The Disney Chronicles 134 members · 5 stories
Comments ( 90 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 90
Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

A list of stories that our heroes and their friends have journeyed to thus far, as well as the stories that Dinodisneylover1 confirmed they'll later visit to in the coming years, along with everyone else's suggestions.

Any I might've missed, or anyone would like to add? Other than that, to quote Shang from Mulan: "We've got a longway to go."

Listed in chronological orders.

1. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
  2. Pinocchio
  3. Fantasia[Current] (Chapters in progress)

Check Roman numerals.

Upcoming:

1. Dumbo
  2. Bambi
  3. Saludos Amigos
  4. The Three Caballeros
  5. Make Mine Music
  6. Fun and Fancy Free
  7. Melody Time
  8. The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad
  9. Cinderella
  10. Alice in Wonderland
  11. Peter Pan
  12. 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea
  13. Lady and the Tramp
  14. Sleeping Beauty
  15. 101 Dalmatians
  16. Sword in the Stone
  17. Mary Poppins
  18. The Jungle Book
  19. Bedknobs and Broomsticks
  20. The Aristocats
  21. Robin Hood (1973, since there was another Disney Robin Hood film in 1952)
  22. The Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh
  23. The Rescuers
  24. Pete's Dragon
  25. The Watcher In The Woods Maybe
  26. The Fox and the Hound
  27. Tron 1982
  28. The Black Cauldron
  29. The Great Mouse Detective
  30. The Brave Little Toaster 1987
  31. Oliver & Company
  32. The Little Mermaid
  33. The Rescuers Down Under
  34. Beauty and the Beast
  35. Aladdin
  36. Hocus Pocus
  37. The Nightmare Before Christmas
  38. The Lion King
  39. A Goofy Movie
  40. Pocahontas
  41. Toy StoryPixar
  42. James and the Giant PeachIt's a maybe. But I would love to see Rainbow Dash, Applejack, or maybe Pinkie Pie open up a can of butt whoops for Jame's cruel aunts, and that rhino. Or Fluttershy giving them both her infamous stare. Or would that be too much? Overall, nothing's more satisfying than the ponies and heroes talking down to the abusive guardians.
  43. The Hunchback of Notre Dame
  44. Hercules
  45. Mulan
  46. A Bug's Life
  47. Tarzan
  48. Toy Story 2
  49. Fantasia 2000
  50. Dinosaur
  51. The Emperor's New Groove
  52. Atlantis: the Lost Empire
  53. Monster's Inc.
  54. Lilo and Stitch
  55. Treasure Planet
  56. Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl
  57. Finding Nemo
  58. Brother Bear
  59. The Haunted Mansion
  60. Home on the Range
  61. The Incredibles
  62. Chicken Little Maybe
  63. Cars
  64. Meet the Robinsons
  65. Ratatouille
  66. WALL-E
  67. Bolt
  68. Up
  69. The Princess and the Frog
  70. Toy Story 3
  71. Tangled
  72. Cars 2
  73. Winnie the Pooh
  74. Brave
  75. Wreck-It Ralph
  76. Monsters University
  77. Frozen
  78. Big Hero 6
  79. Inside Out
  80. Good Dinosaur
  81. Zootopia
  82. Finding Dory
  83. Moana
  84. Cars 3
  85. Coco
  86. Incredibles 2
  87. Wreck-It Ralph 2
Wildcard25
Group Contributor

6606699 Yeah that is a long way to go if Dinodisneylover1 is able to continue to do all these for who knows how long.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Then as the old same goes, "Divide and conquer." We'll divide the stories to each writers in this group, we'll exchange ideas, collaborate, compromise, and we'll speed up the progress as many times than Dino would've done by himself.

Are we skipping Pocahontas?

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Thanks for the reminder.

Mechazilla88
Group Contributor

What about Watcher In The Woods?

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

I've already added it. Number 21

Dinodisneylover1
Group Admin

I'm not so sure about Watcher in the Woods, but there are a few others I'm definitely planning to do like Tron and A Goofy Movie.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

They've been added into the list. Anymore stories you would like to add?

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Oh, thanks. I forgot that Zootopia came before Moana.

Dinodisneylover1
Group Admin

The first special will be 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea, making Mary Poppins the second. I'll let you know if more will come.

Tim Ribbert
Group Admin

You forgot the rescuers down under

What about Tarzan?

Tim Ribbert
Group Admin

I presume that the nightmare before Christmas will be a Christmas special

Tim Ribbert
Group Admin

Will the nightmare before Christmas be the Christmas special

Dinodisneylover1
Group Admin

Or Halloween Special.

The specials are all part and total canon to the Disney Chronicles.

Dinodisneylover1
Group Admin

I've heard about that one, but never saw it.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

What do you think Dino?

Dinodisneylover1
Group Admin

It is a great movie, I'll think about it.

cheerful9
Group Contributor

How about A Wrinkle in Time 2018 movie?

cheerful9
Group Contributor

I love Studio Ghibli films!

Tim Ribbert
Group Admin

I know that there's a low chance for this to appear, but I'm hoping for 'Ducktales the Movie: Treasure of the Lost Lamp" on the list... again, I realize it's a low chance, but it is a Disney property, and it IS the first movie released theatrically from the closed DisneyToons studio (the ones that came up with most of the Direct-To-Video Disney movies)... and I figured, since 'A Goofy Movie' (based on Disney Afternoon show 'Goof Troop') was on the list, why not this movie?

Same could also apply to maybe 'Mickey's Once Upon A Christmas' and 'Mickey's Twice Upon a Christmas', but again, I realize there are pretty low chances, but it would be nice to see them.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

What do you think, Dino?

