In Memory of GreyGuardPony 35 members · 18 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

Greyguard is an old friend of mine so i wanted to do something nice for this here promising new AU of hers.

Unfortunately im not much of a writer, but I sure can draw!

Figure ill start with the header/banner image for this group. A posing group picture of all our main characters should be nice, but what iconic location from the stories should they be in?
Those of yall who are fans of this verse lemme know if you got some ideas!

GreyGuardPony
Group Admin

Thanks again for doing the art Multi! I know that you'll knock it out of the park! In terms of locations where the image could be set in, I thought about three myself.

1.) The garden of Adagio's manor house. I'll just cut and paste a section from the first fic for reference here. " Memories came fast for Adagio now. The building itself was a standard two story stone affair, with a pair of short wings jutting forward and a slanted grey tile roof. When she was a foal, the house had been as impressive as Canterlot in her mind. She had spent a lot of time in the lush garden which took up most of the space between the gate and the front doors. A pair of lemon trees that she had climbed dozens of times flanked a cobblestone path that wound through square plots of dandelions, mums, tulips and roses. The plots had even been arranged in an alternating perpendicular pattern like the cobblestones that ran through them."

2.) The main sitting room of Adagio's manor house. It has a plush red carpet and many couches and sitting chairs in it, but one of its main features is the marble fireplace against the right wall. A tapestry hangs over said fireplace, depicting the amber gem that is part of Adagio's cutie-mark flanked by twisting vines. The girls all posed in front of the fireplace could be a nice picture.

3.) Outside the front gates of the Black Rook Lodge of the Everfree Rangers. The lodge is surrounded by heavy stone walls and the thick wooden gates have images of wide spread raven wings painted/engraved on them.

Anyway, those are the top three thoughts that came to my mind at least. They're probably the two most established locations in the AU so far. Maybe some of the others will chime in as well.

I’d suggest the Black Rook lodge, or else the ruins of Roam. The theme of this particular setting is that this is a world just beginning to climb out of its own Dark Ages, a world where much has been lost and little of it regained, and those two images very much capture that atmosphere.

Looks like the blackrook lodge is the most popular choice so far! Can yall tell me more about it? Not even necessarily stuff thats explicitly said in the story, but even headcannons and implied stuff!

And describe like, th uniforms and gear of the everfree rangers in a bit morthe detail, please? the rangers are a rather unique part of the setting, jt sounds like!

Well, here’s a quote from a story Grey is work on which gives the Black Rook lodge’s heraldry:

The red silhouette of a shield signified the fact that they were warriors, always ready to head the all of battle. Yet the green bar that divided the shield diagonally had its own dual meaning; that they were defenders of Equestria’s freedom. The shield was flanked by a pair of crows, symbolizing both the permanence of their post and the actual colony of crows that called their lodge home. Finally a sturdy anvil sat at the bottom of the shield symbolizing their honor and pride as an order of the Everfree.

GreyGuardPony
Group Admin

Well, the Everfree Rangers wear green all weather cloaks to help blend into the Everfree Forest over top of light chain mail barding and they tend to use crossbows as their main weapons.

One thing that is unique about the Elements of Harmony in this universe though is that they also provided their bearers with weapons as befitting the more rough and tumble nature of the setting. Adagio wields an elegantly balanced rapier with a gem in its pommel that matches the Element of Magic. It should also be noted that her Elements of Magic isn't the tiara, but that spiked hairband that she wears in Rainbow Rocks. Just with the spikes being made out of the Element's gems.

Sonata's elemental weapon is...a frying pan! Like with Adagio's rapier, it has a gem set into its handle. Note that Sonata actually cooks with her Elemental Weapon cause....well...Sonata. Aria's weapons are some sturdy looking gauntlets that slide neatly over her hooves and comes to just below her knees. The forehoof gauntlets have a gem set in the middle of them. Lightning Dust still wields a crossbow. It's just a very fine one with a gem set into the stock. Suri's weapon is a pretty unique one. An over sized needle and thread that she controls with a thought and can bind ponies up with them. Starlight Glimmer's weapon is the Staff of Sameness, just looking a bit more polished instead of just being some stick she found on the ground.

They also have cloaks that match the color of their Elemental gems.

Hope that I didn't just intimidate you with extra details! :derpytongue2: That being said, the weapons and cloaks strike me as more optional things to include. I just figured I'd mention them since you asked about the Black Rook dress as well.

Another really iconic image of this series would be the mural behind Chrysalis and Sombra’s thrones.

As described in the story:

The fallen alicorns were all clearly displayed, their silhouettes falling into a cloud of shadow that rose from Scorpan’s mouth like the tendrils of some monstrous squid. They emerged from the choking cloud warped and changed into mockeries of themselves. Chroma, the bringer of endless storms. Echinda, the mother of monsters. Bitterroot, reshaper of the land. Harlequin, the dark jester. Luster, princess of avarice. And Midnight, mistress of dark witchcraft.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7