The Disney Chronicles 134 members · 5 stories
Comments ( 90 )
  • Viewing 51 - 100 of 90
Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Yeah... I don't think we 'can' do those movies.

You better ask Dino... Private Message... You know how to do that, right?

cheerful9
Group Contributor

Yes, I do.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Excellent, then that should go off without a hitch (Hopefully). You just need to bear in mind that prior to the development of the stories planned for the series, Dino pretty much already had a HUGE plan in mind in regards to how he wants to handle the series. We're just lucky that barely a 'handful' of live action movies are being taken up for consideration. But much like the casting process of any show, not 'every' story is going to make the cut. I do hope you understand why those movies were not initially brought up.

How about “Swiss Family Robinson”, “That Darn Cat! (1965)”, “Frozen 2”, “Toy Story 4”, “The Cat From Outer Space”, “Old Yeller”, “Escape to Witch Mountain”, “Return from Witch Mountain”, Star Wars (The Skywalker Saga), “The Love Bug”, “Napoleon and Samantha”, “Onward”, “Soul”, “Honey, I Shrunk the Kids” and its sequels, the Muppet franchise, Tim Allen’s Santa Clause series, “Jungle 2 Jungle”, “Operation: Dumbo Drop”, “Homeward Bound”, the Marvel Cinematic Universe, “Mighty Joe Young”, “Holes”, the Pirates of the Caribbean sequels, “National Treasure”, the films by DisneyToon Studios, “The Pacifier”, “Bedtime Stories”, “Sky High”, The Chronicles of Narnia films, “The BFG”, “The Shaggy Dog (2006)”, “The Count of Monte Cristo (2002)”, “Ferngully: The Last Rainforest”, the films by Blue Sky Studios, Home Alone 1 & 2, “Mary Poppins Returns”, the Princess Diaries series, the Night at the Museum trilogy, “The Princess Bride”, and “Christopher Robin”?

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

List hasn't been updated in forever. There are definitely new releases from the 'Walt Disney Animation Studios' and 'Pixar' departments to include.

Comment posted by A Man Undercover deleted Oct 20th, 2020

Did you delete the comment I made asking about Home Alone 1 & 2?

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

It makes utter sense to include Onward and Soul. Considering they are Pixar’s latest flicks. We’d be lucky to include elements from the Sparkshorts, the most adult Pixar shorts in history.

When do you plan on updating the list?

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

A more important matter to take under consideration is where the projects put on the MAYBE section remain as such or if they are in fact included.

Unless of course a change in plans are in order.

Mary Poppins Returns? Especially since you're planning on doing the original. I even have some quote ideas that can be interchangeable depending on if there are guest stars on this journey or not.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

There has been some slight discussion over whether that movie should be added to the line-up or not. In a way, it would provide the ponies a chance to reunite with the characters from the first movie even though the majority are portrayed by different actors. At the end of the day, it's ultimately Dino's decision as to whether he includes it or not. Whatever he decides we stick with his decision.

Dinodisneylover1
Group Admin

A New Journey Begins saga:

1. Dumbo
  2. Bambi
  3. ???: A Disney Chronicles Mystery

Holidays, birthdays & Faraway Places saga:

4. Saludos Amigos
  5. The Three Caballeros
  6. Make Mine Music
  7. Song of the South
  8. Fun and Fancy Free
  9. Melody Time
  10. The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad

??? saga:

11. Cinderella
  12. Alice in Wonderland
  13. Peter Pan
  14. 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea
  15. Lady and the Tramp
  16. Sleeping Beauty
  17. 101 Dalmatians
  18. Sword in the Stone
  19. Mary Poppins
  20. The Jungle Book
  21. Special story 2

Darkness Rises saga:

22. The Aristocats
  23. Bedknobs and Broomsticks
  24. Robin Hood (1973, since there was another Disney Robin Hood film in 1952)
  25. The Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh
  26. The Rescuers
  27. Pete's Dragon
  28. Snow White Christmas Special
  29. The Fox and the Hound
  30. Tron 1982
  31. The Black Cauldron
  32. The Great Mouse Detective
  33. Who Framed Roger Rabbit (could possibly be kept apart from the Disney Book by being an alternate world)
  34. Oliver & Company
  35. Special story 3

