The Disney Chronicles 134 members · 5 stories
Comments ( 788 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 788
Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

This is the thread where we share ideas for upcoming chapters and Disney Chronicles.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Let’s see. Current progress so far:

Fantasia
Pastoral Symphony - Coming soon
Dance of the Hours - Almost complete in the Quote Suggestion thread.
Night On Bald Mountain

So far I think when the ponies, Spike, and Jiminy Cricket enter this realm, they’ll suddenly notice how cold it felt, and how empty the village is, which sets the mood to the music. Then when Chernabog reveals himself and summons the ghost, he’ll also reveal he has a music sheet with him and is somehow using it as a part of his spell.

But that’s just a thought from me.

What do you think?

DGJabberwocky
Group Contributor

Are you familiar with the Pocket Princesses comic? What if, they all landed in Equestria?

MarioBrony
Group Contributor

not bad. not bad at all. if only it made the actual story come sooner!

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

It's a rather interesting concept with the 'Night on Bald Mountain' part. I would say that because of this one event in which Chernabog comes out to rain his powers of darkness with witches and demons running amok, the entire village would likely be deserted due to this event known as Walpurgis (Which was incorporated in a separate fan series by a talented Fanfiction writer, Talking2myself, the author of 'The Great Disney Adventure' series). But let's not forget that after this chaotic segment, we cannot forget that soon after the bell is rung to drive the ghosts and demons away, with Chernabog forced to hide in his mountain to pave way for the dawn, there's the 'Ava Marie' segment that follows soon after. It's a quiet, calm setting as it seems just some guys walking in line with torches but in some way it's meant to symbolize that even during the darkest of hours there's still a ray of hope in the form of the light that pierces against the night with the promise of a brighter tomorrow.

So in a way, during this part, I would suspect the Mane Six and their friends would actually be searching for 'two' pieces of sheet music.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Here's another idea:

For the Little Mermaid, and since Applejack's good at voice impression, she can try and talk for Ariel.

yeah i would love to see that

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

It would have to do given the circumstance of Ariel's situation. After all, she had to make a deal with a Sea Witch just to be able to obtain human legs at the expense of being able to tell the Prince who she is.

And if we are in the subject of 'The Little Mermaid', my community theater group once performed our take on 'The Little Mermaid' musical when we able to get the rights (All the more possible given that the show no longer performs on Broadway). As food for thought, there are several songs from that adaptation that could be put to good use in 'The Disney Chronicles' take on the classic story. Especially since several of the songs expanded on the character development of the cast that wasn't entirely seen in the original theatrical release.

Dinodisneylover1
Group Admin

Just had an amazing idea. Since there are possibly going to be Pixar movies as well, why not add Saffron Masala and Coriander Cumin as guest ponies in Ratatouille?

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

It would make sense to somehow incorporate the mother and father duo for a movie that is centered around 'cooking', even if it's mainly about French Cuisine. I can think of one 'possible' scenario to justify their inclusion to take part in this adventure:

Even though their restaurant seems to be doing very well after they told off that one critic about food expectations remaining the same as every other bland finger-food selling joint (For a six foot guy like me, that's not going to be enough), they may be struggling with new ideas. Now we do have a traditional chef who wants to stay true to their roots, but every so often it takes one or the other to determine if they can add a certain element to expand their menu just a 'tad'. This in turn would bring them to France, where it is often said they have some of the best cuisine in the world (Though I'm personally more of an Italian food guy myself).

This matter on what makes the finest cuisine would be debatable, whether be it the country of origin or the cooks themselves. However, as they spend their time helping Remy not only achieve his dream of cooking, while also inadvertently aiding a bumbling former garbage boy become an aspiring chef (While learning a startling secret), they might learn something through this experience.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Though I do wonder how they'd feel about Tiana's New Orleans style of cooking, which to some is considered the finest food in America. Course, the dishes considered the spiciest between her style and the father-daughter Indian family would also be quite a subject for debate.

