The Disney Chronicles 134 members · 5 stories
Comments ( 788 )
  • Viewing 601 - 650 of 788

I agree. We know who Ralph is during work hours, but who didn't try to talk to him after hours?

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Although to be fair: Felix is a pretty nice guy. And while I wouldn't say he's 'selfish' towards Ralph for not treating him as 'nicely' as his fellow nicelanders, he is kind of oblivious to how they treat the big guy for years. It's like he just goes about this day like 'everything is fine' and it's sunshine and rainbows. But the truth of the matter is that his 'friend' was hurting really bad and he just couldn't see it... until 'after' that incident at the party when he decided not to return without a medal.

I can agree to that. And while Felix learned about Ralph's problem later in the movie, the "nicelanders" don't really live up to that title, particularly Gene. It's like he only looks at Ralph as one thing and nothing else.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

I never did like Gene. There's something about that tone in his voice where I 'instantly' hold no respect from the guy. I know people like Gene. Waste of space if you ask me.

Agreed, I never liked him either.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Then again, corrupted or not, those kids at Sugar Rush were no picnic either. The way they treated Vanellope (Who turned out to be a Queen... 'President'), I swear it reminds me of high school.

I was thinking. The who released Tirerk, Chrysalis, and Cozy Glow's boss is. And I might have an idea. Hades. Wanting revenge on the ponies and especially Spike for his defeat.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

It's possible, if not probable. Hades would have the power to do so in this dimension. There are 'tons' of villains in Disney with the power to probably break the stone imprisonment spell. Especially if their magic is nothing like our girls have experienced.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Man…all these talks of Star Wars, dark side, reflections, are really getting to me.

Then again, Star Wars was bought by Disney (at the cost of the valuable expanded universes).

Hmmm…if we’re gonna talk about Equestrian heroes confronting dark reflections of themselves…

1. Spike — Fiery, neglected, overshadowed, under appreciated = Hades.
  2. The Shadowbolts — Competitive, poor sportsmanship = Gammas.
  3. Wallflower Blush — Introvert, invisible, angry, envious = Randall.
  4. Twilight Sparkle— Overthinking, stressful, often makes rash and hasty decisions in a state of panic = ???
  5. Rainbow Dash — Oversized ego = Chick? Syndrome?
  6. Applejack — Too honest, hot tempered, and blunt = ???
  7. Pinkie Pie — ???
  8. Fluttershy — ???
  9. Rarity — ???
  10. Trixie Lulamoon — ???
  11. Sunset Shimmer — Hot tempered, often makes rash decisions, insecurity about self-worth = Well technically, he’s kinda a villain, so…Wreck-It Ralph?
  12. Starlight Glimmer — ???
  13. Moon Dancer — ???
  14. Tempest Shadow — ???
  15. Luster Dawn — You ever get this funny feeling that Syndrome from the Incredibles is every anti-Twilights merged into one and a reflection of our own reckless youth?
  16. CMC — Overshadowed, causes trouble a lot, makes hasty decisions, can be irresponsible at times, looked down upon by others, were teased and picked on = Almeida Slim (was an unintentional . Bellwether (I know the CMC aren't guest stars in that movie, but Bellweather was essentiallybullied and looked down on by Lionheart, she can also relate to Spike). Nuka (Overshadowed by Kovu and undermined by his mother). Gabby Gabby (just wanted to belong like the CMC with their cutiemarks). Chick (he was overshadowed by both the King and Lightning McQueen). Lotso (was left behind, like the CMC were left in the closet.)
Dramamaster829
Group Admin

I can understand where you are coming from in light of Luster Dawn. After all, we saw that Luster Dawn is much like Twilight in preferring her studies and initially deems friendship the least of her concerns and overall not worth her time. Course, we see that Luster starts to get a better appreciation by the end of the episode and we see her with a group of friends. But most likely due to not having amount of time, it is difficult to know if Luster will truly take this friendship deal to heart. And before we know it, it would seem that she's foreshadowing a future where friendship will start becoming a thing of the past as Gen 5 will display (Even if there is 'friendship', but mainly exists within each group of species and not one for the other).

CMC—Overshadowed, causes trouble a lot, makes hasty decisions, can be irresponsible at times, looked down upon by others, were teased and picked on = Almeida Slim (was an unintentional . Bellwether (I know the CMC aren't guest stars in that movie, but Bellweather was essentiallybullied and looked down on by Lionheart, she can also relate to Spike). Nuka (Overshadowed by Kovu and undermined by his mother). Gabby Gabby (just wanted to belong like the CMC with their cutiemarks). Chick (he was overshadowed by both the King and Lightning McQueen). Lotso (was left behind, like the CMC were left in the closet.)

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Well at least those three are willing to learn from their own negative experience. Otherwise those poor kids could be worse than those villains who endured the same form of trouble.

I think the CMC could guess star in Melody Time, cause there's a character who they can relate to, Little Toot the tugboat. He caused trouble by trying to help and was kicked out of the harbor and shunned by all the boats. Just like the CMC when they first tried to get their cutie marks and the Gabby Gums incident.

