345