The Official Generation Five Site 690 members · 1,978 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12

This is not a G5 hate post at all rather I am just wondering how much of G4 did the writers and animations of MLP A New Generation,Make Your Mark and Tell Your Tale watch?

I guess it was either just the 1st 2 seasons or the 1st 4 seasons and not anything from seasons 5 through 9?

You know the seasons that Discovery Family doesn’t have heavy rights too

SweetAI Belle
Group Contributor

At the very least, Gillian Berrow wrote episodes of G4 in season 5, 7, 8, and 9.

--Sweetie Belle

However it seems like she hasn’t been not working on Tell Your Tale

7964916 Apparently they hadn't even watched G5 movie, else they would know that Sunny had uniform mane color when she was a filly. Or maybe it was just the animators who were ignorant in the latest episode.

The Blue EM2
Group Admin

This sort of animation error has occurred in numerous episodes and with several objects; in Zipp's Flight School, Haven's crown is the wrong colour during the flashback.

7965048 It's not an animation error, it's an animators' error. It stems from an animator not giving a shit.

The Blue EM2
Group Admin

Or not being given the correct reference material.

7965077 We've all gotten the reference material. It's out in the public for all to see.

All they had to do was sit down, grab some popcorn and watch a bunch of fun cartoons. But I guess that was just too much to ask.

The Blue EM2
Group Admin

The episode I am alluding to is a very early one, so it's possible said material wasn't out there in the world.

Flamewarrior02
Group Admin

You gotta keep in mind that episodes aren’t made and then released immediately to the public once finished.

So things could’ve happened behind the scenes that explain the misstep

7965217 But animators don't just animate one episode. They stick around for at least a season. And they interact with writers and the rest of the stuff.

Also, surely they must have some quality control. How did nobody in the whole of Hasbro notice this?

Obviously, there must be some reason why this happened, but in my opinion, it's probably a bad reason.

Flamewarrior02
Group Admin

Okay. I’m going to assume you’re talking about this episode specifically.

I’d say wait and see if there’s a possible plot point or something the future to explain it. As I fly as a feeling it could be a possibility

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12