The Disney Chronicles 134 members · 5 stories
Comments ( 788 )
  • Viewing 751 - 800 of 788

Well, they don't necessarily have to be like a parental relationship to fit. I could easily imagine Applejack, Rarity, and Rainbow Dash freaking out a bit for their little sisters (officially or honorary) and maybe they each felt like the CMCs were growing into their own but growing further from them, as if they did not need them anymore. And likely after the misunderstood call from Max's principal, they along with Goofy would see an opportunity to reconnect with the kids via an outdoor experience out on the open road.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Well... I suppose when you put it that way, it does make sense. But then again, Rarity tried to do all the things she used to do with Sweetie Belle when she was much younger, only to discover that Sweetie has grown so much that she's developed her own interests and desires. Not to suggest the idea of this sisterly development couldn't possibly work for this movie, but it's important to remember what was done. Then again, Applejack was still babying Apple Bloom prior to the events of 'Pinocchio'...

I suppose it could work.

Not to mention, a part of the girls will still think of the CMC as their "little" sisters, even though they acknowledge how much they've grown. That said, being "big sisters", they will still have that overprotectiveness to them for the girls, and believing that their little sisters dressed up like "gang members" along with Max and put the whole school "into a riot" would surely shock them into relapsing into old habits.

I mean, it has been known to happen: when one feels like they lose control or their worldview of something is challenged, the sudden shock of the situation can trigger such an emotional response that would elicit such a powerful relapse and emphasize their "big sister" instincts.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

They'll have good intentions, but when you don't listen to what the other party has to say about their version of events and only believe what someone else said about them... where does trust come in? It's almost like a betrayal of sorts. That you'd take the word of a stranger rather than your own family. Not to suggest that family is never in the wrong, but it's important to hear the story from both parties before making decisions. Otherwise, for all intents and purposes, you end up making the biggest mistake of your life.

Yeah... but still, that's why it would be a buddy comedy. Misunderstandings are a give-in, and not even the Mane Six are immune to such circumstances.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

They never once said they were 'flawless', they even said so themselves in one of their own songs. I'm just merely suggesting a warning as far as consequences are concerned.

Just got done rewatching The Good Dinosaur. I feel any encounters here would be unique given that Arlo's Family wouldn't be used to talking mammals. Plus the girls have encounters with both humans and dinosaurs alike at this point, so I can imagine they could relate some experience there thinking back on stuff.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

It'll be a most unusual meeting between the two groups. And we all know how fidgety Arlo is, like Pixar's Piglet but in Dinosaur form. Maybe it wasn't one of Pixar's 'best' movies in the whole line-up, but it wasn't too bad. I find the animation of the landscape and the music beautiful.

Likewise. I like the film and all, but I admit it is slower paced with more quiet moments compared to Pixar's usuals; not that moments where you taking the scenery are bad by any stretch of the imagination.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Slower paced are definitely two key words in this movie. What I've always been curious the most was how they survived the multiple winters. It's one thing this was a dimension where they survived the meteor showers because the meteor didn't hit the planet at that time. Was there 'no' winter as a result?

I just got back from a trip to the Walt Disney World Resort and meeting Mickey Mouse while visiting the parks gave me an idea. What if during a later point in the series, Mickey visits the Equestrians and demonstrates how much he’s grown as a sorcerer? I’m guessing he might gain enough experience under Yen Sid’s guidance to properly control the walking broomsticks and maybe get a sorcerer’s hat of his own. That is, assuming he hasn’t made anymore mistakes along the way.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Well... maybe.

There's nothing wrong with considering having Mickey Mouse a recurring character depending on the audience reception of his initial portrayal. But do not forget that Mickey Mouse is 'not' just encountered as a sorcerer. Eventually, the girls will be transported to a desolate Happy Valley (Unless they arrive 'before' the Singing Harp is taken) and when they do see Mickey again, he's a farmer along with two of his friends. Being a sorcerer's apprentice is just 'one' job that Mickey has. Never forget that.

