My Little Reviews & Feedback 506 members · 863 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2
EYou Are Fluttershy
A human wakes up and discovers that she's transformed into Fluttershy.
TheMysteryMuffin · 5.9k words  ·  143  7 · 5.1k views

Summary of Story here: Anastasia loves almost everything about My Little Pony. She also loves Fluttershy, her favourite pony from the show. One morning, Anastasia wakes up and discovers that she has transformed overnight into Fluttershy. In amidst the shock, Anastasia learns what it's like to be a pony.

Initial thoughts: I don't know what to say here. From the outside looking in, it seems like another transformation pony story, this "Anatasia" character becomes Fluttershy. Though we never learn what happened to the real Fluttershy, but that's not the focus here. The focus is on Anatasia and her struggles of accepting such a change. But after reading I can say I've got a lot to say, and I hope I don't ramble on too long! 8/10

What I liked: The concept. Every story needs a plot, and you need a good character to pull you through. Even though I knew nothing about Anatasia going into this, I can't help but relate to her, and want to hug her through the screen and tell her everything is going to be okay. The transformation, and progression of her slowly figuring it out, without feeling "bland" or making you go "Ugh". It's very well done, and probably the best I've read so far with this theme. Usually I don't go out of my way to find a story like this. But I'm eager to find out if the sequel ever gets written. *cough cough*

What I didn't like: The ending. It just leaves you hanging with a big ? which pretty much tells you that TheMysteryMuffin clearly intended there to be a sequel. But as far as I know, it hasn't happened.

Grammar: I didn't find any issues, so I'm just going to mark this as good job and keep it up! 10/10.

Characterzation: I can honestly say Anatasia can come off as "insert your character here" BUT I feel she has more weight to her than a placeholder. She struggles, she's scared, and most of all she has character beyond just being a placemarker. Granted this story wants you to feel like Anatasia with it's title, but I got more out of it then that. So kudos. 9/10.

Story/Concept: Even though it's a transformation story, it doesn't seem to fall into the same pitfalls that I've seen others go into that make them bad. Like really really bad. But this story isn't bad, it's actually very good! 8/10.

Overall thoughts: I enjoyed this story and read it two times before posting this review. Mainly to refresh my memory as I read it last week while also reading "Dating a Sunset." so it's best to have a clear mind when you are about to make a review of someone's work. I can say TheMysteryMuffin clearly knows how to hook his readers in, and keep their attention. And knows how to weave a wonderful little story. I'm eager to see more from them. I already follow them, but I'll be sure to keep an update on things. 9/10

NEW SECTION:
Headpat worthy: Yes. Headpats for this story. It's very good, full of emotion, driven by the character's struggles, and leaves you wanting more. Never a bad thing!
Boop worthy: Yes but better than just a boop
Meh!: no
Cringe Level: Hopefully no story will have to go here.

Final score: 8+10+9+9+8=44/50
or 9/10

Summary: TheMysteryMuffin weaves a wonderful tale of a young teenager struggling with suddenly turning into a pony. I don't feel I'm spoiling anything here. And does it in a way that feels refreshing, engaging and keeps your attention all the way through and even makes you want to know what happened next? Very good and will certainly be reading this again sometime in the future.

To the author: Keep being awesome! It feels nice to do a more positive review. I hate having to feel mean when a story isn't a well written or needs more work, but that's not the case here.

Thank you for reviewing my story and I'm really glad you enjoyed it! I'm still writing a second chapter/sequel, but it's delayed along with other stories. I hope that I get it out soon. :heart: Many thanks, Naliah.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2