My Little Reviews & Feedback 506 members · 863 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
Azure Drache
Group Admin
EEarthbound
Applejack awaits news on an injured Rainbow Dash.
TheLegendaryBillCipher · 1.6k words  ·  40  4 · 1.3k views

Summary: A Romance - Slice of Life story about Rainbow Dash and Applejack. Rainbow is laying in the hospital after some risky stunt she did to surprise Applejack at Hearts and Hooves Day with.

I must say the story is very subliminal in case of romantic and though it is quite short, take a bit of time with the romance to reveal. Rainbow is actually at the hospital and you see the situation from Applejacks perspective. Like you would expect, Applejack stays at the hospital for Rainbow to wake up after the accident and you follow her from the waiting room, over the talk with the nurse, till she finally speaks with Rainbow about the circumstances for the accident in general. And while they speak, the romance kicks in. The reason why Rainbow is in the hospital is actually a cute romantic reason and while Applejack plays the hard farmer earthpony she represent in the show, you see her more romantic side in her actions and thoughts.

I liked this story to be honest, it is short, only having the important things written down, let you understand the motivation of the characters and also the pace in which it is written is very well. Only thing that is missing is something to make this story unique, something that stands out from the rest.

Rating:
Romance: 8/10 It is not the big great love story here, but a romantic situation in a short story.
Slice of Life: 8/10 It more or less goes as expected as you read along. There is nothing that makes the story special, but it is properly written nonetheless.
Writing Style: 7/10 Good pacing, focused on the important stuff, only a bit of extraordinary to make the story unique is missing.

7.66/10

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1