Agreed~ I wouldn't be surprised if Saffron and Coriander decided to give Tiana a full demonstration on their reach and understanding of spices with a few dishes improvised, almost like how a certain student from Tōtsuki demonstrated the full scope of spice to two others~

After all, a little nod to the foodies on FIMFiction would be welcoming~

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

That is if there's an opening available for those two ponies, it has been a while since they were last scene. But given their experience with cooking, they are sure to offer a bit of help if Tiana is serious about getting her restaurant open. Course, she needs a reminder that hard work can only carry a person so far unless they have something worth more or at least someone to share it with. And in a way I see why Applejack is often seen as a perfect friend for Tiana. She's just as hard-working and at times very stubborn, but she knows that everything she does is all for family. Yet she also never forgets the love for her friends who are always there for her when she needs them the most.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Bambi and Tarzan

So after agreeing that Disney Chronicle's Bambi will be a mashup of the original Bambi and Bambi 2(midquel), I'm thinking Disney Chronicle's Tarzan could be in the same manner with the first half of Tarzan(when he's still a kid), and Tarzan 2(midquel). Now that I think about it, the heroes can just leave Bambi and Tarzan's stories, after they resolved both characters' childhood conflicts: Bambi forming a connection with his dad, and Tarzan trying to find and accepting who he is.

Later, in the MLP-verse, the heroes can come back and visit these characters, say after Spike gets his wings? That would serve as a sign of growth and maturity for them, and for all Disney characters who've appeared as children in the first half of their debut film. But that's just my thought.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Tarzan

I know I'm going to face a lot of disagreements on this one, but I'm kinda thinking, with the MLP heroes involved, can Sabor be kept alive, up until their final battle with Clayton and his men? I just like the leopard and how he/she was animated in action, with their display of powers and ferocity. Plus, with Fluttershy, I'm sure she would try and tame the leopard. But who am I kidding, this is Fluttershy we're talking about. Any animals that shows disobedience or ferocity in her face, then she won't hesitate to give 'em a taste of her stare – unless they're like the flash bees from that episode, A Health of Information, in which they're too aggressive, then we can just forget the stare. Still, I can just see Sabor chasing off some of Clayton's men, or eating them, whichever comes first.

That, and this exchange that pays a homage to Leafie: A Hen Into The Wild.

Persecution Scene:

The leopard snarled aggressively, as it stares at Tarzan with the intent to kill, though its attention right now was on Fluttershy, "Leave us alone!" Fluttershy frowned, staring back at the leopard's piercing eyes. "You've already killed his parents! We won't let you have him too!"

"It's not personal," Sabor growled. "When I'm hungry, I hunt! When something catches my eyes, I kill it!" With a low growl, the leopard advanced on its preys, refusing to yield Fluttershy's stare. "We can do this the easy way, or the hard way."

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Honestly, you are right: Most of us would probably disagree that Sabor should be kept alive. After all, Sabor was the beast responsible for killing off not only Tarzan's parents (Unprovoked I might add) but also killed a helpless baby gorilla just because the wee lamb wandered off from his parents. It's noble for Fluttershy to try to appeal to his/her better nature (I actually don't know what gender Sabor is), but the fact she must accept is that Sabor is a wild animal. Sabor was born and bred to hunt, gather, and eat whatever it wants or else why would it be so willing to keep hunting for Tarzan after all these years? Sabor had waited for this moment and as far as I know this creature is too far gone to be saved.

Big idea for a moment. For a long while, the Tree of Harmony has always called on ponies for certain friendships by contacting them via cutie mark or by some other indication on their being. But the book also had that power to call upon the ponies for an adventure.

Would it be a big leap of assumption, or would it add to the mystery of the Book...if somehow the Tree of Harmony and the Book of Disney actually had an unspoken yet distinct connection with one another~?

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Yes it's true, the Tree has always called upon the ponies when they were needed. But we have seen starting with the story in 'Pinocchio' that the book itself can also call on them if they are needed to take part in the adventure. And whether there is a connection between the book and the tree itself is 'possible', but I don't know if it's 'probable'. I have reason to suspect that the book itself has it's own magic, after all it was probably created by Walt Disney as a way to keep the memories of his characters and their worlds intact up until the day of his death. Yet even he would not have expected that the book would keep evolving as more and more features are made, the world itself constantly expanding with new characters, new morals, and new dangers.

