Reverse Gender Role Equestria (RGRE) 2,150 members · 291 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9

I'm wondering if anyone has written anything akin to the comedy manga "The World of Moral Reversal" by Amahara.

Basically, it's a story about a character who exists in the "prime Equestria", basically traditional gender roles, who switches places with their RGRE counterpart. The manga typically draws its comedy through juxtaposition, creating situations that we already know, but then flipping them through the lens of a reversed gender role.

For example, in one chapter the MC is in a hot classroom and she wants to take her shirt off, but doesn't due to the expectations of girls to be modest and proper. Only, in this reversed world, all of the girls take off their tops while the boys are the meek ones who continue to suffer through the heat. The MC eventually decides that it must be okay because of the new world she's in, but she is unable to quell her upbringing enough to actually be comfortable taking off her shirt.

Anyway, any stories like that?

At least I haven't seen a story with this idea. :rainbowderp:

for thoes who want to see the manga here's a link "The World of Moral Reversal"

Lol, thanks for the link. I didn’t want to put it in the main post because I wasn’t sure if it violated the guidelines.

I wish. Like most things, if you want it, you have to make it yourself.

Search for "Harry Potter and the Distaff Side". Everything you ask for.

I read this years back but forgot the name. Been looking for it for a couple years now off and on again. Thank you good sir for pointing this out!

As for the manga, it is indeed pretty great. I haven't seen a story do the same approach just yet, though it could definitely be a lot of fun.

I’ve read it. It hasn’t t been updated in forever though…

After reading "The World of Moral Reversal", I think the manga has a more solid idea than the fic. The manga acknowledges the physical differences between girls and boys and integrates them into the plot (in fact, repeatedly underlining that the only difference was that boys are sexual gatekeepers while girls are sexual initiators), whereas the fic absolutely reverses the gender roles without making women be larger than men. The manga might be less ambitious, but also better written.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9