Maybe when the ponies enter that segment, the CMC will encourage him to try a help and they too will get banned from the harbor. As well as suffer a scolding from the Mane Six (since they haven't learned about their ignorance toward them yet).

Before the storm hits, they can sympathize with him.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

I'm not sure if we've already announced some guest stars for this movie, I'd have to recheck. But without discouraging the idea, I can understand why the CMC would make for decent guest stars. Seeing the Little Toot short a long time ago, the little guy did cause so much trouble that he got kicked out of the harbor for his irresponsible behavior. But at least he can have ponies who feel sympathetic to him given they were shunned for their actions too.

Brerdaniel
Group Admin

Just for the end of the Cutie Mark Crusaders trilogy when Twilight and her friends give them the hero party they tell them about a friendship lesson they learned that it doesn't matter that they are old enough to be heroes or not that they will watch over Ponyville and defend Equestria from evil during their absents and help Starlight out at the school of friendship.

I agree with this.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Sure... the CMC could use a little extra work. If only to be granted an opportunity to enhance their skills. Heaven knows, Starlight can always use the extra help around the school. Especially if the girls are just as willing to get their hooves ready to work.

If Old Yeller would be used, I can see both Applejack and Fluttershy really sad on what happens to Yeller round the end of the film.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Of course they would be sad. After all, this dog threw himself on the line against a creature that forced him to have rabies. And the sad thing is, once Yeller got the disease there was nothing that could be done for him. Even if the ponies could have the magical means to rid the rabies out of him, would it really prove effective? For all we know, any magical applications would've made it worse. Some things had to be done.

Here's an idea for Zootopia. Applejack needs to get apples from the section of orchard that she gave to the vampire fruit bats. But the problem is, they attack her and drive her out every time she sets hoof in there. When she brings the rest of the girls, the same thing happens to them as well, except Fluttershy. After communicating with them, she explains that the bats don't like them, especially Applejack. When asked why, Fluttershy reminds them about how they labeled as pests, which Applejack says because they are. Fluttershy sternly tells Applejack that all creatures matter and that it wasn't nice for to call them mean and ugly.

During their time in Zootopia and learning about Nick's bad past, Applejack will say that it's not right to label somecreatures like that, which Fluttershy is quick to point out...

Fluttershy: Like how you treated the vampire fruit bats?

It's there that Applejack will realize that she was wrong to label the bats as pests.

When they return, Applejack apologies to the bats.

That's an idea.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

It would make sense. I mean 'Zootopia' relies heavily on the dangers of prejudice and stereotyping. After all, how would Applejack want to be treated in the big city if her fortunes were reversed?

I suggested Encanto to Dinodisneylover1 and they said that it could be possible to do. I just feel like not only is it Disney's 60th Animated Picture (a notable milestone), but the themes are around magic and family, two things FIM is well known for as well. Plus, with PMV's of the movie already on YouTube, I feel like certain members of the Main 6 (and guest stars) can relate and make friends with certain members of the family.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Of course we're going to cover 'Encanto'. It's part of the Walt Disney Animation Studios Theatrical line-up. Besides, I made a thread for that movie a LONG time ago. You're a little late.

Since the Mane Six and Spike will eventually meet Woody and all of Andy's toys in "Toy Story", there is a plot point that I think could be worked around. What if Woody teaches the Equestrians how to freeze in front of humans prior to meeting Buzz so it would be easier to blend into the toy world? After all, they can't just simply interfere in human affairs like they usually do. Coming to life in front of Sid however would be the only exception.

I have a idea, what if when Pinkie Pie introduces herself to Genie, she sings the Pinkie Rap. (A parody to the song called the Batty Rap from a movie called Ferngully)

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

It's not a terrible idea. Since under the likely circumstances there's the possibility the ponies might arrive only to find themselves replicating their toys, regardless of which one we choose for all or each, they'll need to learn this trait considering that the humans in this dimension would freak out at the sight of walking and talking toys (Especially without batteries). Even if some folks might find it hard to believe, like their minds are playing tricks on them or they think the toys are defective, folks will bound to be asking questions... they'll be investigations... and soon toys won't even be trusted when kids need to share their secrets (Like with teddy bears in that 'Benjamin Bear' thing). Hence why it is important for the ponies to keep low until they figure out what they need to do while in that dimension.

In Toy Story 2 for Juniper Montage. When she and the ponies arrive, their all toy sized again. When their saving Wheezy, Juniper notices Andy's mom is about to see them, she so get's Twilight to make her human sized and she distracts her.

When Al uses the skateboard as a distraction, he does so by pushing it under Juniper, making her crash. So this is extra motivation for when she beats him up in the elevator.

Before crossing the highway, Juniper tells the toys and ponies to stay while she looks for a crosswalk. But Buzz later decides they can't wait and she returns just as their crossing the highway under the traffic cones, much to her horror.

