Starry Eyed Reviews 69 members · 82 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
Fallen Angel N
Group Admin

Okay, Descendant of the Night: Beginnings by Vaatidj.

When I came to this story, I read two chapters. Normally I would read about three or four chapters but the two chapters were of considerable length, so it seems rather reasonable.

Now, this story does have a decent amount of stuff going for it. It does have good descriptions and details, the characters work well, and the original characters don't drag the story down. The story flows well, and the plot is quite good and detailed also. All in all, this story is quite well rounded. It has no major weaknesses, and while some aspects of the story could be better, they are not noticeably so. :pinkiesmile:

Here's my problem though, it's average. This is pretty weird, it doesn't have any weaknesses, but it could also be said it doesn't have any strengths either. :applejackconfused: I will however, give props to the slightly complicated plot, it does deserve some mention.

When reading this story, I was content, but never really that interested. :unsuresweetie: Like I said before, this story is by no means bad, but it's not like I feel like going back to read more either. I know I know, I only read 2 chapters. But when those chapters together are over thirteen thousand words, you had better have gotten the reader quite invested at that point.

The characters are good but don't particularly pop. The story is pretty intricate, but has yet to get compelling. The progression is smooth, but with it's length, it leaves me expecting more. It feels like I should say more, and I do wish I could, but I'd pretty much be repeating myself. :facehoof:

Descendant of the Night: Beginnings 72/100
:twistnerd: Fans of the Lunar Republic rejoice

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1