Raven Inkwell Group 86 members · 56 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7
Robipony
Group Admin

BEHOLD!!!

Earth Pony

Unicorn

All joking aside, let's discuss this. Which do you prefer? To write her as an Earth pony or a Unicorn?

Unicorn.

Unicorn. Her mane's covering her horn.

I prefer Unicorn Raven... Plus, as the others have pointed out, that's due to her horn being obscured.

Her horn is just small enough to be easily covered by her hair... Now I want someone to draw this but with MLP characters instead of FO:E characters and have Raven in the place of Blackjack

Robipony
Group Admin

6470741 It should be noted that the wiki, says has appeared as both... which is admittedly odd.

It is possible that there could be a spell or potion that allows an Earth Pony to temporarily gain a horn, kind of like that one time, Rarity gained wings (before losing them in her vanity and plummeting).

I mentioned this in another thread, but I think it was intended for her to be a unicorn all along, BUT you know how the animators miss some details here and there.
*cough cough* alicorn guards *couch cough*

But my head-canon is that with her being both, who's to say that she was an Earth-Pony that earned her magic when she went from working in Ponyville--as her appearances have her with Mayor Mare--to working for Celestia in Canterlot.

Or she has a secret twin-sister who is an Earth Pony, known as 'Writing Desk' to the fan-art community, as her name is actually not spoken in-show.
But more likely, just an animation-error brought on by her only being seen in four episodes.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7