Oh, right. I forgot that “Fun and Fancy Free” was part of the “Disney Chronicles” line up, and you’re right about Mickey Mouse having multiple jobs. That’s part of what makes him a great character. Even the shorts released back in 2013 addressed this. It really emphasizes how much of an Everyman or should I say “Everymouse” Mickey is when it comes to his talents and skill sets. Regarding “Fun and Fancy Free” and the overall continuity of “Disney Chronicles” though, I wonder how Mickey, Donald, and Goofy end up living in Happy Valley. That’s sure to be quite a mystery.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

That hasn't entirely been determined as of yet. But if there is 'any' form of connection, I'm certain we'll figure it out in due time.

I thought of something for My Little Pony: The Disney Chronicles: The Little Mermaid.

After the defeat of Ursula and the merpeople turned back to normal, King Triton apologizes to the Mane Six, Spike, Skystar and Ariel for his doubts about humans. Twilight Sparkle told King Triton that not all humans are bad, because she and her friends made friends with other humans during their previous adventures. If the human world and the merworld will come together, the magic of friendship will spread across the land and sea, just like in Equestria.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

I sure hope he apologizes, considering the fact that he just destroyed all of Ariel's stuff and probably reprimanded the girls (And Spike) for standing up to people. I'm not going to deny, even if he was trying to protect his daughter, what do you accomplish by yelling at her? That does make me wonder what they'll do with Triton during the premier this week.

Saw Elemental today. It was worth it with some beautiful animation and feels from Pixar as usual. Not to mention the early short to pay our last respects to Ed Asner as Cark Fredrickson. I mean I had some good cries throughout this. Although I will admit the gag with the literal crying waterworks came up too much. Don't write it too much off as just a love story or an allegory to real life culture clash. That's a big part of it, but I thought that Pixar was really bringing their a-game to this one. I could have waited for the Disney Plus showing like a lot of people, but I decided to go and see this one with the family just today. As for story potential I can see that Ember has a lot of potential for a relating with certain characters as far as stress and burdens go. I have a feeling that Twilight would have to constantly throw her shields up given the nature of the environment and it's inhabitants compared to ponies. Also wonder how we can have a gag on the pony side having an Ember of its own.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

I meant to see this movie last Friday during opening night, but my weekend was extraordinarily busy. But luckily, I intend to see it with my friend this Friday. I know there have been some odd complaints about the movie, but on the other hand there are 'also' some people who enjoyed it (Some saying it's 'cute', even though I HATE that word). In the end, how I feel about the movie 'personally' will be based on my own take.

Here is the idea that I come up with for My Little Pony: The Disney Chronicles: Pocahontas.

When Fluttershy tries to convince the settlers to call off the war, Little Strongheart come out of nowhere to help out. But this causes Governor Ratcliffe to think that Little Strongheart is one of the savages, and locked her and Fluttershy up to make sure they don't interfere. Fluttershy asked Little Strongheart what will they do to stop this, and she answered in sadness, "Nothing. There's nothing we can do about it. They have their minds already made up."

I can see how this can work, and Little Strongheart would fit in the story.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

It could work. And Little Strongheart would fit the setting of this project very well. And besides, we hadn't really seen much of her since the first season.

What about Applejack's cousin, Braeburn? He's part of the Guest List for My Little Pony: The Disney Chronicles: Pocahontas.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

You didn't put his name 'anywhere' in your suggestions. But I'm sure he could be of use. Just haven't quite determined that fully. But still, he is Applejack's cousin. Dino wouldn't have him on the guest list out of boredom.

I think Wanda means on Phanton Dragon's thread for Guest Stars. If that is the case, then I double-checked and he is on it.

That's what I mean.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

I know what she was talking about. I read the guest list thrice.

Idea for Pocahontas:

Braeburn lands in early 17th century London and ends up going on the voyage with the crew to Virginia.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

It's a possibility. At least a portion of the group, or a mere one ends up on the voyage to Virginia while everyone else ends up with the Native Americans. This could add some additional conflict for the Mane Six and their allies because they are only gaining 'one' side of the story from whichever end they are on and, even if they realize all this fighting was for nothing, neither the settlers or native Americans will be willing to cooperate. At least not until it's too late.

