Nailah's Random Contests 37 members · 15 stories
Comments ( 65 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 65
Dreams of Ponies
Group Admin

Hello, everypony. I've submitted this thread for Nailah for the sake of having it in the new group. Everything that follows was her original script and if you have any questions, feel free to message her or myself.

Rules- 1. You must use the two ponies/creatures that are generated for you. You are allowed 1 reroll if you can't think of anything.
2. There's no length limit this time. Go nuts.
3. The two ponies must be romantically involved in the fic.
4. You will HAVE to choose one of the six prompts below. Each prompt is different. I realize some will have the same prompt but you can still be creative based on the ponies you get.
5. Lastly HAVE FUN.

Prizes- 1st place- 30 dollars via Paypal. A drawing of your Oc, plus a 1,000 word one shot of your favorite pairing, plus a follow.
2nd place- A chibi drawing of your Oc, plus a follow.
3rd place- A random 1,000 word one shot, plus a follow.

Honorable mention: Follow, plus a comment on one of your stories you've written, plus a random favorite of said story.

All stories must be marked complete and submitted here before the deadline. The stories must be written specifically for this contest and cannot have been published on Fimfic before January 1st.

Judges:
Eevee
Dreams of Ponies
If you have suggestions for prizes let me know. Obviously I'll be judging. Now here comes the prompts.

Prompt 1: The two ponies/creatures decide to go on a camping trip, but it doesn't go exactly as planned, and the two end up in a fight against a powerful ghost, and they'll have to work together to escape.

Prompt 2: The two ponies decide to go to an amusement park together, only to be locked in it. Of course all the rides work even without operators. The two ponies have to work together to figure out how to get out.

Prompt 3: The gala! One of the ponies/creature invites their friend/lover to the gala. Pretty simple prompt. Go nuts.

Prompt 4: The two ponies/creatures end up in a D&D scenario where death is very much a real thing. Can they rely on one another to find their way home? Or is there relationship not as strong as they think and will it be the thing that breaks them?

Prompt 5: EqG Prompt. Luna and Celestia decide it's time for someone to head the fall formal once again and after that one year they really want this year to be special, so there will be a lot of intense drama and competition. Will the two ponies/creatures be able to keep their heads together or will the competition be the nail of their relationship?

Prompt 6: Aliens have invaded Equestria! It's up to you and your mate to find a way to stop them but when they kidnap your lover, you know it's gone too far. Now it's up to this pony/creature to not only save their lover but save Equestria!

(If you have a suggestion just pm me, only reply here if you wish to enter this.)

Deadline for submissions: March 21st. EDIT: Deadline has been moved to April 15th. Now get to writing!

Dreams of Ponies
Group Admin

Happy to oblige: Looks like you get... Trouble Shoes and Opalescence! Have fun, bud!

Nailah
Group Admin

O_o Yay more entries!
Thanks Dreams for all the help!

Dreams of Ponies
Group Admin

Can't say I blame you, though it would have been entertaining to see that. Your one character reroll is: Prince Rutherford! Yak love being shipped!

JackRipper

As your friend, I'm basically obligated to enter this contest. :rainbowdetermined2:

Dreams of Ponies
Group Admin

You already know, but noting it down here for the record: Your pairing is Fluttershy :yay: and Trixie :trixieshiftright:

Comment posted by Mewrilah deleted Feb 11th, 2018

Heh forget that, can't read dates apparently XD

Eh WTF - HIT ME.

Nailah
Group Admin

Mrs.Cake or Mr.Cake. (Your choice as they are both in the same column. and Fleetfoot

Innnnteresting... Tell me, since they *are* in the same column, and presumably cell, can I double up?

Are these the prompts for the contest?

Dreams of Ponies
Group Admin

Yes, and you have to use random characters that we rolls for.

Ok.

I already have two characters Cheerilee and Zecora.

Nailah
Group Admin

Up to you. Its not against the rules to use both.

I have started writing my story, for the contest that ends in March

That makes life easier for me....

