Hidden Gems 50 members · 9 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3
David Silver
Group Admin

Of Nightmares and Dreams

Tags: Dark, Sad, Twilight Sparkle, Nightmare Moon

Two in a row with similar tags? No Luna this time. Let's see how this story works out differently than the other.

The tense did shift, but it did so during moments of inner thought and felt natural enough. Grammar: ★★★

Use of show canon: This is very clearly an AU. It should be tagged as such. Very little of what we know of 'our' Equestria remains. ★★

Character Consistency: A tale of crushed hopes, the characters work under the oppressive weight of their ruler, making their reactions muted, but it felt right. The story was trying to make a mood and did it well. ★★★★

Plot Flow: The plot within the story moved well enough, but it feels like a moment captured in the middle. We can piece together what happened before then (quite differently from the show, see need for the AU tag) and it ends with the promise that... something may happen in the future. I find myself wanting it to be longer, but it isn't. It isn't fair to judge a one shot on not being a one shot. As a one shot, it intrigues and provokes thought, just as a one shot should. ★★★★

Entertainment: It's got the sad part down! It certainly feels dark. Nightmare Moon is a perfect representation of lawful evil. Thumbs up here. ★★★★

Overall: ★★★★ I can easily recommend someone take the few minutes out of the day to enjoy this chilling short story. It may inspire your own thoughts. Keep up the good work!

Thanks for the review! I'll add an AU tag.

David Silver
Group Admin

Hizzah for truth in tags. Nice story!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3