The Age of Heroes saga:

36. The Little Mermaid
  37. The Rescuers Down Under
  38. Beauty and the Beast
  39. Aladdin
  40. Hocus Pocus
  41. The Nightmare Before Christmas
  42. The Return of Jafar
  43. The Lion King
  44. A Goofy Movie
  45. Pocahontas
  46. Toy Story
  47. James and the Giant Peach (still deciding on that movie)
  48. Aladdin and the King of Thieves
  49. The Hunchback of Notre Dame
  50. Hercules
  51. Mulan
  52. A Bug's Life
  53. Tarzan
  54. Toy Story 2

??? saga:

55. Fantasia 2000
  56. Dinosaur
  57. The Emperor's New Groove
  58. Atlantis: the Lost Empire
  59. Monster's Inc.
  60. Lilo and Stitch
  61. Treasure Planet
  62. Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl
  63. Finding Nemo
  64. Brother Bear
  65. The Haunted Mansion
  66. Home on the Range
  67. Mickey, Donald, Goofy: The Three Musketeers
  68. The Incredibles
  69. Chicken Little
  70. The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe
  71. Cars
  72. Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
  73. Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (directly after Dead Man's Chest)
  74. Cinderella III: A Twist in Time
  75. Meet the Robinsons (divided in two parts)
  76. Ratatouille
  77. Enchanted
  78. The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian
  79. WALL-E
  80. Bolt
  81. Up
  82. A Christmas Carol 2009

The Final Frontier saga:

83. The Princess and the Frog
  84. Toy Story 3
  85. Tangled
  86. Tron: Legacy
  87. Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
  88. Cars 2
  89. Winnie the Pooh
  90. Brave
  91. Frankenweenie
  92. Wreck-It Ralph
  93. Monsters University
  94. The Lone Ranger
  95. Planes (still deciding on that)
  96. Frozen
  97. Big Hero 6
  98. Inside Out
  99. Good Dinosaur
  100. Zootopia
  101. Finding Dory
  102. Moana
  103. Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales
  104. Cars 3
  105. Coco
  106. Incredibles 2
  107. Wreck-It Ralph 2
  108. Toy Story 4
  109. Frozen 2
  110. Onward
  111. Soul
  112. Raya and the Last Dragon
  113. Luca
  114. Jungle Cruise
  115. Encanto
  116. Turning Red
  117. Lightyear
  118. Hocus Pocus 2
  119. Strange World (Still needs to be decided)
  120. Elemental
  121. Haunted Mansion
  122. Wish
  123. Villain's Revenge Part 1 & 2 (maybe a part three)

Villain's Revenge (movie story and very last story of the Disney Chronicles. Could possibly have two or three parts.) Plus, three special short stories that happen somewhere during the Chronicles.

Possible stories: Beauty and the Beast: The Enchanted Christmas (as Christmas special). Maybe Lion King 2, Jungle Book 2, An Extremely Goofy Movie, Winnie the Pooh's Grand Adventure and Tigger Movie.

If I decided about other movies and ideas, I'll let everyone know. It's also possible that you can see some of the sequel movies (like the third and/or fourth Toy Story for example) as either a seperate story or canon.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

I understand that 'Beauty and the Beast' had a holiday special... but I honestly did not know that 'Snow White' had a Christmas special.

Dinodisneylover1
Group Admin

Oh, it didn't. You see there was this Disney Club book I once had about Snow White planning to celebrate Christmas with the dwarfs. She got a little lost on the way from the castle to the cottage along with Dopey, but Doc and Grumpy managed to find them.