So if you're seeking an honest opinion, it's a 'big' assumption to make without the 'evidence' to support the connection but I do see potential in expanding the mystery centered on this book.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

I do 'agree' about establishing a connection with the 'Bambi' movies because I've followed them more. 'Tarzan' will be rather tricky to pull off, depending on if we 'want' some details from 'Tarzan 2' included even though it's not a sequel like 'Bambi 2'. But that's going to depend on whether this movie was received just as well as the original flick, given that it's possibly one of the few midquels to have received a mixed response from the fans. Although, to be fair, I do think the animation technique for this feature is rather impressive and I can only see this working out if it happens 'just' after Tarzan vows to be the 'best' Ape ever and BEFORE the 'Son of Man' song...

Like I said it's going to be tricky.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Normally I would argue against that. First of all, the target for Yzma and Kronk has been solely just on the Emperor, after he had her fired from her position as advisor (Kronk doesn't really hold a grudge against Kuzco, he's just a follower). Personally I think when the girls do meet Kuzco, it's not exactly on good terms given his spoiled, bratty nature and in a way the worst they've ever encountered. I doubt they would even be around during the dinner sequence as the pair had set this up just so Yzma can devise a way to rid of Kuzco so she can assume the throne for herself (Course she didn't count on the vial containing extract of Llama and not poison as she was intending).

To even be possible for the group to end up being reverted to their E.G. selves would depend on how much of the human potion there is available (Because by the ending there's supposed to be one vial remaining) and at least one for the Dog. When you do the math, it makes it feel 'complicated' unless they don't need the vials at all and one of them would use some form of magic as a means to disguise the group. Because in the event Yzma and Kronk want the ponies and dragon disposed of as unintended witnesses, they have to assume she won't think to look for a group of human gals and a puppy (Though their outfits might give them away).

In order for this idea to be made possible... You must use your BRAINS to it's full potential or else it's never going to work.

These are ideas that I gave Dino a year ago.

So many quantities of two cultures would be for our heroes to learn about our worlds Latin American culture, especially with the subject of gaucho will be something for our cowgirl to learn about. The women and girls in South America and Mexico would find Spike adorable and cute. For Rarity being creative in details in clothing would complement just how glamorous and stylish they are and the same thing with the reed boats. As for our animal loving pony Fluttershy would love to learn about the fauna in South America especially the birds and other strange animals that are not found anywhere in the world. Twilight would so much love to learn about the history of the Aztecs and Incas. As for Pinkie being the party pony she is would so much love of Mexican Fiesta's. For Rainbow Dash she's gotta learn just how exhilarating it is to high altitudes like Lake Titicaca on top of the Andes and flying alongside Pedro.

Also Panchito can teach them that when saying Mexico in English, it has a x in it, but in Spanish it's pronounced Méjico.

Both birds José and Panchito can show them just how very similar their accents sound from the original home land Spain and Portugal.

Idea 2:
Extra scene

And another idea for The Three Caballeros, is that Twilight's brain would explode with joy and knowledge about the worlds largest pyramid in history.

''Also another thing, señorita is in Méjico, we have the worlds largest pyramid in all of the worlds history.'' Panchito explained to Twilight. ''Well, not exactly in terms of height, but in terms of width. Its known as the Great Pyramid of Cholula. It's base measures at around 450 by 450 meters and a height of 66 meters and its total volume is estimated to be over 4.45 million cubic meters. Even bigger than the one in Egypt in terms of width not height. It was built to dedicate the feathered serpent god: Quetzalcoatl.''

Twilight's eyes widened with held back excitement. She couldn't hold it in anymore.:twilightsmile:

''YOU GOT THE WIDEST PYRAMID IN THE WORLD AND THAT IS SO AMAZING! I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE IT SOMEDAY!'' She shouted jumping around with like an excited filly.

