My Little Reviews & Feedback 506 members · 864 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
KarmaSentinal
Group Contributor

Title: Wrapped up Wonderbolt

EWrapped up Wonderbolt
Daring Do and Rainbow Dash explore a newly discovered pyramid, but find themselves lost in it's maze-like interior. Rainbow soon comes to find out that it belongs to something...or someone.
Samuel-Neocros · 1.9k words  ·  28  2 · 2k views

Summary: Rainbow Dash and Daring Do are exploring the underground labyrinth of a pyramid when they encounter something roaming its depths!

Analysis: I’ll start off with the obvious point made by the author for those (like myself) that might not like reading stories of a similar nature. While this story is rated for Everyone, it seems to be based on some sort of bondaged kink which is based on a picture the author likes(link is in the story’s description).

With that bit out of the way, let us begin! 

Personally, if I had taken a chance on this story and didn’t know of its inspiration, I might have enjoyed this story a little more. This one-shot is shy of 2k words, so it is a quick read for those looking for something different without having to invest a lot of time. Shelving my inherent dislike for the kink that inspired this story, I didn’t find myself shying away from the story. In fact, this could have been the opening chapter for an actual short story.

The author mentioned wanting to keep the rating E as a challenge, and I found myself approving of his choice because the initial idea greatly reminds me of the Choose your Adventure books of my youth. These books, and TV shows like ‘Are you afraid of the Dark?’ were influential in nature, and were my first real exposure into the world of horror as they were to many others. With Wrapped up Wonderbolt, I could see the beginnings of such a story with the Main Characters exploring an ancient crypt, and later encountering its owner leaving them on the run until they learn how to deal with it.

Too often in my reviews I mention how the story itself could benefit by being longer, thus giving itself enough time to cook. I’m aware this story wasn’t written for that, but I feel what was presented here was a pitch of sorts. 

I’ll unfortunately keep this review short given the story’s length, and general inspiration it’s based on. One can read the story’s description, inspiration, and look at the cover art to know where the story will go. Still, I’m more impressed that the author managed to keep it E rated, and make the one-shot feel more in line with a normal episode, or story aimed for younger audiences without having to introduce words or topics that most kids shouldn’t be learning just yet. 

Rating: 7/10     Worth checking out if you’re looking for something different.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1