My Little Reviews & Feedback 506 members · 862 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2
KarmaSentinal
Group Contributor
EWhen a Kirin gets a B
A for Average, B for Failure, C for Disownment.
TwiFan6789 · 1.1k words  ·  101  7 · 1.4k views

Title: When a Kirin gets a B

Summary: A young Kirin has to answer to his father about his failure in school. 

Analysis: A very short read and wont take very long to finish, and while I was reading I felt a strange sense of familiarity until I was able to call out what would happen next. It was a very strange and almost surreal feeling when I developed deja vu only to be rudely brought back to reality when I swore Aquichen’s father started a business with his right hoof while fighting two manticores, but it never materialized. 

I’m surprised to have flashbacks of childhood while reading a story about mythical creatures based on a show for little girls, and it's that connection that leaves a lasting impact.  Ultimately, a simple story that explores the struggle of two generations that come together at the end to show the difference each has experienced while trying to adapt to a changing world. 

Rating: 9/10

Short and sweet, and long enough to make me relive some childhood memories and want to eat some fried rice that's not from Panda Express.

7775731 When I was young, I had to walk to school 25 hours a day, uphill both ways, on one foot. With the other leg I wrote stories like this.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2