How strictly do we have to adhere to the terms in the prompts? (How much leeway do we have in interpreting it, for example - does a chance meeting at the Gala work, or aliens who are native to the world, but an external threat to Equestria, that sort of thing?)

With a pairing *this* cracky, I need to figure out how much effort goes into explaining how the Hell it happened before getting into the plot itself. XD

Nailah
Group Admin

As long as you have the two ponies in some kind of romance be it good or bad, and the prompt s can be interrupt Ed in a number of ways.

Example: Luna and Pipsqueak meet at the gala. Pip had always been fascinated by Luna's grace and beauty, and he finally got the courage to speak to her, a flushed face covering his cheeks. Did he even have a right to love a pony so majestic? Genre: romance, drama, slice of life.

Just wanted to check so I wouldn't get DQd for something a little strange... I may have a plan of attack now.

Nailah
Group Admin

New Deadline: April 15th.

Sadly if it wasn't for the fact that I'm already juggling trying to finish a story for another contest, some personal projects, and trying to find a job (so that I may achieve self-esteem and money, the two best prizes of life) I would join. I just don't think I have the time to enter... wait... *rereads thread.*

Didn't I already enter this?

Nailah
Group Admin

Yes you did.

Dreams of Ponies
Group Admin

Alrighty then. I've rolled and the lords of the dice have spoken: Starswirl the Bearded and Maud Pie. I can't wait for this one.

Dreams of Ponies
Group Admin

I'll reroll for a new character, and you pick which one you want to replace. Honestly, though that seems like an interesting pairing.

Nailah
Group Admin

Technically the reroll is supposed to be a complete re-roll but Dreams of Ponies didn't know this and let one reroll only part of the roll rather than both.
So I will reroll for you: New Pairing: Sombra and Twist.
Best of luck.
Note: Twist is a filly.

Nailah
Group Admin

Best of luck!

Nailah
Group Admin

Well since I'm the founder/creator of this contest, and a nice person. You can keep Sombra and Twist. Or I'll reroll Starswirl and you keep Maud, but normally this isn't allowed per my own rules. So it's up to you.

I'm interested in giving this a shot. Hit me up with some characters :scootangel:

Dreams of Ponies
Group Admin

Awesome! You get... Rumble, and... Spittfire! That's an interesting pair, good luck!

Whelp, that age difference does not appeal to me :applejackunsure: I'll take a reroll.

Dreams of Ponies
Group Admin

Mmmk, tossing the dice: And we've got Babs Seed and Tender Taps. Have fun my friend!

That sounds much better, I'll see what I can do :yay:

I have been wanting to do a romance story for a while now, roll the dice Dream ;)

6353270 It's actually Nailah that rolls the dice. :twilightsheepish:

As long as i don't get snake eyes i don't mind who does it.

Nailah
Group Admin

Tirek and Luna.

Nailah
Group Admin

Applejack and Vinyl Scratch.

Nailah
Group Admin

Zipperwhill and Scootaloo.

Nailah
Group Admin

That will be quite interesting...

6353809 It could definitely be an awkward relationship.

"Honey did you steal my alicorn magic again?"

"...No?"

Ah, I'm taking a shot at this. Fire at me.

Also AU is allowed amirite? :rainbowhuh:

I won't be done by the deadline, but I'm still gonna finish this.

Crackshipper's honor compels me.

6353522 Wait! On the other forum you had the Flim Flam brothers and Mane-iac. What happened?

6375111 I was kind of looking forward to reading it. :ajsleepy:

Mane-iac needs more stories that involve her working with other characters aside from the power ponies. However, its fine. I hope everything goes well for you with your story.

Nailah
Group Admin

Deadline is TEN days away. Come on guys, we need more than just 4 stories!

6386210 I could always try writing another one if you want. In the other group, you had given someone a Mane-iac x Flim Flam brothers pairing, that ultimately wasn't used, that I could try working on. Probably wouldn't get in done in ten days though. :twilightsheepish:

one last question since i got several drafts worked up...do the characters have to be lovers/together romantically already or can they become so in the fic?

Nailah
Group Admin

They can become so in the fic/piece.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 65