Starry Eyed Reviews 69 members · 81 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

It's time for another review!

Many Years Have Passed by Mikleo

Honestly, I am going to keep this one short since I don't have that much to talk about with this story. It's brilliant, but suffers from very minor errors that don't completely detract a reader from enjoying this story in full. The two main characters within this story (Trixie and Starlight) share a well written chemistry together that almost matches the same bond they have in the show, to which I will praise the author for not letting the story fall into another the romance / shipping story. The situations presented within the fic could have very easily turned this story into something it shouldn't, but instead the author played it smart and flipped them by creating some very awkward, yet hilarious moments.

Despite the small errors here-and-there with the grammar (Get a proofreader), my only true gripe I have with the tale is that it seemed to have played itself a little bit too safe on Trixie's part. To which, I think the writer could have fleshed out her backstory just a little bit further while opening it up to further conversations within the plot. I enjoy callback elements, moments where the plot refers back into itself in order to explore more of an already introduced subject. I believe it would have paid off a little bit more towards the end when Trixie was talking about her loneliness and that she could have referred it to some element within her backstory. That's all really.

Other than that, I have nothing else to say except that this story is a worth its time to read. It might not be "awe" inspiring, but it's something worth checking out.

Score: 80/100
TL;DR: Despite some errors within the story, its characters are very entertaining and well written.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1