''Is your god, a dragon?'' Fluttershy said quietly.

''No, she is a serpiente with beautiful feathers and plumage, oh and of course wings.''

''SNAKE! A SNAKE WITH WINGS!'' Screamed Twilight hiding behind her Applejack.

Don't worry, señorita, she's a friendly god. But she is deadly and beautiful at the same time. I'm sure she would come to like you someday.''

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Hmm... I guess I can see some potential. But it looks to me as if it can still use a 'tiny' bit of work... Maybe a clean-up.

Nice ideas.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

So far they are. But we still got a long way to go before we can determine if any solid progress has been made.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

I know there are definitely some features that might make for a mash-up especially when several 'sequels' are actually 'midquels'. Not to say that 'all' of them should be done this way (I have no idea how it would work for 'The Fox and the Hound'). But thus far, it is clear that 'Bambi' and 'Tarzan' make the most sense for the time being.

I was wondered why Twilight is afraid of snakes, but now i get. (from S1E11)

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

I'd say that is a worst fear than Ladybugs or Quesadillas that's for sure. As far as I'm concerned, unless you are lactose intolerant, snakes are extremely dangerous.

Sombra or Chrysalis will be in Hunchback of Notre Dame?

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

There's no guarantee. They are both good choices for special guest villains in any future MLP project the 'Disney Chronicles' has planned. There's been a lot of talk about Chrysalis to be used for 'The Hunchback' specifically, but I take every bit of news with a grain of salt. Unless I hear the word from Dino himself and ONLY Dino, his words and from no one else... It's not true... Yet. Who knows? There might be some potential.

Fluttershy can help the beast to control his temper for her experience (S2 Ep19)

Comment posted by RainbowAnime deleted Sep 28th, 2019
Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Well yes, Fluttershy 'can' help with The Beast's temperamental problems if Twilight Sparkle won't be enough. If there is one pony in the group who makes the effort to understand why The Beast would always be spoiled, selfish, unkind... And constantly angry, I'm sure she could. If she doesn't get too scared when The Beast is breaking furniture when they venture into the West Wing. But to be fair, The Beast made it very clear the West Wing is private and forbidden by all and well... Belle just had to know what was so special about that one room in the castle. Let's be glad there wasn't any dead bodies in there.

Definitely Fluttershy knows how to handle Beast temper, especially it like her pet bunny Angel. More like a imp disguise as an angel.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

That is true. Yet despite the way Angel acts out, Fluttershy still loves the little guy. We may never know why that is, though many fans will argue that it's in her nature to be kind no matter how rude others might be. Course, one can also argue it happened when Fluttershy first got her cutie mark as a young lass and among those creatures who saw it happen was a bunny family.

Have you think about Pinkie Pie and Joy?

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

'Inside Out' I think would be a perfect movie to have Pinkie Pie as a major star. Pinkie and Joy are very similar characters, each of them quirky in their own way. But they do have one thing in common: Just as Pinkie works hard to set up all these parties to make ponies happy and how determined she is to make every creature she meets her friend, nothing makes Joy happier or feel she's serving her purpose than to ensure Riley has a happy childhood no matter what changes come or what obstacles get in the way. But if there's one thing they both learned along their journey: Sometimes happiness is never enough to get through life.

It's okay to feel all sorts of emotions because it's that variety that makes a person unique. And often times, people (And ponies alike) have the right to be angry, scared or even sad. Perhaps even Pinkie Pie, who is usually the comic relief of the team, may be the one pony who helps Joy learn an important lesson along the way.

Sound a good idea for Pinkie to help out Joy, even at times when happiness won’t last long.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

True. Even when they do get back into Riley's mind frame, Happiness won't be enough to help the kid out. Considering she had unintentionally stolen her mom's credit card and attempted to take a bus back home but only because Anger put the idea in her head thinking it would help. The whole movie itself is symbolism of the changes a child goes through growing up and how eventually all those repressed emotions must eventually come out to show folks how their child truly feels. Now some people may like the idea of being sad, but there's more to it than just boo-hoos and making noise. When a person is sad, it means something is wrong but unless they are willing to tell somebody how they feel no one is ever going to know what pain they are feeling. Especially those who are growing up and facing conflicting emotions they feel no one else should know because they feel they are the only ones who feel this way while assuming everyone else is okay.