At the airport, while the toys and ponies go to save Woody, she goes to stop Al. She heads him off and hides in a room, calling out that she's in pain. Al begrudgingly goes to check, only for Juniper to grab him and finish beating him up and knocks him out before nonchalantly leaving him there.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Yeah I can immediately tell you hold a grudge against Al, and believe me the feeling is understandable. My biggest concern with this idea is that it might come off as a tad 'overkill'.

I don't really hold a grudge against Al, I just thought it would be funny for him to get beat up by Juniper, twice.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

It would still need to follow the flow of the story. It was one thing that the series was able to do something like that with Honest John and Gideon. But in a way it still made absolute sense.

Encanto

Zephyr's problem

Zephyr Breeze has won a manestyling contest and tries to show off his win, but is constantly overshadowed by the Mane Six, including Fluttershy. When he tries to show off, ponies just tell him to get lost. And to pour salt in his wounds, Rainbow, not happy to see him, zaps him with a lightning bolt and he's laughed at, making him run away, while neither Fluttershy or the others notice.

Zephyr mops by the fountain where Scootaloo finds him and he explains everything. He goes on to say that no pony cares about anything he does as they don't like him. And how he feels inferior to his sister and her friends. But even they don't like him. He knows Fluttershy loves and cares about him, but deep down he feels that she finds him an embarrassment to her.

Scootaloo says she gets it, since she and her friends were in the same boat since the CMC Trilogy. And says maybe he'll get his chance to show he's more than what everypony thinks. Then their cutie marks glow, being called by the book. When they arrive, Zephyr gives the girls the cold shoulder, like Spike did, which surprises even Rainbow Dash.

Well, for Applejack it was tricky. At first I was thinking Commander Rourk, but he's more Shining Armor's dark reflection.

So for Applejack, Screen Slaver. Cause she's stubborn.

Applejack = Evelyn Deavor/Screen Slaver (She's stubborn, hot headed, and like Applejack, is set in her own ways.)

Rarity = Cruella De Veil (Is a fashionista, but is willing to harm animals and undermine others to for it.) Also Isabella Madrigal (though she's not a villain, she's not good either. She acts self-centered and treats her sister like a screw up. Like Rarity did with Sweetie Belle.)

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

There could be some potential in this concept. Especially since we're dealing with the subject of an underappreciated member of the family due to one's reputation. We never actually 'specified' there'd be a guest star initially. But if Dino was considering his options, Zephyr Breeze would be on that list of choices. Now he is not my favorite character, I wasn't even crazy about hearing that he'd be involved with The Emperor's New Groove (As much as that made absolute sense). But if there's some potential for story-telling that involves having Zephyr along, if not some other character, then that is a definite 'maybe'.

Here's an idea for Lion King 2.

The guest stars should be the Young Six and CMC. They can hang out with Kiara and help Kovo teach her how to hunt.

And something else. After Zira is defeated, Silverstream casually tells Vitoni and her friends that she and Pinkie saw a bunch of Outlanders heading for the Pride Lands, being lead by a lion with a scar.

Meanwhile Pinkie describes the lion and also mentions seeing a hippo, cheetah, honey badger, and egret, Kiara realises that it's her brother Kion and she and Kovo rush off to stop the fight. When the Mane Six ask who Kion is, Sing a explains that Kion is his son and Kiara's younger brother, which leaves them surprised. Rafiki explains Kion's absence and the girls rush off and arrive just as the fighting has stopped.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

A reference to the series wouldn't be so terrible. 'The Lion Guard' is a slight guilty pleasure for Lion King fans. Not to mention there's a picture on some Wiki site that has Pinkie and Kion together.

I just saw Encanto and loved it. I wonder if each of the ponies can relate to each family member, like Applejack with Luisa, the CMC with Antonio and so on. I feel they can see some of themselves in them.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

You would be referring to Luisa and Antonio. There's a whole wiki page that gives off all the names of the cast right under here:

Encanto (2022)

Thanks, I might see Rarity with Isabella and maybe Pinkie with Camilo. I'm not sure which pony would work with each family member, but I can see them find a bit of themselves in each of them.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

The ponies don't have to specifically work with a member of the family. It's always been about the family as a whole.

I can see that after seeing the movie, just an idea I just thought up.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

That's the point of this thread. To make ideas and determine whether fans like them. And if we do like something, or not, the least we can do is determine why. So, you really shouldn't be feeling bad if we may nitpick about certain ideas. It just means you either have to be better... or attempt to determine why we should think otherwise.

I have a idea, what if the Disney villains along with the Mlp villains sing 'Better Way To Be Bad'

It might work...but we may need a better song for when both villain groups join forces at long last~

Zephyr can relate to Mirabelle.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

And how can Zephyr 'possibly' relate to Mirabel? They have completely contrasting personalities.

Both feel inferior and like they'll never amount to anything, like their siblings/family.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

I suppose that does make sense. Course, the major difference is that Mirabel makes the effort to try to be useful for the family yet her own Abuela constantly puts her down. Zephyr Breeze, on the other hand, doesn't seem to put in much of the effort when given a chance to prove himself.

• Viewing 601 - 650 of 788