I thought of something for My Little Pony: The Disney Chronicles: Tarzan. During the film, Kerchek the leader of the gorillas was racist against Tarzan because he's a human, not a gorilla. But for Twilight and her friends, they have to teach Kerchek not to be a racist against different races, but it could be difficult. And I think it might be an important lesson for everyone to know about racism too.

"Never be a racist against someone who was not part of yours"

Sounds like a good idea.

Though, if this idea is included, we best phrase that in a way that makes sense for "Tarzan". Such as, "No matter what our kind, we all have a lot of common. So why should the few differences between our kinds be more important than our many sames?"

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

He does make a point. That's an important theme for the 'Tarzan' feature. In a way, that's sort of relates to how we view each other regardless of religion, upbringing, race, and et cetera. We focus so much on how different we are in terms of our livelihood and appearance, we don't stop to think that at the end of the day... we're all human beings sharing the same planet. We were 'all' brought here for a reason, even if we don't fully understand it.

Something I was thinking for "Mickey and the Beanstalk" was having a few homages to "The Brave Little Tailor" since it has similar elements. I also kind of liked the idea of having Minnie's scrapped role from the original beanstalk story.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

I'd like to think there's a way to make room about Queen Minnie. And yes, I do remember the Brave Little Tailor. Proving that Mickey 'did' have experience dealing with giants. I do not know if we could add to that for this movie, depending on what came out first. But maybe Mickey wasn't always a farmer struggling to keep it going after the harp was stolen.

Comment posted by Vimtrust5 deleted March 19th
Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

I wonder...maybe during the song, Fairy Godmother, the Blue Fairy, Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather, and maybe Mama Odie, could use what little magic they had left to give our heroes some extra boosts to help them save the rest of their friends. Only after they retrieve the Book of Disney and get to Magnifico's magic lab can the heroes save the fairies before they're gone completely.

During the Knowing What We Know Now

"Wait..."

The heroes all turned to see the good fairies stumbling into the room.

"Fairy Godmother!" Cinderella exclaimed as she ran over to help her beloved godmother up. "Are you okay?"

"There's...not much time left, my dear," Fairy Godmother breathed heavily.

"The Book of Disney grows weaker by the seconds," The Blue Fairy added. "We barely have enough magic left to stay alive..."

"You're our last hope," Flora added. "All of you."

"I know," Twilight cried. "We're doing the best we can. We'll...save you..."

"But first..." Mama Odie began. "You will need some help from us."

"...How exactly?" Nick asked.

"...We will give you the last bit of our magics," Merryweather sighed.

The heroes all exchanged looks, hardly believing what the fairies were saying.

"No! You can't!" Sweetie Belle exclaimed.

"We can't ask that much from you!" Rainbow added. "If you do...then...you'll all be–"

"I'm afraid we have no choice," Flora shook her head. "The Book of Disney is dying. You're our only hope now to saving it."

"The least we can do is offer our support," Fauna added.

"But...what if we fail?" Apple Bloom whimpered. "If we don't save it then..."

"Dear sweet Apple Bloom," The Blue Fairy comforted. "I have complete faith in you and your friends. We all have. And never have you ever let us down."

"We trust you, with our very lives," Fairy Godmother added. "But we mustn't waste anymore time."

Twilight cried tearfully as the fairies work their magic to give their heroes a boost in their cause.

"I promise, we will save you all," Twilight sobbed to the fairies and voodoo priestess.

Together they granted the Equestrian Heroes and some of the Disney Characters some power-ups, as well as some equipments to aid them in their oncoming battle with Magnifico.

Mickey, Donald, and Goofy don up their musketeer tabards which magically transform them into swordsmen.

"Alright, musketeers!" Mickey held his sword up. "In the name of Walt Disney, all for one..."

"And two for three!" Goofy added as he joined his sword with Mickey's.

"Ah phooey!" Donald quacked as he joined his.

Prince Phillips, Taran, and Arthur all picked up their swords and shields, equipping themselves for the upcoming battle.

Meanwhile, the spellbook granted some magical abilities for the other Disney friends and Equestrian Heroes.

I can see this working.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

This would definitely nearly be better than a season of 'Yu-Gi-Oh!' anime, I'll tell you what.

• Viewing 751 - 800 of 788