Dinodisneylover1
Group Admin

I'll think about it.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

It should be important to note that just because other companies have done 'Disney-related' projects, there's no guarantee. If we did ALL the works that involved Disney in some form, it would take a century to get them all done (I may be exaggerating, but you get my point). Initially when I stumbled upon 'The Disney Chronicles', I just assumed the main focus was all the Disney Theatrical Animated Features from as early as 'Snow White' to the latest 'Ralph' sequel not considering all the other live action movies or stop motion features or even Pixar films as I considered them a bit of an afterthought. But if there's a way to run the series to cover as much as possible, not 'all' but just enough, I'd be satisfied enough if this was well thought out for the series.

Otherwise, while it's important to learn from previous projects of the series and imagine the possibilities of the future, it be wise to focus on the present and await to see what the series has in store for the here and now.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

You know this thought occurred to me.

How come some of the titles are both highlighted AND underlined?

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

It’s because I missed a few.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Hmm... Well I suppose that makes sense. Anyways, is it still a 'maybe' for that 'Giant Peach' flick? One of the guys has been asking about it, particularly someone I'm not fond of.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

The problem with that idea is that not everyone are fans of the 'National Treasure' movies and I highly doubt we have any Nicholas Cage fans on this site. Frankly, I don't think it even 'qualifies' as a Disney movie hence why you won't see those features on the Disney Channel but on more 'adult oriented' channels. Like the U.S.A. Channel and maybe occasionally Freeform but otherwise... I have to say 'no' on this idea. Besides, if I wanted to see a globetrotting adventure I'd rather it be an 'Indiana Jones' and even I am smart enough to already know... It's not Disney so I'm not going to freak it won't make the list. It's common knowledge that takes higher minds to recognize.

Yes, but the question is *WILL* we be able to plan out the divide-and-conquer tactic on these stories? If so, how soon in the future, if not the near-future?

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Why do you even want this covered so badly? Give me ONE good reason as to what makes this movie so special... And DON’T give me that ‘It’s Disney’ crap. I want a ‘real’ motivation, something to make me ‘believe’ it would work.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

I'm sure it will be made possible if Dino is willing to accept the proposal for 'help' amongst the group. Any individual who is willing to put their time and effort into making these stories possible and therefore are willing to put assemble these stories one chapter at a time, under Dino's strict directions since it's 'still' his series, then it just might be possible that they can all be done. And this way, by the time we 'do' get to those stories, we won't have to wait weeks for a new chapter to come up when it can go back to either a weekly or daily posting depending on how Dino would like them uploaded and such.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Besides, that's like if I'd suggest adding 'Enchanted' onto this list just because it was 'produced' by Walt Disney Pictures (And two other companies I doubt anyone would care about). Now granted it is a creative homage/self-parody of Disney's animated features and I 'did' enjoy that movie, with the numerous references to Disney's past works through a combination of live-action filmmaking, traditional animation, and computer-generated imagery (I dig that). Not to mention the songs are rather catchy. But just because it's a well-received critically acclaimed feature (With a sweet performance by Amy Adams), it doesn't automatically mean the feature 'qualifies' to be on the list because there are TONS of other variables I am aware need to be taken into account. Now I did hear a 'sequel' has been in development for quite some time, but whether it's legitimately going to come out or not is debatable... But that's not the point.

The point is: I 'can' say that it would make a potential addition to the list, I 'can' the ponies would have a great time in this story, and I 'can' say that even if this idea is not accepted it should be taken for 'consideration', but if 'no' means 'no' then I am perfectly fine with that. Because unlike 'children' like J.D. Animash and that Kcharros greenie, I can take this rejection 'rationally' because I've grown used to it.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Besides, they'll get a decent amount of 'U.S. History' during their initial trips to America. Even learning about some folk legends like 'Ichabod Crane' or even the story of 'Johnny Appleseed' or 'Pecos Bill'. I'm pretty sure we'll have that covered... Besides, I won't even watch that movie 'twice'!

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Considering that Dino himself did not announce any intent on doing 'any' of those features, I'm afraid I could not do a thread on either of the ideas that were mentioned. Ergo, it would be unwise to get our hopes up on any ideas that Dino himself decided he didn't want to put together. And I have a feeling 'one' particular feature on this list won't get a thread either.

Can he do this movie next?

The Rocketeer

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

As tempting as that sounds, I don't really think we can squeeze that movie into the line-up. Yeah, you can argue, 'But Dramamaster, didn't they make a Disney channel series based on 'The Rocketeer'?'

Yes... And 'no'. First of all, it's barely a 'Rocketeer' series though it does make a shoutout to the original attire but then they greatly updated. Plus, you can see the protagonist's face whereas in the live action movie it was meant to make sure the guy is not recognizable. But then again, a guy who wears a brown leather jacket and long white slacks would easily stick out so...

The point is: Even though the movie is part of 'Walt Disney Pictures' and has gotten some positive reviews from critics, at the end of the day if Dino wanted to do this movie it would've made the list years ago. Unless he says otherwise, for now... It's probably a 'no'.

How about “Swiss Family Robinson”, “That Darn Cat!”, and “Davy Crockett and the River Pirates”?

Those sound like great stories for the Equestrians to venture in?

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Call me when the Disney Chronicles decides to 'So Dear To My Heart'. The black sheep in animated form, despite not having a voice, is adorable.

Comment posted by ToonPup55 deleted Feb 21st, 2020
Comment posted by ToonPup55 deleted Mar 2nd, 2020
cheerful9
Group Contributor

Don't forget the Princess Diaries and the sequel.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 90