It's possible I'm gonna do a story like that based on that book with some extras. It would also serve as an anniversary and callback to my first Chronicle story.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

That does sound rather promising. I do believe there's some potential in such a story yet. Perhaps even provide a learning experience and first introduction to those not familiar with the story. And about the movies that you say you are 'possibly' or 'probably' or however you said you were doing it, I just have a single question:

What's preventing you from making a full commitment?

cheerful9
Group Contributor

Can I ask something? If you're planning to have your story 'Villain's Revenge' as the very last story of the Disney Chronicles, what will you do if more Disney movies are made after Raya and the Last Dragon?

Dinodisneylover1
Group Admin

They probably happen before the events of Villain's Revenge.

Dinodisneylover1
Group Admin

Because I wasn't certain yet. I mainly wanted to focus on the first movies, but yet ideas keep floating through my head to make things more interesting and entertaining.

I'll let you know when it's 100% certain.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Well you'll have plenty of time before you even get to the movies you haven't yet decided to do. Who knows? Maybe by then you'll have it all figured out.

cheerful9
Group Contributor

What will? The future Disney movies? If so, are you going to do them as well before you do 'Villain's Revenge' ?

Dinodisneylover1
Group Admin

Should it be Villain's Revenge is complete and more movies appear. I'll write them and they'll take place before the events of the final story.

cheerful9
Group Contributor

Okay. That makes sense. Thank you!

Dinodisneylover1
Group Admin

You're welcome.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Makes logical sense to me. I mean after all, just because 'Disney Villains' Revenge' marks the 'end' of the series who's to say that any and ALL future Disney movies that appear depending on long the initial series takes can't just as well simply end right 'before' this special comes up? I mean it's the most logical scenario I among the others, including the boss man, can possibly think of.

I know we've got a lot as is, but "DuckTales: Treasure of the Lost Lamp" is tempting as far as works outside of the animated canon go.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

The movie is NOT in the 'Walt Disney Animation Studios' line but rather it is technically a 'Disneytoon Studios' film (Completely separate from the actual line-up). But if it IS included on the list, it's Dino's call.

Let's add Luca, Turning Red and Lightyear to the mix!

It's going to be very interesting for Mane Six and Spike finally meeting the actual Buzz Lightyear! The one who inspired the character of Buzz Lightyear we saw in Toy Story movies.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Now, now hold on! Just because they made announcements to movies doesn't mean they've officially have it prepped for teasers.

Remember what happened to 'Gigantic'? They said that it was going to be a promising movie in the series. They said it would provide the story of 'Jack and the Beanstalk' that we have not witnessed before. But thanks to artistic differences, the movie was canned and whatever promotion they had made at the time was all for naught.

But if they are serious about having all these movies included in the line-up, we must hope that there is no chance that anything can go wrong.

So for the time being: It's a bit 'early' to assume anything.

Comment posted by HunterBrony101 deleted Oct 5th, 2022
Dramamaster829
Group Admin

For once I agree with Hunter:

The list needs some serious updating with all the new material out and about.

Dinodisneylover1
Group Admin

Well, Mickey and the Beanstalk from Fun and Fancy Free is the closest we have to that story.

For Villains' Revenge...why not make it a three-parter, like with Lord of the Rings or The Hobbit? That way, we can REALLY cover the entirety of the whole range of schemes without the risk of condensation of content?

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Well yes, that was a 'close' adaptation of the story. And an entertaining one at best.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

It wouldn't be such a bad idea. Who's to say 'Villain's Revenge' must be covered in one part? Course we got a long way to go till we get there. And Disney will likely continue growing with each new movie they come up with. There would hardly be an end.

MarioBrony
Group Contributor

well, good luck!

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Dino will update the list on his terms and not because people like YOU told him to do it. I'm sure he's well aware there are 'tons' of movies that have just been released.

Hm~ Only just recently noticed Lone Ranger, Frankenweenie, the Narnia movies, and the DTV movies. These "special stories" listed also intrigue me.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Oh yeah, we kind of forgot they were even there. For me, I always assumed we were just doing the 'Walt Disney Animation Studios' movies. But these would still be rather interesting.

Comment posted by Justin Mershimer deleted Dec 9th, 2023
  • Viewing 51 - 100 of 90