Hidden Gems 50 members · 9 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2
David Silver
Group Admin

Labor of Love

Tags: Alternative Universe, Sad, Rarity

Hm! What was Rarity doing during the war in that episode with a thousand AUs offered for us to play with? I admit curiosity, so a point for immediate interest pique. Nice picture too. Of course, we're here to judge what's inside, not the cover. Dirt often covers hidden gems, so let's get digging.

Couldn't find a single problem. Grammar: ★★★

Use of show canon: I do a lot of AU of late. The AU used here is one shown to us in the series. The central conceit wasn't there though, making this an AU of an AU? Rarity and that other mane 6 felt right. ★★★

Character Consistency: I will outright say I love Rarity here. This is Rarity being truly generous. It's easy for her to be when she's wealthy and the money she parts with has little meaning to her. Here, it's different, and it shows. Rarity is living her element. Kudos. ★★★★★

Plot Flow: This story covers one shift, but it carries its message easily and strongly. This is a good flow. ★★★★

Entertainment: I felt closer to Rarity. She is a good pony, and this really brings that into clarity against a stark background. ★★★★

Overall: ★★★★★ I'm going to go ahead and say, overall, this story is exactly what it set out to be. I really can't give advice on how to make this story better at being itself. This is truly a gem, and deserves far many more views than it got. Seriously, go read it! It's under 2k and won't take much time, and you will be a better person for reading it.

I tip my hat to our first 5 star review author! Nice job, and keep up the quality writing.

JackRipper

Thank you! :heart:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2