The Barcast 1,117 members · 2,300 stories
Comments ( 16 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 16
anonpencil
Group Admin

UPDATE: WE NEED TO STAY AT 1K IN ORDER TO KEEP MONETIZED! Please do NOT unsubscribe, even if we have reached our goal! We NEED a buffer of more people, so let's shoot for 1.1K at least! So I don't literally tear my hair out from stress!

So, if you haven't seen the blog posts by me, rav, priest, enigma, flam, or milk, here's the long and short of it:

Recently, YouTube has made it so that any users with under 1,000 subscribers will no longer get revenue… including the Barcast. Basically, this punishes small channels. This would be fine if we were just looking to make money to party with, but that’s not what we’re about. We donate to a horse rescue place calledRedwings Horse Sanctuary, and all of our Patreon money etc. goes there. We’ve been very slowly gaining money from YouTube as well, but as of February 20th, all that will go away.

You can read about that policy change here:https://youtube-creators.googleblog.com/2018/01/additional-changes-to-youtube-partner.html

This puts us in a pretty rough spot. However, we’re going to try to reach out to make it to 1k subscribers before the time is up. It’s a lofty goal, but we figure it’s worth trying.
This is where we need your help.
Honestly, you can subscribe to us and then ignore us entirely if you want to. This isn’t some push to get more regular viewers for the podcast, or be attention whores. We really just need to hit that 1K limit before time runs out. As of posting this, we need about 600 more people, which is a lot. But we’re trying. If you would be willing to just hit the subscribe button, we’d be forever grateful. It actually means a lot to us.

You can subscribe here!:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ3oGd0VGJCPLpCt2BOwbTg

TLDR: please subscribe to our YouTube so we can get revenue because youtube was a butt and made dumb changes that hurt us.

Thanks again for being such loyal fans and friends to us. We've seen how much this community has grown and supports each other. Believe me, we're not going anywhere any time soon. And it's definitely all thanks to you guys.

:heart:

I'm already a subscriber, but I signal-boosted.

anonpencil
Group Admin

Thank you for doing this. Every little bit will surely help.

I saw a signal boost from a few people, so I subscribed and put up a boost of my own. I don't know why the word 'here' with the link to your channel is getting cut from the short view of the blog, though. :facehoof:

Good luck!

anonpencil
Group Admin

Thanks! Glad to have you on board. <3

Done... and done. :scootangel:

You've picked up over 200 subs in one afternoon.
Not bad.

anonpencil
Group Admin

We're working on it! :/

Somehow I didn't realize you horses had a YouTube, this has been corrected.

I haven't really listened to a lot of the Barcasts, but I'll subscribe just because I like Pony Content and what to see it continue for a bit longer.

Also, anything to spite Old Man YouTube. :derpytongue2:

983 as of a few minutes ago!

Should be 985. I have a couple of alt-addresses on top of the one I already subscribed with, so I've subscribed with all three now.

I hope I haven't broken any rules by doing this...

You're just SO CLOSE...

I should be 992.

This is why people hate Youtube. They go after the small accounts while ignoring those who upload dead bodies hanging from a tree in Japan.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 16