But if anything, you'd be surprised how everyone else actually feels if only you are willing to talk about it without making it sound like an argument.

The bittersweet moments of inside out was Bing bing Helping Joy before fade away, for gone. That’s just broke me up!

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

It was a painful moment to watch, since he worked hard to prove that he still means something to Riley despite the fact she's all grown up. But considering there was no way that both he and Joy could escape their predicament, which will be harder depending on which other ponies end up trap with them (I mean it be easy for Twilight and Rainbow to escape being they are the best fliers, while Fluttershy... Well, she's not so much). Still, he knew that Riley needed Joy more than him and like Genie he was willing to give up what would make him happy for the sake of what is best for Riley. Course, unlike Genie, the big blue goof's livelihood was not at stake and before 'Inside Out' ends we'd lose a character we've grown so attached to during this journey.

I suppose at the end of the day, the only way he can ever truly come back is if there is someone or some pony who will remember Bing Bong as the stellar friend he turned out to be.

Wonder if Genie visit in Equestria as his first destination and imagined that pinkie be thrilled and Discord might be irk about it. It’s going one big party!!!

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Well, unless Dino decides to add in 'Return of Jafar' and 'The King of Thieves' I would not be too surprised if one of the Genie's first trips is visiting Equestria, even if it's just to make a brief cameo. Still, with all the places the Genie plans to see with his newfound freedom, at some point the ponies will undoubtedly tell The Genie about how wonderful Equestria is even if they have to put up with the occasional monster attack every other week. Even under those terms, the Genie may consider visiting that joint at some point.

But yeah, I don't see Genie and Discord being buddy-buddy, at least not right away. They may both have similarities, even though Genie's impressions to mimic famous figures or recurring modern elements are slightly better than Discord's... And I do mean 'slightly'. But give them some time and they might find they have a few things in common, like their care for their friends despite their little quirks.

Sure they have some in common like their COSMIC POWERS! Would it like their duelling magic against magic would cause catastrophic calamity If they do try their luck. But, they probably won’t, even their nature are not that irresponsible in the balance of order in the universe.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Well hopefully not too big of a mess for the ponies to clean up in case it gets out of line. I mean compared to Discord, Genie is a little more composed and very rarely causes anything too chaotic. Even though his major parade to welcome 'Prince Ali' would be considered 'too Broadway' to some, mostly the Princess (Even if Agrabah is a period that shouldn't know what Broadway is). Still, if we were thinking of a decent tag team for a wrestling scenario, we'd be surprised as to what Genie and Discord could pull off.

Wonder what costumes or forms they look like in the wrestling ring?

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

I suppose whatever suits their fancy. They can go for the classic eighties look, they can do the overly colorful 90's gimmick portrayals, or just something short and simple. They are both creative minds, they'll think of something.

Whats going happen to the Little dinosaurs? Are They Really stay in Equestria in Fluttershy place? I can’t Help but worry for those guys. I know they’re Dine since IT Fluttershy and Girls simply Love like their own.

IT might change thier Nature and what they deep like lonely. Being the last OF their anceint past.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

The fate of those little dinosaurs will be taken under some consideration as the story progresses. Eventually it's going to come down to a point that Fluttershy will know she can't keep them around forever, no matter how hard she tries to get them to adjust. Whether it happens during 'Dinosaur' or 'The Good Dinosaur', being they are both Dinosaur related Disney movies, the Dino children will need to find a home for their own at some point. The advantage to choosing 'The Good Dinosaur' is that it's an alternate dimension in which the meteor, which supposedly led to the death of all Dinosaurs, never struck the planet and thus the Dinosaurs were able to live for the next million years. There is a slight catch: They have to share the planet with 'humans'.

Also, they must adapt in the World where the now modern dinosaurs WHO are now talking in thier own society?

It’s sound Very tough one to choose.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 788